IGNORED

England vs Turkey

BRISTOL86

Who's watching then? I should of course know better after all these years but I still feel a misplaced sense of pride to sit down and watch England play. 

Vardy and Kane starting together. 

Starting XI: Hart, Walker, Rose, Stones, Cahill, Dier, Wsilshere, Sterling, Alli, Kane, Vardy

23 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Who's watching then? I should of course know better after all these years but I still feel a misplaced sense of pride to sit down and watch England play. 

Starting XI: Hart, Walker, Rose, Stones, Cahill, Dier, Wsilshere, Sterling, Alli, Kane, Vardy

I'll be watching. It seems trendy at the moment to claim not to watch England, don't get it personally.

We're all football fans and other than our club loyalty, England is the only team I care about winning.

Be interesting to see how Sterling gets on in what will presumably be a role behind the strikers. I'd rather see Ali in there, though when the touranment starts, no doubt it will be Rooney.

25 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Decent team that. Let's see how long Wilshire lasts !

6 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I'll be watching. It seems trendy at the moment to claim not to watch England, don't get it personally.

We're all football fans and other than our club loyalty, England is the only team I care about winning.

Be interesting to see how Sterling gets on in what will presumably be a role behind the strikers. I'd rather see Ali in there, though when the touranment starts, no doubt it will be Rooney.

I'm really yet to be convinced by Sterling in any way. Other than pace I just don't see what he brings to the party - club or country.

Not that pace isn't a valuable weapon these days but he has to offer more. Think he'd have been far better off staying at Liverpool where there wasn't so much expectation on him. 

Just read that England's friendlies will be refereed under the revised rules, including this:

Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity in the penalty area is no longer a straight red card - unless the offence is holding, pulling or pushing; there's no attempt to play or no possibility of making a challenge; or it's an offence which is punishable by a red card, no matter where on the pitch it happens - violent conduct, for example.

25 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Got that wrong then! Roy just confirmed 4-3-3 with Sterling and Vardy as the wide forwards, adaptable for sure but seems a bit of a waste of Vardy to me.

Find out soon enough.

24 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Just read that England's friendlies will be refereed under the revised rules, including this:

Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity in the penalty area is no longer a straight red card - unless the offence is holding, pulling or pushing; there's no attempt to play or no possibility of making a challenge; or it's an offence which is punishable by a red card, no matter where on the pitch it happens - violent conduct, for example.

Has the offside rule been changed.

5 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Defensively we're going to really struggle this tournament. It's a shame that at a time when the England team are showing signs of new talent and promise in other areas, defensively we have very little options.

Yep. I think we will be involved in some high scoring games, plenty going in at both ends.

18 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Hart does seem to go full mental on occasion when in an England shirt for some reason!

Is that an England shirt then? Looks like he picked up an end of liner at a local car boot. Mind u its marginally better that the garbage the outfield players are wearing. That kit is horrendous. Worst EVER England kit. 

Somebody please tell me the Turks have brought it as some sort of sick joke kit present for the game? ...

Archived