IGNORED

Jonathan Kodjia, merci beacoup.

reddogkev

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Cracking player. Very useful striker. Tough, fearless and brave. How we could have done with him this season instead of Codger.

What about as well as Kodjia? Or instead of Wilbraham/Agard? Would it kill you to say something positive? Also, it's time to drop the 'codger' thing now. It's never been funny and is so tedious.

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What about as well as Kodjia? Or instead of Wilbraham/Agard? Would it kill you to say something positive? Also, it's time to drop the 'codger' thing now. It's never been funny and is so tedious.

he's just on a wind up again, ignore him

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Also, it's time to drop the 'codger' thing now. It's never been funny and is so tedious.

That's his nickname. It came from those who sit around me in the Dolman. Most of them think he's lightweight and overplays. He gets dogs abuse when he takes on a player he's just beaten.....so he ain't the goalscoring  messiah as is claimed on here.

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That's his nickname. It came from those who sit around me in the Dolman. Most of them think he's lightweight and overplays. He gets dogs abuse when he takes on a player he's just beaten.....so he ain't the goalscoring  messiah as is claimed on here.

Well he's the goalscoring something, because he has scored goals. That you cannot quibble over. 

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I know it's about opinions, but too many supporters are over-critical, one bad thing outweighs many positives.  We've had a bloody difficult season, struggling in the the bottom 4 or 5 all season, and a bloke who's new to the country scores 18 goals with 2 games to go, and still there are mixed views.

If he was a tap-in merchant who did little else but score 18 goals, there would be a big contingent saying he doesn't do enough in the general play.  Kodjia does much more than that.  I don't think he can win with some supporters.

I don't see him as the messiah....but he's far from a naughty boy....apart from when he booted McFadzean off the ball.  He might not be as good as what I see through my reddish specs, but he has been one of our best performers this season.  For me, the only players who can touch him this season are Flint and Smith, although Tomlin has had a massive impact in a third of a season.

If I've bitten, who cares!

45 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Most of them think he's lightweight and overplays. He gets dogs abuse when he takes on a player he's just beaten.....so he ain't the goalscoring  messiah as is claimed on here.

Then 'most of them' need to have a quiet word with themselves.

Perhaps you could do us all a favour and encourage yourself and those around you to support him? 

17 goals in a debut season for a team floundering at the bottom. If that's not good enough then I don't see how you won't be eternally disappointed with any player we ever have. He couldn't have done much better.

If he scored more, created more, beat everyone, finished everything and took penalties he'd sure as hell not be playing for us. 

Enjoy him while we have him. Another 17 goals next season and he'll be long gone. 

• Admin
3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Codger had a decent season considering that it was his first in English football. That said he didn't impress me with his natural goal scoring in the way that Bob Taylor, Tony Thorpe and even Steve Brooker did. I accept that they were experienced English players but to me Codger hasn't - yet, got that natural instinct.

As I posted earlier Codger will be a better striker next season. 

And they largely scored their goals for us in the third tier of English football, bar 3 for Brooker & 8 for Thorpe at this level.

30 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

@RedDave

just looked up on the calendar, we've got £20 riding on whether JK is with us by 26th October. I said he wouldn't be.

Would you make the same bet now?

I would make that bet yes.  I think we would want £6-7m and I don't think his all-round game is there yet.  

I think I will win that!

You still confident?

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

@RedDave

just looked up on the calendar, we've got £20 riding on whether JK is with us by 26th October. I said he wouldn't be.

Would you make the same bet now?

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

I would make that bet yes.  I think we would want £6-7m and I don't think his all-round game is there yet.  

I think I will win that!

You still confident?

Can I join? I bet £20 that Kodjia will be either here or somewhere else on that date.

I must confess that I thought Kodjia would not score as many as he has because he is talented but he was all right  foot and thus easy for defenders to nullify.

However he notched with his left against Derby , IIRC , so i think he's working on that weakness.

Anyhow , Bravo Monsieur Kodjia , bien joué .

7 hours ago, RedDave said:

I think I will win that!

You still confident?

Genuinely, I think it could go either way. So yes, in the interests of fun I'd make the bet again!

17 hours ago, Leveller said:

Not a lone voice. I tend to agree this time - and I was the one who said I wouldn't bat an eyelid if he left - slightly tongue in cheek.

He has spent an awful lot of time running up blind alleys on his own. .

Are you talking about Kodjia or Robbored ?

I think our biggest problem with Kodjia, will be keeping hold of him,

To score that many goals, in his first season in English football, having never played at this level, in a relegation form team, living in a new country, for part of the time unable to communicate with team mates is incredible and will not have gone unnoticed by Prem teams and teams about to go up.

I hope we can keep him, because if he is still that raw as LJ suggest, then what can he be next season

3 minutes ago, City169 said:

Play fair Monkeh, no facts allowed, irrational hatred of a person for no reason and a blind refusal to give them any credit only.

Don't mind irrational hatred I have that when Carl Hutchings is involved,

Anyway kodja is decent but I can see where the criticism comes from,

he is very frustrating and missing quite a lot of chances,

but so do all good strikers, he is a breath of fresh air though

5 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

'Squad' being the key word. How many other forwards were capable this season? And who else in the squad scored any goals? When your fighting to confirm your championship status you don't drop your (only) top scoring threat.

Just want to say a big thank you to Lee Johnson for doing a top job in picking the team, tactics, squad rotation, loan signings etc and saving our season. 

Just want to say to That35, never I repeat never go into football management.......unless it's for the Gas!

1 hour ago, Thatch35 said:

What's that got to do with my post. The squad needed more players back last summer.

Think you will find Pembo had a lot to do with it and signings made prior to LJ.

Going to back to my point and I will help you by linking it to yours, with a small squad the tactics, rotation, picking the team is all effected.

Yes I agree it's fantastic and great testimony to LJ that he has been able to link well with all rest of the management team, including Pembo so quickly. Proving what a top manager he really is!

Archived