IGNORED

Man U v Bournemouth

Super

9 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Probably but there should be questions asked if they don`t put out the same team as was on today`s teamsheet.

I don't agree. Two days closer to the cup final means the circumstances are different, plus a player could pick up an injury between now and Tuesday, and it's not the football team's fault the game was postponed. Just pick whatever team you want, just like any postponement.

It's bad enough the fake bomb wasn't counted back in again, but what about the security sweep that is said to happen every match just hours before, or cleaners, or maintainence? If a member of public spotted it so easily (when after all he was just using the toilets, probably not going in there with security in mind) why didn't anyone else who should be looking for these things spot it?

18 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I don't agree. Two days closer to the cup final means the circumstances are different, plus a player could pick up an injury between now and Tuesday, and it's not the football team's fault the game was postponed. Just pick whatever team you want, just like any postponement.

Agreed. Also if you are made to stick to the same team sheet and player a gets injured today, on that basis he has to start the game on Tuesday? 

Also don't go with all this "planting it to try and gain an advantage" malarkey. How does having to overturn an 18 goal deficit in one game give an advantage of any sorts?

Think some people (in general, not just on this board) are a bit man utd blind.

More than one person is going to be held accountable - as pointed out it should have been picked up by cleaners, security, someone would have gone in that toilet at some point. One reported figure is that it will cost utd £3m, a bit much to try and gain some sort of advantage.

41 minutes ago, Taz said:

Agreed. Also if you are made to stick to the same team sheet and player a gets injured today, on that basis he has to start the game on Tuesday? 

Also don't go with all this "planting it to try and gain an advantage" malarkey. How does having to overturn an 18 goal deficit in one game give an advantage of any sorts?

Think some people (in general, not just on this board) are a bit man utd blind.

More than one person is going to be held accountable - as pointed out it should have been picked up by cleaners, security, someone would have gone in that toilet at some point. One reported figure is that it will cost utd £3m, a bit much to try and gain some sort of advantage.

The notion that it was planted deliberately to gain an advantage is just ridiculous and only proves how much people love a conspiracy theory.

United needed to win whether the game was played on Sunday or Tuesday so it's a complete nonsense.

8 hours ago, Chivs said:

What a coincidence!  In the context of Hillsborough very recently concentrating focus on corrupt police forces...

Something (doesn't) happens that shows how commendable our police forces are at dealing with 'suspicious devices'.

To be fair I don't doubt our security forces are amongst the best if not the best in the world.  GM Police do deserve credit for getting everyone out in a very clam and controlled situation. That experience is invaluable god forbid anything more serious occur in the future.

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

To be fair I don't doubt our security forces are amongst the best if not the best in the world.  GM Police do deserve credit for getting everyone out in a very clam and controlled situation. That experience is invaluable god forbid anything more serious occur in the future.

I think this is the story that people should be focusing on, that experience on that kind of scale, could not be replicated in any kind of training scenario. The threat was very real, and if I would have been one of the thousands that had had to be evacuated, bomb or no bomb, I would be eternally greatful to all staff involved yesterday for getting me out safely.

In a world where there is unfortunately a possibility that this could be a very real situation in the future, the staff, police and all services did the only thing they could do - And they did a bloody good job as well. 

ChippenhamRed is right when he says people love a conspiracy theory, unfortunately that will probably overshadow everything else.

I heard on the radio today that everyone will be reimbursed in full for their Sunday match ticket and admission will be free on Tuesday.

That gesture will not cover the travelling expenses of the Bournemouth (and some Man U) fans, but will still cost Man U three million quid.

Archived