IGNORED

Section 82. Yes or No?

ZiderEyed

Section 82, Yes or No?  

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Spoons said:

It's probably not the best de scion you would have made, but not crap, also note I said section 82 not ateyo big difference

You have the right to bring your children up the way you see fit, and agree/disagree with others behaviours in the same way that I have the right to do the same. Doesn't mean we have to like each other's viewpoint but we do have to respect that different people do different things and that's ok. :) 

2 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Were it POTD with more seats available, such as might have been available in South Stand, I would agree.  Having made the Ateyo a closed shop of 1,000 season ticket holders, the price those thousand pay is irrelevant in terms of new fans coming to the ground.

The fans in the Atyeo are not bellends, chavs, neanderthals, uber fans and they are not irrelevant. Unless you feel fans should be judged on a scale defined by how much they pay.

The the club never wanted to give the whole of the Atyeo to the away teams.

It wasn't the 1,000 so called stroppy fans that insisted on it ,

Also it is the club that set the prices for each Stand , not section 82 or whatever , so not sure how they are depriving the club of money.

These fans have sat down face to face with top brass at BCFC and Bristol sport and had an adult conversation and debate on the way forward.

Please cut out the constant jibes, some are just doing petty point scoring now without facts. Let's just get behind the team..

the club limited the ateyo to 1000, down from 1400, section 82 would like to open up to more fans, however  bcfc have limited it  therefore not a closed shop on the fans part , also a common miscoception the fans have never asked for cheaper tickets , some people on here cling onto something that is so factually incorrect !!

19 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

You have the right to bring your children up the way you see fit, and agree/disagree with others behaviours in the same way that I have the right to do the same. Doesn't mean we have to like each other's viewpoint but we do have to respect that different people do different things and that's ok. :) 

I agree with that

18 minutes ago, WTMS said:

The fans in the Atyeo are not bellends, chavs, neanderthals, uber fans and they are not irrelevant. Unless you feel fans should be judged on a scale defined by how much they pay.

Please direct me to the post where I called Ateyo ST holders any of those names, questioned their relevance, or judged any fan based on the ticket price he or she pays.  

10 minutes ago, cider head said:

The the club never wanted to give the whole of the Atyeo to the away teams.

It wasn't the 1,000 so called stroppy fans that insisted on it ,

Also it is the club that set the prices for each Stand , not section 82 or whatever , so not sure how they are depriving the club of money.

These fans have sat down face to face with top brass at BCFC and Bristol sport and had an adult conversation and debate on the way forward.

Please cut out the constant jibes, some are just doing petty point scoring now without facts. Let's just get behind the team..

any reason the club didnt want the away fans having the whole of the ateyo ? if they are financially aware as they should be,possibly turning down hundreds, if not in some cases thousands of paying fans , as they are not bothered about the atmosphere in the ground .

7 minutes ago, cynic said:

I think the reduction in numbers is due to the away support having to be offered 2,700 tickets plus segregation next season.

This season the average away support has been just over 1,000 (1471 being the most away supporters - Brum) so there will either be plenty of empty seats or plenty of POTD home tickets most games. Pointless giving the whole stand to away supporters - very few teams will sell their allocation.

I think the club have to allow POTD for away fans up to the 2,700 limit, unless the game is all ticket for  away fans, in which case they would give the club its full allocation.

I'm not sure they can take a view on how many away fans might turn up and allocate tickets to home fans accordingly.

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Did anyone take you to home or away games in the early 90's?

Yes had a season ticket since 89, went many away games with my dad, pretended I wasn't scared at the old den! Probably why I'm a bit more protective over my kids at football today. My old man and his mates just to all go to away games in the back of a old ambulance and all kids had to sit on the piles of natch.

14 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Please direct me to the post where I called Ateyo ST holders any of those names, questioned their relevance, or judged any fan based on the ticket price he or she pays.  

The price fans pay in the Atyeo is being used as a means to insult them in threads.

Those prices from the Eastend to the Atyeo have attracted new fans in and helped x atmosphere to retain old ones. That is not an irrelevance to some in that stand.

100 or 1000, closed shop or not these fans are a relevant aspect of the club. We collectively all are.

44 minutes ago, cider head said:

Feeling disappointed

Why have we got fans are the forum slating Section 82 for staying in The Ateyo and depriving the club of money etc

Can I just point out the clubs idea was to displace ALL season ticket holders in blocks A and B of the Dolman , and house the Ateyo Season ticket holders there .

Naturally we said no as this was totally unjust to those people who have sat in there for years

Please understand the facts before you slate their decision to want to stay put in the Ateyo.

Nobody has sat in those sections of the dolman for years though..... Just like everyone else they were moved out of these areas last year for the redevelopment and is just an easy excuse for the people in "section 82" to stay where they are as it makes them feel exclusive being separated from the rest of the stadium

11 minutes ago, kivsy said:

surely, a few teams if given 4k would sell a lot, newcastle, sunderland, villa, brum, wolves, cardiff, wednesday, leeds, norwich,, are a few teams off the top of my head would surely bring a few ? 

I guess the club could but i don't believe Avon and somerset police would want 4k running around Bedminster / Ashton and pretty much why QPR don't want too many city fans down in London next week.

