IGNORED

Play Offs (Merged)

Bs4Red

Well done Wimbledon, the real DONS!  Watched the game and I think they deserved it,6 promotions in 14 years and a new stadium in Plough Lane coming.  defended better and took their chances. Great to see the Beast again, I can remember when he scored a pen for Torquay against City at AG, years ago, can anyone remember when, I think we were 1 - 0 up and it ended 1 - 1

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Anyone remember a couple of years ago he played at AG - can`t remember who for - and the EE were chanting `you fat bastard` at him. He pointed to Simon Gillet and said `Who? Him?`.

Gillingham I think (just guessing as around 50% of our games in the last couple of years have been against Gillingham)

Pretty awful game but you could clearly see the occasion got to many and that energy sapping pitch did its magic again. Was hoping for Plymouth but they really did not deserve it; they had almost nothing up front. Very poor by them. Good luck to the Wombles.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Anyone remember a couple of years ago he played at AG - can`t remember who for - and the EE were chanting `you fat bastard` at him. He pointed to Simon Gillet and said `Who? Him?`.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Gillingham I think (just guessing as around 50% of our games in the last couple of years have been against Gillingham)

Yeah, it was Gillingham in 2013/14. Was the game where Divvy did the team talk. 

Took my mate to his first football match with my free ticket from the season ticket, he's never been interested in football, but that game almost got him into it a bit. Might try and get him to an away game next season?

Very pleased for the real Dons. Genuine community club and one that has built itself up carefully and painstakingly.  A club that south-west London needs.

Plymouth supporters will have yet more seasons where they have to mute all their "pride of the West" nonsense too.

Frankly, we should be using a play-off type system for EU membership and relegations.

It is so ******g obvious, why has no-one thought of this before?

The best four countries get to play off, with the option of leaving.

The worst, most shyte four countries play off for relegation.

This year it would be Britain, Germany, errrrrr, um, Belgium and Holland play off to leave.

France, Spain, Portugal and Italy play off for relegation to the ISIS league.

Greece had a significant points deduction, and were relegated in November.

I am a freakin genius.

:worship2:

Uncle TFR

I was there and must say that Plymouth just shaded the first half but the Wombles were the better side second half.  More importantly, they continued to attack after scoring - they did not sit back and defend which was most refreshing.  I wish them well but accept that they have huge problems - especially their ground which makes Gillingham look like Wembley.  Their future really does rest on getting a decent stadium to accommodate improved crowds with the attendant increased gate receipts, and anything we "neutral" supporters can do to promote their cause (letters to the various authorities etc) should be done to make the planners see sense.  The atmosphere yesterday was akin to that we experienced at Fulham a few weeks ago and I, for one, wish them well.  I was there with a friend who is a fanatical Dons supporter and has put some of his own hard-earned cash into the club like so may other true Wimbledon fans.  Good luck to them!

Archived