IGNORED

Scott Wagstaff departs from Ashton Gate (Merged)

cityred exile

37 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Was a good signing, Championship a step a little too far for him. Great guy and as everyone says, we all believe he will be a wonderful signing for any new club. Sheffield United get in there fast.

Really? Every one of his championship performances was a solid display and he is only 26. 

All the best Scott. Always gave it his all.

Think he'd be a very good signing for any side who realistically think they'll be in the lower half of the championship next season.

Obviously not a world beater but he is reliability personified. If he does find himself dropping down a league, he can do better than that shambles! And with his obvious love for the club he leaves, you'd hope he wouldn't fancy it anyway!

I had a good chat with Waggy after the final home game & he loved it here. His praise for our fans couldn't have been higher, said we were the best & never turned on the players even in the tough times. Also reiterated about the lads & the bond between them, said even though he got promoted with Charlton he's never known a dressing room like ours.

He just wants to play football though, and in my opinion deserves too. Lovely man & I wish him all the best.

54 minutes ago, City169 said:

Really? Every one of his championship performances was a solid display and he is only 26. 

All the best Scott. Always gave it his all.

I agree. Surprised people suggest he's no championship player. In the brief cameos he got here after overcoming injury, regaining fitness and finally getting a crack at the whip (even though other players who were out of form still got picked) he performed well enough to suggest this could be his level.

He scored, assisted and offered protection. That's a lot more than some players *ahem* Freeman who is worth persevering with according to many on here*.

*disclaimer: myself included

6 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I agree. Surprised people suggest he's no championship player. In the brief cameo's he got here after overcoming injury, regaining fitness and finally getting a crack at the whip (even though other players who were out of form still got picked) he performed very well.

He scored, assisted and offered protection. That's a lot more than some players *ahem* Freeman who is worth persevering with according to many on here*.

*disclaimer: myself included

I'm not sure where I stand with Freeman, on one hand he clearly has ability, on the other I think he is the only player who didn't make the step up last season.

3 minutes ago, Josh93 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Burton Albion come in for him

First season in the 2nd tier, they need all the Championship experience they can get :)

Wagstaff would be a fantastic signing for them

58 minutes ago, Kezman said:

Will always remember you for this goal Scotty.......

Bristol City are in DREAMLAND!!!

God those were dark days, when 'dreamland' was being 3-1 up against Carlisle away.

God that commentator did my head in, dreamland for winning what was it 1 game in 22? Glad he's not doing our commentary anymore

2 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Where has the rumour come from he might be coming to the fewers?

There isn't one except the obvious convenience for him of staying in Bristol. 

If he's settled here (and he certainly looked settled when I saw him and his family shopping in that supermarket on the centre) then there's always the chance he'll have a moment of madness and take the easy option to stay in the area, without thinking through what an horrendous career damaging mistake such a regrettable decision would undoubtedly turn out to be.

I'm sure he'll be in demand to the extent it won't be an issue, and should there be any unwelcome interest from the League's most detested club he'll give it very short shrift indeed.

Tell the gas where to go if necessary Waggy, and good luck for the future.

Thankfully there are still plenty of good pro's out there to counteract all the complete bellends.Always seemed to get a good reception from the fans,wish him all the best.

Really sorry to see him go. A model professional who never got a look in towards the end of Cotts reign despite our short numbers of players.

I thought his display in the West Brom F A Cup replay was one of his finest performances. His movement in between the lines to create space stood out for me.

A bubbly character, he will be missed. Definitely can play at this level but it wouldn't surprise me to see him ending up back at Charlton.

Good luck Waggy!

Sorry to see him go, as virtually everyone else has said, he never let us down. Top bloke as well judging by those who`ve met him. Lots of players would have chucked their toys out at not starting every week but he didn`t, just got on with it and if he came on did what was expected of him and normally pretty well too. I`d have played him a lot more this season.

In these days of overpaid wasters players like Scott are a rarity - someone somewhere will get a cracking player for very little outlay.

Good luck Waggy wherever you end up (please don`t spoil it and go over the river).

Echo all the nice comments on here about Waggy, the bloke and pro.

In 13/14 he could've easily got Player of the Year.  Baldock's goals and JET's goals and assists hid the consistently good (not average) performances that Waggy put in that season.

The switch to wing-backs was the main reason for his lack of appearances - but when called upon he always performed.

Always willing to chat to fans, he would come over and chat to us, not us begging for a few words or a photo.

Gave Joe his home shirt at end of 14/15, but then nipped back into the changing room and gave Oskar his away one.

Someone is going to get a better player than they think.

image.jpeg

Top squad player, always gave 110% and never gave the manger any grief or nonsense about not starting matches. Whenever called upon never let us down. Every squad needs players like him, he can cover a few positions and seems to get on with all the boys and the fans. All the best waggy!

21 hours ago, Redandy said:

Wish him all the best and always gave 100%.But sensible decision. by LJ. I don't think he had the quality for this division. 

I think he was one of the few of our league one team that looked confident and strong enough-when he had a chance..trick missed by LJ..?..let's now see who comes in!..he would be an obvious,and great signing for Rovers..good luck Scott..

Archived