IGNORED

Scott Wagstaff departs from Ashton Gate (Merged)

cityred exile

Probably the right decision all round if Scott doesn't feature in Lee's plan. Its a short career in football, don't begrudge him wanting to go out and make the most of it. Top guy is Waggy, I wish him all the best wherever he ends up, always been a true pro during his stay here, whoever ends up with him have gained a decent little player and all round good egg.

It just goes to show that we are progressing as a club, that someone who has played 90 times over 3 seasons feels the need to move on to get regular 1st team football.

When he first came he was a regular for us but now our squad has moved on & improved so much & we are continually looking to keep that improvement going!!

I said it earlier this year, we should be looking to get players in that are better than our current best players, instead of just looking to get players in who are better than our weakest players, this way the standard of our squad will improve even quicker.

And that means that no one can take their place for granted & will hopefully mean that we have a squad of players that want to push each other on to an even better standard.

Thanks for the 3 years Scott, you'll give another club so great service.

Good signing, fantastic bloke and as 29AR said, a model professional.

If he ever returns with his new club then he is guaranteed a great welcome in BS3 and I wish him all the best, one of my favourite players of the last fve years.

understandable, he would only ever be a sub next season, he's 26 wants first team football, I wouldn't be surprised to see him rock up at Charlton again,

Good luck to him did a decent job for us and never sulked about not being in a team, good pro

Here is a recipe for carrot cake

• 175g light muscovado sugar
  • 175ml sunflower oil
    Sunflower oil

• 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 140g grated carrot
    Carrot

(about 3 medium)
  • 100g raisins
  • grated zest of 1 largeorange
    Orange

• 175g self-raising flour
  • 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
    Bicarbonate of soda

• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • ½ tsp grated nutmeg (freshly grated will give you the best flavour)

For the frosting

• 175g icing sugar
  • 1½-2 tbsp orange juice

Met him a few times, lovely bloke, bubbly personality and a great addition to any dressing room I would think. But a move was always on the cards. He wants regular football and he wasn't going to get it at Championship level I don't think. Always gave his all and for the amount of time he was actually on the pitch his goals to minutes ratio must be quite high.

Will follow his career with interest, wouldn't be at all surprised if he didn't head back to Charton. After the Fulham away game a couple of Charlton fans were waiting outside to see him, they still hold him in high regard. That says a lot about the person he is. Good luck Waggy

All the best Waggy.Sorry to see you leave us,but am sure it is for the right reasons.Good luck with wherever you end up,and will always look forward to seeing you if you return to the Gate.Avva good un fella!

Sorry to see Waggy leave us.Always comes across as a top banana.Great character to have around the place and sure he will be missed by all at AG.All the best for the future Scott.Always gave us 100%.

All the very best to Waggy. Far too good a pro not to be playing. He's been unlucky not to have had more of a look in, especially as Freeman has been so consistently shit. Would have been a decent squad player no more than that had he stayed.

Thanks for your efforts & commitment Waggy!

• Admin

Always liked him as a played - always Mr Dependable, never seemed to have a brilliant game or a bad game - was just a good pro for us all the time

Yeah he will be missed, but like others have said he needs to be playing more games at his stage of his career and at least LJ was honest in not making promises that he couldn't keep

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Really hope he doesn't join the Gas. 

That's a possibility especially if he lives somewhere around our great City. Wouldn't have to move and that could be an attractive option. Plus the Gas are loaded now with rich owners and a new stadium isn't that far away. They'll also be strengthening.........

Archived