IGNORED

Section 82. Yes or No?

ZiderEyed

Section 82, Yes or No?  

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not just aimed at you but it seems completely hypocritical to complain about a minority of fans calling another set of fans ****s and then yourself call that set of fans 'complete bellends'. That doesn't really put you on moral high ground, does it?

I see what you have done there. Very clever.

However I'm not the one who stands in a crowd chanting at fellow Bristol City fans for no reason other then they choose not to sing.

This makes them bellends 

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh dear, looks like some kids in the Atyeo! Such bad parenting! ;)

Foggy have u got kids? I don't think you have with that sort of reply, it's a parents job to bring them up as best as possible, if u 12 I suggest most parents with half a brain wouldn't think sitting infront of or in section 82 is a great idea. By all means go to football with your kids but that age best of in family area or a quieter part of stadium. 

7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Foggy have u got kids? I don't think you have with that sort of reply, it's a parents job to bring them up as best as possible, if u 12 I suggest most parents with half a brain wouldn't think sitting infront of or in section 82 is a great idea. By all means go to football with your kids but that age best of in family area or a quieter part of stadium. 

None of your business; it's also none of your business to comment on how parents choose to raise their kids which you commented on earlier in this thread.

There are obviously a range of parents/friends of parents who have/know of kids in the Atyeo. Are you really saying all of them don't have 'half a brain cell'? It's verbal dihorrea with you at times on here.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

None of your business; it's also none of your business to comment on how parents choose to raise their kids which you commented on earlier in this thread. 

So I was right then and I was actually commentating on how I would bring my kids up not others. 

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

So I was right then and I was actually commentating on how I would bring my kids up not others. 

But by default also making a judgement on others who make different choices. And what exactly were you right about? Just because I don't disclose personal information about myself to an anonymous poster under the alias of 'spoons' online doesn't make you correct!

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

There are obviously a range of parents/friends of parents who have/know of kids in the Atyeo. Are you really saying all of them don't have 'half a brain cell'? It's verbal dihorrea with you at times on here.

I'm on about in the mix with section 82 not the whole of the ateyo. 

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

But by default also making a judgement on others who make different choices. And what exactly were you right about? Just because I don't disclose personal information about myself to an anonymous poster under the alias of 'spoons' online doesn't make you correct!

so phileas fog isn't anonymous ? What u want to know I can tell you anything u want I'm not hiding anything 

12 minutes ago, Spoons said:

'm on about in the mix with section 82 not the whole of the ateyo. 

What has this small group of fans specifically done that makes the welfare of children an issue nowhere else in the stand or stadium?

3 minutes ago, WTMS said:

What has this small group of fans specifically done that makes the welfare of children an issue, nowhere else in the stand or stadium?

Unfortunately for the good people who started with the right idea, they have been joined by morons who have made section 82 be judged by there actions, which are unsuitable for young children to be involved in. It's a shame as hard work has been ruined but hopefully end of season came at right time and some extra thought can be applied to what direction section 82 and it's followers will go in next season

My view. I do think the parent knows his or her child/children better than anyone else, and yes any parent would want to do what's best for them. Some children might be more sensitive than others and need to be in the family area. I guess there is a reason why the club have extended the Family area next season, there must be a demand for it.

I would say though that being a parent involves a lot of sacrifice for your children at times, they should be put above all else. I guess there are parents who are in the family area that would like to be standing and singing with their mates and be with their kids,but sometimes you can't have it all and their has to be a compromise. 

The saddest thing I saw was a group of city fans away at Coventry, they stood together shouting and swearing and were pretty drunk. They had their children with them that ranged from about 5 to 10 ish, about 7 kids. The blokes were in one row together and their kids the row infront. The kids mimicked everything their parent did, obscene gestures, every swear word possible. And the adults didn't bat an eyelid as it seemed normal behaviour for them. How sad is that.

I'm not suggesting this happens anywhere in our ground, and I hope it never does. But these people were city fans.

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

Unfortunately for the good people who started with the right idea

The answer is nothing. They are not involved in criminality as you earlier implied, and they are no risk to children.

1 minute ago, WTMS said:

The answer is nothing. They are not involved in criminality as you earlier implied, and they are no risk to children.

I'm not calling anyone a criminal but if you thing it is sensible to have young children in the mix of section 82 I would suggest you are wrong. It's not the best a liable option at Ashton gate to bring a young child to a game fact! I take it you don't have kids? Or if you have would you bring them in section 82?

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

My view. I do think the parent knows his or her child/children better than anyone else, and yes any parent would want to do what's best for them. Some children might be more sensitive than others and need to be in the family area. I guess there is a reason why the club have extended the Family area next season, there must be a demand for it.

I would say though that being a parent involves a lot of sacrifice for your children at times, they should be put above all else. I guess there are parents who are in the family area that would like to be standing and singing with their mates and be with their kids,but sometimes you can't have it all and their has to be a compromise. 

The saddest thing I saw was a group of city fans away at Coventry, they stood together shouting and swearing and were pretty drunk. They had their children with them that ranged from about 5 to 10 ish, about 7 kids. The blokes were in one row together and their kids the row infront. The kids mimicked everything their parent did, obscene gestures, every swear word possible. And the adults didn't bat an eyelid as it seemed normal behaviour for them. How sad is that.

I'm not suggesting this happens anywhere in our ground, and I hope it never does. But these people were city fans.

