IGNORED

C'mon Bris

Lordofthebling

7 minutes ago, City Ben said:

You get the sense that having been so dominant this year, if we do go up we could really do something in the Prem next year. Certainly Ashton Gate will be the best stadium in the league.

Wasps isn't bad..

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The artists formerly known as London Wasps now based in Coventry?????

Yes, but the attendances probably prove it was a good move even if we all dislike a franchise

What a shame the people of Coventry couldn't just support their own team. 

I personally find it a bit sick. It's like a prem team moving to Bristol and the city turning it's back on its own clubs.

It's worse than MK in some respects as Coventry were a decent national outfit until recently.

Just to link it to us, assuming they go up, AG will have to have big screens, which I understand get paid for us.

Was a bit of luck they did not go in under the current redevelopment. Can anyone imagine where they might go?

59 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Just to link it to us, assuming they go up, AG will have to have big screens, which I understand get paid for us.

Was a bit of luck they did not go in under the current redevelopment. Can anyone imagine where they might go?

Or was that the plan/hope?

PS - providing we win the 2nd leg, when's the Wembley final?

14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Anyone else think they should abandon two-legged finals in favour of a single match held at Twickenham?  Might help make it a bit more of an event.  Plus it would mirror the format used in the Prem.

No. If they're going to change the format the champions should go up automatically!!!

15 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Anyone else think they should abandon two-legged finals in favour of a single match held at Twickenham?  Might help make it a bit more of an event.  Plus it would mirror the format used in the Prem.

Given Doncaster couldn't even sell out their own ground for the semi final I doubt the attendances would be great. 

10 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

No. If they're going to change the format the champions should go up automatically!!!

Correct

8 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Given Doncaster couldn't even sell out their own ground for the semi final I doubt the attendances would be great. 

I don't agree with that.  Playing in London would boost the attendance for both teams.  See our recent visit to Wembley - there's no way all 45,000 came from Bristol.

Also, they play the bloody school's championship at Twickenham and that certainly doesn't sell out.

13 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Correct

I don't agree with that.  Playing in London would boost the attendance for both teams.  See our recent visit to Wembley - there's no way all 45,000 came from Bristol.

Also, they play the bloody school's championship at Twickenham and that certainly doesn't sell out.

Well it certainly wasn't close to selling out when Bristol last played there.

28 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Correct

there just isn't enough interest in championship rugby to warrant it being played at Twickenham, there maybe 20k from bristol travel but you'd only get about 5k max from all the other championship sides, it would be like a Accrington Stanley vs Barnet play-off final or any home bristol rovers game

56 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Anyone else think they should abandon two-legged finals in favour of a single match held at Twickenham? 

The two legged final should have been abandoned years ago but unfortunately it's all about money. Bristol should be in the Premiership already having won on the Chmpionhip but then losing out in the unesseccary two-legged final more than once.

What the RFU could/should do is involve the bottom Premier team instead of the Championship winners in the playoffs. That way they still get the extra revenue and of course the TV income.

But according to my Bristol Rugby seson card holder the Premiership is a very closed shop run by a bunch of duffers..

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I reckon they'll be a weekend or two next season when both clubs are at home where there's in excess of 40,000 fans coming through the turnstiles at Ashton Gate...

Bristol edging closer to actually being on the sporting map perhaps...

Bristol's gunna be bigger than Leicester mate. Judd Trump will come good in 2019 and Bristol will have the Premier League, Snooker AND Rugby Premiership crowns.

Id like one up automatically and bottom club relegated, then 2nd plays second bottom for a chance to go up/stay up too. But I don't think they want the churn of possibly losing or gaining two different clubs.

Also for example clubs like Bedford,who were in the playoffs, might not ever be fit to be promoted due to their ground, I doubt they sure the only ones. It would just get silly if two unsuitable clubs made the top two in the Chsmpionship.

36 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I reckon they'll be a weekend or two next season when both clubs are at home where there's in excess of 40,000 fans coming through the turnstiles at Ashton Gate...

Bristol edging closer to actually being on the sporting map perhaps...

I can smell the parking meltdown on the southville facebook group already.

Archived