IGNORED

Jonathan Kodjia, merci beacoup.

reddogkev

If it wasn't for our brilliant Frenchmen, we'd have been relegated without any doubt whatsoever.

For 2 million quid, the man is a steal (okay, not quite in the scale of Riyad Mahrez, but close enough in my book).

He has scored the goals to keep us in the division, and promises a lot more to come next year.

And his dance moves are sublime, skillful, if not a little strange... probably all the rage in the French suburbs.

I salute you Kodjia, long may you continue to score goals for City, and either fire us to the top, or get there yourself in the coming years.

Been a joy to watch.  Improving all the time.  Very good to have a good pro like Wilbs around to help him develop too.   I guess he'll be spending some well desreved time with his family in the summer but I really hope the he (with the club's support) continue to work on improving his English.

Well said Kev. 

The lad's a natural goalmouth predator.  Took a big step going into the English Championship and has been able to adjust to become one of the division's top scorers, despite in no way having the support of one of the division's top midfields. He'll only get better. 

When you consider some of the players he has out scored this season, playing for a team in a relegation battle for most of the season and the fact that he wasn't our regular penalty taker, his return has been excellent.

He'll be even better next season.

2 minutes ago, City169 said:

Its a shame really that he isn't 2-3 years younger. Done a fantastic job regardless and in one of the top sides in the division it wouldn't be too unreasonable to suggest he'd be close to 25 goals.

Similar situation to Vardy in many ways. Both come from an amateur background and got into the pro game late. As a result both have more potential to improve and a higher ceiling than many academy-taught players.

If he had been academy trained, he'd have been picked up by a bigger side before now OR he wouldn't be the player he is as all the imagination and flair he has might have been coached out of him.

Either way, we've got a gem; and he's only going to improve.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Similar situation to Vardy in many ways. Both come from an amateur background and got into the pro game late. As a result both have more potential to improve and a higher ceiling than many academy-taught players.

If he had been academy trained, he'd have been picked up by a bigger side before now OR he wouldn't be the player he is as all the imagination and flair he has might have been coached out of him.

Either way, we've got a gem; and he's only going to improve.

Fair points

Joy to watch, on his day Jimmy is unplayable, defenders just don't know how to deal with him. Love his unpredictability & ability to get you off your seat - not often that type of player comes around.

Fingers crossed with a full pre-season under his belt with us & this years' experience behind him that he can continue to progress next year.

It looks like he has enjoyed every single goal he has scored for us this season.  I love the exuberance of his celebrations.

Very little time injured and has played a lot of games.  JK adapted to the rigors of the Championship quickly and has repaid us with an excellent goal tally.

All bodes well for next season.

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exciting player, potential to improve, natural goalscorer yet I saw someone on here say they 'wouldn't bat an eyelid' if he left. Amazing really. 

He's my favourite player to watch since 13/14 season JET.

He is the man to come and see, that's for sure.  In my time following City, Shaun Goater is my top all-time player (despite his move to Man City), but I'm hoping that Kodjia will replace him in the next season.  I've not had a city shirt for at least ten years, but I'm strongly toying with the idea of buying a new one and plastering his name on the back.

Thank God he agreed to leave Angers and try his hand in Bristol.

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

He is the man to come and see, that's for sure.  In my time following City, Shaun Goater is my top all-time player (despite his move to Man City), but I'm hoping that Kodjia will replace him in the next season.  I've not had a city shirt for at least ten years, but I'm strongly toying with the idea of buying a new one and plastering his name on the back.

IIRC in the short time between the kodjia rumour starting and him being unveiled a link was put to the Angers forum where they said he was too good for us. If we don't improve a lot next season I think they'll have been right

I don't worry he won't be with us next season - I just don't see a Championship side fronting the money, plus we have zero reason to sell. I don't think he is quite ready for the Prem, so I don't see that happening either.

Next season, provided we add another 10-15 goal striker to ease the pressure on him, plus the added creativity we hope is in the midfield DNA , then I can genuinely see him getting close to 30 goals. 

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

My favourite thing about JK....

i added him as a friend on Snapchat a couple of months ago. He didn't accept...

Until 1500hrs on Saturday!

He accepted your request whilst sitting on the subs' bench at Blackburn?  What a legend!

10 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Goater is before my time but Kodjia is already up there with JET, Trundle, Adomah and Noble in my favourite players I've watched. I'd rather watch a flawed enigma like arguably any of the ones I've mentioned than a Skuse or a Baldock (who's work-rate and endeavour is  equally important) any day.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Goater is before my time but Kodjia is already up there with JET, Trundle, Adomah and Noble in my favourite players I've watched. I'd rather watch a flawed enigma like arguably any of the ones I've mentioned than a Skuse or a Baldock (who's work-rate and endeavour is  equally important) any day.

JET, Adomah and Murray for me. Though Kodjia will join them if he has a good season next year, his play against Forest at home was cracking, being fouled but just carrying on and us scoring as a result.

Its a different player to the one that looked totally lost at Sheff Wed at the start of the season. He's adapted and progressed fantastically, even more so when you consider he didn't speak a word of English and had never played at as high a level as this when he arrived

Certainly a nominee for player of the year.

30 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

My favourite thing about JK....

i added him as a friend on Snapchat a couple of months ago. He didn't accept...

Until 1500hrs on Saturday!

Interesting, he's being made to wear a device to monitor his sleeping as he stays awake playing games on his phone and has been turning in for training extremely tired. LJ did a little bit of investigation and was made aware that this was the case. I bet JK is annoyed with the team mate who grassed him up!!

1 minute ago, aller g said:

Interesting, he's being made to wear a device to monitor his sleeping as he stays awake playing games on his phone and has been turning in for training extremely tired. LJ did a little bit of investigation and was made aware that this was the case. I bet JK is annoyed with the team mate who grassed him up!!

It's not hard to see, he shares French videos on Facebook in the early hours of the morning. 

Hmmm......I maybe a lone voice on the topic of Codger. Whilst I agree that his goals have been crucial in our survival I think that without him whoever played in his position for City may well have got a similar amount of goals..

But as others have said he'll be far more of threat in Championship next season. This seasons experience will have done wonders for his game. That said I hope he beefs up over summer and also hope that Championship defenders haven't worked him out.

Archived