IGNORED

Jonathan Kodjia, merci beacoup.

reddogkev

What a player. Thanks Jimmy.

We need more of these types of signings. Good, detailed scouting work had obviously gone into it beforehand and, whilst paying a significant fee, we managed to snatch a gem that not many in England were aware of.

It was such a refreshing un-Bristol City like signing.

1 hour ago, BCFC Jordan said:

What a player. Thanks Jimmy.

We need more of these types of signings. Good, detailed scouting work had obviously gone into it beforehand and, whilst paying a significant fee, we managed to snatch a gem that not many in England were aware of.

It was such a refreshing un-Bristol City like signing.

I'm sure that just after he signed I saw articles about a few other championship teams who had scouted him, possibly a lower end prem side or two too

1 hour ago, City169 said:

I'm sure that just after he signed I saw articles about a few other championship teams who had scouted him, possibly a lower end prem side or two too

Of course a few would have tracked him, in this day and age it's nigh on impossible for a player not to be tracked by another English club. However, it was still a relatively unknown in England and not a normal Bristol City signing. Certainly less will have been aware of Kodjia than had it been an English target. We took the gamble and it paid off, thankfully. Normally it's other clubs doing it, not us.

17 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Of course a few would have tracked him, in this day and age it's nigh on impossible for a player not to be tracked by another English club. However, it was still a relatively unknown in England and not a normal Bristol City signing. Certainly less will have been aware of Kodjia than had it been an English target. We took the gamble and it paid off, thankfully. Normally it's other clubs doing it, not us.

Agree. I thought it was such a shame a few years back when the club basically said that Styvar had put us off foreign signings. Such a wasted pool of potential value and talent rejected just because one didn't work out. Glad we've gone back on that.

We would have to go back a very long way to find as good a striker for us at such a young age at second tier level.

I truly believe Kodjia is the real deal and with good management, now in place, and suitable support, hopefully arriving this summer, he could shoot us to The Promised Land

16 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

We would have to go back a very long way to find as good a striker for us at such a young age at second tier level.

I truly believe Kodjia is the real deal and with good management, now in place, and suitable support, hopefully arriving this summer, he could shoot us to The Promised Land

Israel ? 

Archived