100% agree with this, put better than I could ever write .

Can someone clarify when they have called people in the dolman c***s, I sit in dolman and haven't heard this, or are they abusing people in the dolman if they leave early walking past the atyeo stand?

also think someone earlier mentioned they are trying to replicate the atmosphere at palace in section 82...sorry to say they could not be any further away from the level of noise an intensity at palace.

8 hours ago, WTMS said:

Fans in the Atyeo also earn the club money. They purchase. Atmosphere/fans attract more fans including the young into lifetimes of support.

We are all part of the club sat, stood, families or corporate. The Atyeo reflects that.

With reduced Tickets prices for the Atyeo they are effectively subsiding you, the 1000 in there would be elsewhere in the ground paying more, for example if they went in South Stand behind goal, that's £100 extra each another 10k per season.

Every penny counts.  

Likewise for the likes of villa/Leeds etc we won't be able to sell out the Atyeo to away fans because of the stroppy 1000.

every penny counts and sadly the club weld to a bunch of complainers who shout abuse At fellow home fans and chant for the return of the Robin badge that frankly no one really cares about.

Ungrateful much.

3 minutes ago, Bowie said:

With reduced Tickets prices for the Atyeo they are effectively subsiding you, the 1000 in there would be elsewhere in the ground paying more, for example if they went in South Stand behind goal, that's £100 extra each another 10k per season.

Every penny counts.  

Likewise for the likes of villa/Leeds etc we won't be able to sell out the Atyeo to away fans because of the stroppy 1000.

every penny counts and sadly the club weld to a bunch of complainers who shout abuse At fellow home fans and chant for the return of the Robin badge that frankly no one really cares about.

Ungrateful much.

I would like the robin back 

13 minutes ago, Bowie said:

With reduced Tickets prices for the Atyeo they are effectively subsiding you,

My season ticket is in another stand. 

I think the Atyeo price is a very healthy thing. The price x times noise hopefully will attract young fans into life times of support. Those fans pounds turning into lifetimes will also count.

The kids around me matchday day in the Dolman are at times envious of the fun stand.  Hopefully the fun will spread into the Dolman and get those kids into BCFC as well.

16 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Can someone clarify when they have called people in the dolman c***s, I sit in dolman and haven't heard this, or are they abusing people in the dolman if they leave early walking past the atyeo stand?

also think someone earlier mentioned they are trying to replicate the atmosphere at palace in section 82...sorry to say they could not be any further away from the level of noise an intensity at palace.

Last two home games songs directed at particularly block a & b dolman ending with c u n .., u must be deaf if you ain't heard that !

17 minutes ago, Bowie said:

Every penny counts.  

Ungrateful much.

A lad who recently died was voted supporter of the year by the fans and the players for efforts towards the Robin and i would not say he was section 82.

Some do care.

12 minutes ago, WTMS said:

My season ticket is in another stand. 

I think the Atyeo price is a very healthy thing. The price x times noise hopefully will attract young fans into life times of support. Those fans pounds turning into lifetimes will also count.

The kids around me matchday day in the Dolman are at times envious of the fun stand.  Hopefully the fun will spread into the Dolman and get those kids into BCFC as well.

Were it POTD with more seats available, such as might have been available in South Stand, I would agree.  Having made the Ateyo a closed shop of 1,000 season ticket holders, the price those thousand pay is irrelevant in terms of new fans coming to the ground.

Feeling disappointed

Why have we got fans are the forum slating Section 82 for staying in The Ateyo and depriving the club of money etc

Can I just point out the clubs idea was to displace ALL season ticket holders in blocks A and B of the Dolman , and house the Ateyo Season ticket holders there .

Naturally we said no as this was totally unjust to those people who have sat in there for years

Please understand the facts before you slate their decision to want to stay put in the Ateyo.

If this thread is being read by the powers that be, I think they have plenty of reasons for there being no extension to Lower Dolman A and B for the " singing/standing/unreserved and now swearing at fellow City supporters in the name of banter" section. 

This is obviously not creating a good atmosphere.

how many times, section  82 have never asked for cheaper tickets, the club set the price as it has the least facilities , and has reduced our numbers from 1400, to 1000 at a stroke, the club goes on about making as much money as they can, however i think they got it wrong this season with any new build bounce lost by not giving the ateyo to away fans, maximising  income , many teams will bring 3/4 thousand  and the club  are turning it down ?  many fans felt moving into the dolman would upset a few regulars, it now transpires a lot have moved to the new west stand !

i love what is going on in the ateyo, fans putting in a lot of time /effort getting stickers done, flags  made up, the laborious process of hanging flags up before the game, then putting them away again after, a needless process instigated by the club,  all the fans want is to create  a great atmosphere that everyone can enjoy, i sure  the players would rather play in a loud stadium  than be quoted in the post, it was great to run out infront of a silent stadium ;)   

i was a potd fan and have enjoyed taking my lad with me who is 10, he  loves all the singing etc, not into face painting and balloons , just getting behind his local team,  we have next season  purchased season tickets even though we can only go to half the games, due to my work , we have sat in the dolman this season and sat by some right numpties, had a bit too much to drink.and needlessly over the top swearing, which not everyone in the dolman is like that, however not solely exclusive to the ateyo.

using the c word, to our own fans is a bit pointless , and next season section 82ers should boo whoever is singing it, and lets all just move on and get behind the team in our own chosen way 

Archived