IGNORED

Play Offs (Merged)

Bs4Red

8 minutes ago, Olé said:

Going slightly off topic, it must be something about wearing "gold". Hull and Wolves fans always to me more than any other non-rivals of ours, seem to simultaneously look utterly brain-dead and yet behave with an arrogance and never be a moment away from wanting to rub others noses in it. I despise both clubs.

Very rarely take sides for matches we're not involved in, but relative to Hull, Derby has always been a decent enough bunch for an away game, and really put a shift in today that deserved to nick something from that usual half-arsed just-about-enough Steve Bruce display. That midfielder at Derby looks like a class act. 

Never been to Hull away so can't speak for a standard league encounter but we inadvertently ended up at a Hull party (took a wrong turning in Wembley) after we lost to them at the playoffs and they were nothing but gracious and very welcoming and we ended up staying for a good while and  then traveling into London with a good few of them later on in the tube (mostly singing anti Leeds songs who were playing the next day iirc!) Complete opposite to the Brighton fans after Cardiff who were just A holes! Speak as you find and all that! 

15 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Utter *****s.

Must be the desolation of living in Hull.

Didn't realise until someone pointed it out to me today, I worked with the lad who goaded Keogh when he was in prison. His record makes for unpleasant reading, but I truly thought he had turned his life around. Very sad to see him acting a complete fool.

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Would like Wimbledon to get promoted so they can take 6 points of MK . Wimbledon fans deserve it

Interesting comment on BBC that neither side has been above this level. Technically true, as this is a 'son of' but I am sure there are fans who would argue the point.

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

7 minutes left floodlights gone out one side of ground . Mmm

This is going to be really interesting, they couldn't force a complete replay surely? 

Blimey, five or so to go and the floodlights have gone out!

Sky TV are reporting that the referee is going to take the players off to allow the floodlights to cool down. 

Apparently some smoke is coming from the set that has turned itself off - maybe they're not used to being on this long?

Can you imagine if they are buggered?

Well back on. In a normal game isn't it something like post 75 minutes the result can stand if abandoned. Is there any rules for a knock out game with extra time?!

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Well worth it just to see Akinfenwa take Wimbledon to Wembley

Tbf he comes across as a top guy in that interview.

10 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

In the FA Cup, a game abandoned after 90 minutes at no fault of either club would be replayed! 

Cant find a rule for the play offs as such, but only had a quick look.

Just read the same for a football league match. I suppose it would come down to if they decide their was 'fault' on the floodlights going.

edit, just found

33.2    Duration of Matches. All League Matches shall be of 90 (ninety) minutes’ duration but any League Match which from any cause whatever falls short of 90 (ninety) minutes’ duration may be ordered to count as a completed fixture or be replayed in full or in part on whatever terms and conditions the Board shall in their absolute discretion determine...

So, no clearer then!

Archived