IGNORED

Section 82. Yes or No?

ZiderEyed

Section 82, Yes or No?  

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Spoons said:

I'm trying to say as a parent why would u take your kids in to section 82, strange for me to understand the thinking behind why u would do that

I took my 5 year old in the Ateyo this season with a number of other family members, was not entirely what to expect given I've not held an ST for a couple of seasons due to rearing children. It is intimidating and the vocab a little unsavoury but I didn't at any time feel threatened for either of us. We are moving to the family corner next year, principally because his ticket is free and I'm £5 better off vs this year but also to escape the language; my Mrs has already told me I'll be the one going into school to deal with his teacher when he calls someone a c***! :-)

3 minutes ago, Chitterlin' said:

I took my 5 year old in the Ateyo this season with a number of other family members, was not entirely what to expect given I've not held an ST for a couple of seasons due to rearing children. It is intimidating and the vocab a little unsavoury but I didn't at any time feel threatened for either of us. We are moving to the family corner next year, principally because his ticket is free and I'm £5 better off vs this year but also to escape the language; my Mrs has already told me I'll be the one going into school to deal with his teacher when he calls someone a c***! :-)

How funny, my 5 and 10 year old are staying with me in the Atyeo because it's muchard more fun.

Ultimately if a group of fans of a club wish to pool their efforts in a more coercive manner then I don't understand why the can't. 

All this Dolman nonsense as been going for years and years and years. I have mates in their 50s who can tell you similar stories from 30 plus years ago. 

Just seems fashionable to moan about it at present. 

This thread mind. If a few misguided souls hadn't seen fit to end one of their chants with the C-bomb none of this would be an issue would it? 

S82,Forza, Parkenders, Subbers, Eastenders, Brookside, whatever a certain group of people choose to call themselves, no matter how twee  or sad it seems to others, isn't really a problem is it? Wave flags if you want, throw streamers, wave your bloody pants inthe air for all I care, it affects me none. I don't agree that it makes AG a better - or worse - place to watch football. I don't think the sound travels very well and I'm too busy watching the actual football to notice if flags (or pants) are being waved (or stolen) for it to remotely bother me, frankly. So, S82 can do their "thing" and I don't give a toss     . On a forum where outrage is routinely deployed at the lack of plates for one's chips or whatever the cause du jour may be, a few ill advised appendages to an entirely forgettable chant seem to have turned the forum into a virtual Yugoslavia. I'm an East-End Dolmanite or am I a Williams Park-Ender? Either way, the sniping, snobbery and stupidity serves no real purpose, does it  

Now, does anyone want to buy some "pre-loved" flags I've got my hands on . . . 

3 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I see what you have done there. Very clever.

However I'm not the one who stands in a crowd chanting at fellow Bristol City fans for no reason other then they choose not to sing.

This makes them bellends 

Well, I just hope there's no kids reading this Andy. Would hate them to read about people in the Dolman and South Stand calling people in another stand bellends, *****, chavs and saying their all on benefits. The latter song supposedly sang by the Dolman on Saturday being particularly ill-judged given their is a disabled section at the front of the Atyeo.

Or maybe you're just getting offended on behalf of other people, or actually both the songs from the Atyeo and the Dolman were just a bit of football banter sang by a significant minority and the Atyeo lot don't really think the Dolman  are ***** and the Dolman don't really think the South Stand are chavs who are all on benefits.

30 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well, I just hope there's no kids reading this Andy. Would hate them to read about people in the Dolman and South Stand calling people in another stand bellends, *****, chavs and saying their all on benefits. The latter song supposedly sang by the Dolman on Saturday being particularly ill-judged given their is a disabled section at the front of the Atyeo.

Or maybe you're just getting offended on behalf of other people, or actually both the songs from the Atyeo and the Dolman were just a bit of football banter sang by a significant minority and the Atyeo lot don't really think the Dolman  are ***** and the Dolman don't really think the South Stand are chavs who are all on benefits.