Most of the decent looking games have been pushed to a Tuesday night and Cardiff away on Monday night sky tv.

I feel they would put up with it for one off FA cup games but i very much doubt they would every other week on a Sat.

5 minutes ago, WTMS said:

The price fans pay in the Atyeo is being used as a means to insult them in threads.

Those prices from the Eastend to the Atyeo have attracted new fans in and helped x atmosphere to retain old ones. That is not an irrelevance to some in that stand.

100 or 1000, closed shop or not these fans are a relevant aspect of the club. We collectively all are.

Seeing how you have once again managed to respond to some comment other than the one I made, this was my earlier post:

" Were it POTD with more seats available, such as might have been available in South Stand, I would agree.  Having made the Ateyo a closed shop of 1,000 season ticket holders, the price those thousand pay is irrelevant in terms of new fans coming to the ground. "

I.e., it does not matter whether the 1,000 in the Ateyo pay more, less, or same as everyone else, or pay in buttons, pound coins, shekels or rocks.  What they pay has no bearing on whether new fans come to ground, because new fans don't have access to one of those 1,000 season tickets and there is not, as far as I know, any other POTD access to the the Ateyo.

55 minutes ago, cider head said:

Feeling disappointed

Why have we got fans are the forum slating Section 82 for staying in The Ateyo and depriving the club of money etc

Can I just point out the clubs idea was to displace ALL season ticket holders in blocks A and B of the Dolman , and house the Ateyo Season ticket holders there .

Naturally we said no as this was totally unjust to those people who have sat in there for years

Please understand the facts before you slate their decision to want to stay put in the Ateyo.

One of the problems CH is that it appears there are meetings taking place between Atyeo stand supporters and the club the outcome of which is kept from the public domain, and decisions made that are not inclusive of all supporters that may be affected.

If the club seriously offered Dolman blocks A and B for standing supporters how did they think fans in block C would react with fans in adjacent blocks standing.

Was the Dolman deemed safe to stand in? If that's the case then why can't fans stand in the SS and WS?

Without access to any minutes from these meetings we are left in the dark about exactly what was offered and what was said by both sides.

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Yes had a season ticket since 89, went many away games with my dad, pretended I wasn't scared at the old den! Probably why I'm a bit more protective over my kids at football today. My old man and his mates just to all go to away games in the back of a old ambulance and all kids had to sit on the piles of natch.

You'll know what I mean then when I hinted earlier that football in general had more of an 'edge' to it 25 years ago.

I understand that you would be hesitant to take your 5 year old girl into any area of the ground that has more than its fair share of boisterous fans (and colourful language) but I think if my dad and your dad hadn't have been confident that as kids we could cope in that type of atmosphere we probably wouldnt have ever been taken to a City match.

As long as you teach your kids that they shouldn't use the bad language they hear at games and that it's wrong to chuck seats on the pitch when Charlton score a late equaliser I think you're being a responsible parent.

seems odd, the club build a 27 k stadium,  possibly turn down revenue from away fans , whilst  still quite a few empty seats in the ground ?  with this logic we will only ever have crowds of 15 k , with around the same  number of season ticket holders every year, and not many potd due to the excessive pricing 

4 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Seeing how you have once again managed to respond to some comment other than the one I made, this was my earlier post:

" Were it POTD with more seats available, such as might have been available in South Stand, I would agree.  Having made the Ateyo a closed shop of 1,000 season ticket holders, the price those thousand pay is irrelevant in terms of new fans coming to the ground. "

I.e., it does not matter whether the 1,000 in the Ateyo pay more, less, or same as everyone else, or pay in buttons, pound coins, shekels or rocks.  What they pay has no bearing on whether new fans come to ground, because new fans don't have access to one of those 1,000 season tickets and there is not, as far as I know, any other POTD access to the the Ateyo.

Some of these fans are children, teens etc. To somebody who was present in the seventies they are new fans, and I understand why the price x positive aspects of those surrounding them helps to retain their support.

The mundane Dolman stand is a hard sell to children. I hope to see the above positive aspects growing into other parts of the ground..

4 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Who had first priority for season tickets in the South Stand the season it opened?

Those of us who had been in the williams were told if we wanted to have an area with a "relaxed" attitude to standing/more colourful language, then we would have to move to the Atyeo because the rake of the South a Stand was too steep for us to stand in. 

19 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

One of the problems CH is that it appears there are meetings taking place between Atyeo stand supporters and the club the outcome of which is kept from the public domain, and decisions made that are not inclusive of all supporters that may be affected.

If the club seriously offered Dolman blocks A and B for standing supporters how did they think fans in block C would react with fans in adjacent blocks standing.

Was the Dolman deemed safe to stand in? If that's the case then why can't fans stand in the SS and WS?

Without access to any minutes from these meetings we are left in the dark about exactly what was offered and what was said by both sides.

Appears to me @Countryfile that you're part of the problem here. I find the first syllable (phonetically, anyway) of your username offensive. You count. 

8 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Some of these fans are children, teens etc. To somebody who was present in the seventies they are new fans, and I understand why the price x positive aspects of those surrounding them helps to retain their support.

The mundane Dolman stand is a hard sell to children. I hope to see the above positive aspects growing into other parts of the ground..

I now have no idea if you are responding to me, some other poster or maybe just the voices in your head.

Archived