IGNORED

England vs Turkey

BRISTOL86

6 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Maybe.  Certainly he did yesterday.  Especially with Butland injured, he has to be one of the three goalkeepers in the squad but certainly Butland and Forster are closer to dislodging him than any competition he's faced to date.  I think as well, good though I think Hart is, you have to think back to four years ago when he arguably rivailed Neuer for the best young goalkeeper in the world and say he has stalled somewhat in recent years. 

I think hart has made a mistake that either cost a goal, or should have but for poor play afterwards, in each of the last 3 or 4 England games I've watched. 

Definitely think Butland or Forster should get a game or 2, obviously Butland is injured, but Forster is always solid and I think Hart is too cosy in goal at the moment, drop him and let Forster have a game or 2. If Forster does well tell Hart he needs to earn his place back.

18 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly Bard!...In regards to Dier, high energy and disrupting the opposition. 

When all said and done for me its about Rooney and where/if he plays the first match. My thought is he will start the championship between midfield and attack behind a front two. Rooney can direct a game and find a pass better than anyone we have and we may need that to unlock defences.

I'd have Rooney in midfield but have him deeper. He was unplayable on Saturday in the Cup Final, constantly found space without ever looking like he was trying. Very scholes-esque.

I'd play him in the starting shape last night instead of Wilshere, or if we go with the diamond then it would be Dier sat behind Rooney + 1 with Alli in front and Vardy & Kane up top together.

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I'd have Rooney in midfield but have him deeper. He was unplayable on Saturday in the Cup Final, constantly found space without ever looking like he was trying. Very scholes-esque.

I'd play him in the starting shape last night instead of Wilshere, or if we go with the diamond then it would be Dier sat behind Rooney + 1 with Alli in front and Vardy & Kane up top together.

If he plays, I agree.  Still not convinced on him but I do think, if he plays, he's more useful in the positions you identify and it still gives Alli and Kane a chance to flourish. Rooney surprised and impressed me in the cup final in a way I've not seen him do playing up front for a long time.  Ultimately, unless Henderson or Wilshere quickly show their fitness, we do need someone alongside Dier who is a bit more box-to-box.  Drinkwater is an option, and not a bad one, but Rooney might be the better choice. 

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Yes we are thinking along the same lines, however central defence is our Achilles Heel and I would be comfortable with Dier and Smalling 

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

If he plays, I agree.  Still not convinced on him but I do think, if he plays, he's more useful in the positions you identify and it still gives Alli and Kane a chance to flourish. Rooney surprised and impressed me in the cup final in a way I've not seen him do playing up front for a long time.  Ultimately, unless Henderson or Wilshere quickly show their fitness, we do need someone alongside Dier who is a bit more box-to-box.  Drinkwater is an option, and not a bad one, but Rooney might be the better choice. 

and i'm unconvinced as well, in the first half and probably the first hour Rooney was in the main woeful, he completed the odd good pass but confounded it with awful passes in dangerous positions that against better opposition might have proved costly, for the last half hour of normal time and all of extra time, he suddenly woke up and played really well, he hardly wasted a ball, only black marks really were a couple rushes of blood with challenges, but overall very inconsistent.

2 hours ago, City169 said:

I think hart has made a mistake that either cost a goal, or should have but for poor play afterwards, in each of the last 3 or 4 England games I've watched. 

Definitely think Butland or Forster should get a game or 2, obviously Butland is injured, but Forster is always solid and I think Hart is too cosy in goal at the moment, drop him and let Forster have a game or 2. If Forster does well tell Hart he needs to earn his place back.

Joe Hart is the only one who I have faith in. We have no defenders that can actually defend. The first quality team we come up against we will get taken apart.

Archived