Mate I really couldn't give a monkeys. Things like that don't offend me one bit. I do find it embarrassing and cringe worthy though . I can honestly say in all my years at football I have never seen fans of the same club, giving each other stick 

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I seriously doubt any of the disabled supporters joined in with the jolly little tune sung by the atyeo fellows, so are you suggesting they wouldn't understand that the retort wasn't aimed at them. That's seriously worrying.

This thread is going round in circles. Basically kids copy things that adults do, that's how they learn. Let's set them good examples and make sure the copy all the positive good, fun stuff. 

They do hear swearing, I'm not even shocked if they swear, in a testing out the reaction sort of way.  I am shocked if they don't know that they shouldn't though, that no one has taken the time yo talk to them and explain it to them.

While we are all united in our love for this same great club, if it is necessary to differentiate by sub sections, may I just put in a word for a new ultra group I have started.

"BCFC incontinentals" is a radical and inclusive group of passionate bed wetters and trouser stainers.

Every game, home and away, we add to the atmosphere....with ammonia mostly. We generate noise (flatulence) and colour (don't ask). We love the team and we love fellow reds (except those blocking quick access to trap one).

If you too love this club, have done yourself at least twice in the time it has taken to read this thread, then come and join the incontinentals.

Little Lee's Yellow and Brown army.

55 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

This thread mind. If a few misguided souls hadn't seen fit to end one of their chants with the C-bomb none of this would be an issue would it? 

S82,Forza, Parkenders, Subbers, Eastenders, Brookside, whatever a certain group of people choose to call themselves, no matter how twee  or sad it seems to others, isn't really a problem is it? Wave flags if you want, throw streamers, wave your bloody pants inthe air for all I care, it affects me none. I don't agree that it makes AG a better - or worse - place to watch football. I don't think the sound travels very well and I'm too busy watching the actual football to notice if flags (or pants) are being waved (or stolen) for it to remotely bother me, frankly. So, S82 can do their "thing" and I don't give a toss     . On a forum where outrage is routinely deployed at the lack of plates for one's chips or whatever the cause du jour may be, a few ill advised appendages to an entirely forgettable chant seem to have turned the forum into a virtual Yugoslavia. I'm an East-End Dolmanite or am I a Williams Park-Ender? Either way, the sniping, snobbery and stupidity serves no real purpose, does it  

Now, does anyone want to buy some "pre-loved" flags I've got my hands on . . . 

My guess?

Someone here has had a second bottle of red and has decided to keep the faith!

22 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

While we are all united in our love for this same great club, if it is necessary to differentiate by sub sections, may I just put in a word for a new ultra group I have started.

"BCFC incontinentals" is a radical and inclusive group of passionate bed wetters and trouser stainers.

Every game, home and away, we add to the atmosphere....with ammonia mostly. We generate noise (flatulence) and colour (don't ask). We love the team and we love fellow reds (except those blocking quick access to trap one).

If you too love this club, have done yourself at least twice in the time it has taken to read this thread, then come and join the incontinentals.

Little Lee's Yellow and Brown army.

But Cyril, ammonia: isn't that gas?

1 hour ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Easy way forward would be to stop singing about themselves and drop the anti modern football ultra ideals. Steve Lansdown is trying to push the club forwards and modernise it. Support the club and team not yourselves.

It is way off the mark that fans have banners about modern football, safe standing, very high ticket prices at some football grounds and think it is all aimed at Steve Lansdown and Bristol sport as they themselves would be ticked off at some of the rules and regs that the club have to put up with.

14 hours ago, RedM said:

This thread is going round in circles. Basically kids copy things that adults do, that's how they learn. Let's set them good examples and make sure the copy all the positive good, fun stuff. 

They do hear swearing, I'm not even shocked if they swear, in a testing out the reaction sort of way.  I am shocked if they don't know that they shouldn't though, that no one has taken the time yo talk to them and explain it to them.

On the issue of swearing,  I'm relaxed about my girls hearing it. They've certainly heard a bit from me over the years :blush2: although I do try to curb it in their presence. When I took them to the Gate, I told them they would hear some swearing but not to copy it as you can express yourself better without using profanities. 

