IGNORED

'"Big" interview with Lee Johnson (Merged)

ciderbeans

2 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Or Widdecombe-on-the-moor as it used to be known when I was growing up, at least on tourist pottery knick-knacks.

Think it`s Widecombe IN the Moor. I never go there to be honest, you can`t move for tourists most of the time. if I want a nice walk down that way I stop at Postbridge and go from there.

On 27/05/2016 at 13:07, spudski said:

Indeed we are massively short...

No.   Position Player
1 England GK Frank Fielding
2 England DF Mark Little
3 Republic of Ireland DF Derrick Williams
4 England DF Aden Flint
5 England DF Luke Ayling
6 Egypt DF Adam El-Abd
7 England MF Korey Smith
10 England FW Kieran Agard
  England    

No.   Position Player
12 England GK Richard O'Donnell
13 England DF Scott Golbourne
14 England MF Bobby Reid
15 England MF Luke Freeman
18 England FW Aaron Wilbraham (captain)
20 Wales FW Wes Burns
21 England MF Marlon Pack
22 Ivory Coast FW Jonathan Kodjia
23 England MF Joe Bryan

No one would dispute the squad is short on numbers. However, I feel it is a stronger squad than last season, based on Flint and Pack in particular proving they can play at this level, which at the early stages of last season look. I would also add that Reid has also shown an ability to play at this level as well.

The addition of Goldbourne and potentially Matthews to what we had last season, also proves the squad is stronger in both quality and experience.

We need to bring in players to enhance the squad, but in my opinion we're in a stronger place than 12 months ago. It isn't all doom and gloom just yet!

35 minutes ago, daored said:

No one would dispute the squad is short on numbers. However, I feel it is a stronger squad than last season, based on Flint and Pack in particular proving they can play at this level, which at the early stages of last season look. I would also add that Reid has also shown an ability to play at this level as well.

The addition of Goldbourne and potentially Matthews to what we had last season, also proves the squad is stronger in both quality and experience.

We need to bring in players to enhance the squad, but in my opinion we're in a stronger place than 12 months ago. It isn't all doom and gloom just yet!

Yes agreed...wasn't talking about ability though...just lack of numbers :-)

In fact I don't feel any gloom and doom at all, the opposite tbh.

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 17:12, bristolcitysweden said:

Why would anyone trust a football club that has been shit since 1897?

You know what if you think we're so shit, piss off and support someone else. All you seem to do lately is spout drunken crap and slag the club off at every opportunity.

I hear Leicester are doing quite well at the moment.

Reasons to be cheerful:

Our top players now have a year of Championship experience. Flint, Bryan, Smith, Pack, even Freeman should all be better again next year for that experience.

Kodjia has a year of English football. 

We we have improved left back, and hopefully right back.

We have increased turnover potential with crowds up to 27000 now. Our wage will increase.

The target should be top half this season. Slow steady progression as Sheffield Wednesday have done. Hopefully Des Taylor will be identifying some good value international and lower league gems. Let's be honest we can't compete with clubs for established English players leaving premiership clubs.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Yes agreed...wasn't talking about ability though...just lack of numbers :-)

In fact I don't feel any gloom and doom at all, the opposite tbh.

And I also forgot to add me had one of the top scorers in the league in his first season in English football. Anybody seriously expects him to be a one hit wonder? I don't 

21 minutes ago, daored said:

And I also forgot to add me had one of the top scorers in the league in his first season in English football. Anybody seriously expects him to be a one hit wonder? I don't 

He also scored only one penalty compared to several andre gray scored and abel hernandes! Hes probably top scorer from open play in championship 

On ‎28‎-‎05‎-‎2016 at 13:35, Robbored said:

Lennon and McCartney were stoned when they wrote that and on acid when they wrote Lucy in the Sky with diamonds.

Not relevant I know but just saying............,:facepalm:

I think you'll find that Lennon wrote both songs and Macca had nothing to do with it. In fact, the Fab two rarely collaborated on any songs  ;)

Not relevant I know but just saying............,:yawn:

3 hours ago, Taz said:

You know what if you think we're so shit, piss off and support someone else. All you seem to do lately is spout drunken crap and slag the club off at every opportunity.

I hear Leicester are doing quite well at the moment.

It's just Tommy being Tommy. He is really a level headed guy because the shit runs evenly from both sides of his mouth

Archived