I'd be more concerned about my girls witnessing adult men staggering about, stinking of booze and making idiots of themselves. 

For this reason, I'd not take them to any of the more boisterous areas of the ground - including Dolman block A. Nor would I take them to the Robins  (for instance) after a game, or to any City centre pub on Friday or Saturday nights.

They've grown up in what you could call the cosseted environment of a small Somerset village and they find grown-ups being extremely drunk a disturbing and unedifying sight.

19 hours ago, RedM said:

My view. I do think the parent knows his or her child/children better than anyone else, and yes any parent would want to do what's best for them. Some children might be more sensitive than others and need to be in the family area. I guess there is a reason why the club have extended the Family area next season, there must be a demand for it.

I would say though that being a parent involves a lot of sacrifice for your children at times, they should be put above all else. I guess there are parents who are in the family area that would like to be standing and singing with their mates and be with their kids,but sometimes you can't have it all and their has to be a compromise. 

The saddest thing I saw was a group of city fans away at Coventry, they stood together shouting and swearing and were pretty drunk. They had their children with them that ranged from about 5 to 10 ish, about 7 kids. The blokes were in one row together and their kids the row infront. The kids mimicked everything their parent did, obscene gestures, every swear word possible. And the adults didn't bat an eyelid as it seemed normal behaviour for them. How sad is that.

I'm not suggesting this happens anywhere in our ground, and I hope it never does. But these people were city fans.

Growing up watching city I used to be with the 'singers' in the Williams and then eventually moved into the Eastend. Only being 12-13 when we first went in there, I'm in the Atyeo now and I personally don't see any problem bringing kids into the stand.

My old man once said to me when I first went "you'll hear swear words and you'll most likely say swear words which is fine, but it stays at football. At home you don't say these words or you won't come to football with us again." Think it depends on the parents and how well they lay discipline if the swearing and aggression came home rather than staying at football.

I wouldn't even think of swearing or anything else aggressive at home but at football it all comes out and I don't see any problem with that.

nothing wrong with section 82, just a few nobs there thats all, we get that in all parts of the ground,

I'd rather they were in the south stand though as its better acoustics when it gets going, other then that there is plenty of room to cater for all types of fans,

I don't agree with then chanting at other sections of our fan base or some of those superfan attitudes but again its each to their own,

Spoons needs to give it a rest too, 

22 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

nothing wrong with section 82, just a few nobs there thats all, we get that in all parts of the ground,

I'd rather they were in the south stand though as its better acoustics when it gets going, other then that there is plenty of room to cater for all types of fans,

I don't agree with then chanting at other sections of our fan base or some of those superfan attitudes but again its each to their own,

Better acoustics if you're sat in it, perhaps Monk.

This is certainly not meant as a dig, but I rarely hear the SS from central Dolman.

As a rule of thumb, the lower the roof, the noisier somewhere seems.

Which is why it was a mistake to move most of our guys out of the Atyeo. 

11 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Better acoustics if you're sat in it, perhaps Monk.

This is certainly not meant as a dig, but I rarely hear the SS from central Dolman.

As a rule of thumb, the lower the roof, the noisier somewhere seems.

Which is why it was a mistake to move most of our guys out of the Atyeo. 

but we were told for years that the atyeo (which doesn't have a low roof ether), has poor acoustics :), the fact of the matter is our fans just aren't that loud :(, 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

but we were told for years that the atyeo (which doesn't have a low roof ether), has poor acoustics :), the fact of the matter is our fans just aren't that loud :(, 

Lower than the new stands though, surely?

49 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

spoons can say what he wants especially went it is about the so called section 82. 

23 minutes ago, Spoons said:

spoons can say what he wants especially went it is about the so called section 82. 

But they can't say anything about you or anyone  else? mmm do you know these people?

I am reading this as one big wind up about a section of support taking the stick over something they have not done.

3 minutes ago, cider head said:

But they can't say anything about you or anyone  else? mmm do you know these people?

I am reading this as one big wind up about a section of support taking the stick over something they have not done.

Section 82 are like a embarrassing dad dancing at a wedding reception, literally  cringe

Archived