IGNORED

England vs Australia

BRISTOL86

3 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

For me Wilshire and Stones were our 2 best players in the first half..

The squad should not be based upon performances in friendlies: it should be the best performers across the season. IMO Wilshere should not even have the opportunity to impress in this game. 

2 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I agree that the situation is symptomatic of everything wrong with modern football, not just the English game. But to suggest it's his fault or to criticise him for it is daft.

He's 19 years old FFS, no other profession I can think of would have taken that sort of shit from a kid, again for instance I suspect the mega rich Manc owners would have let him rot.

For a 19 year old player who has signed a legally binding contract to manufacture a move in the public way he did is ridiculous and disrespectful, it's the tail wagging the dog.

5 minutes ago, 29AR said:

The squad should not be based upon performances in friendlies: it should be the best performers across the season. IMO Wilshere should not even have the opportunity to impress in this game. 

I kinda agree with you in terms of deserving, but Wilshere on form is easily our best midfielder that's the problem, except maybe Dele Alli now.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He's 19 years old FFS, no other profession I can think of would have taken that sort of shit from a kid, again for instance I suspect the mega rich Manc owners would have let him rot.

For a 19 year old player who has signed a legally binding contract to manufacture a move in the public way he did is ridiculous and disrespectful, it's the tail wagging the dog.

Yeah of course, but I was referring to his performances, as were you I am assuming. Holding your employer to ransom like that is not something that would occur elsewhere no, but it's hardly an English problem and it's most likely 90% manufactured by his agent. But agreed, it is a bit scummy.

Yeah of course, but I was referring to his performances, as were you I am assuming. Holding your employer to ransom like that is not something that would occur elsewhere no, but it's hardly an English problem and it's most likely 90% manufactured by his agent. But agreed, it is a bit scummy.

As for performances, we have virtually nothing to judge him on over the past 2 years, he has gone backwards and that can only be blamed on one thing, not the fans or the media or even his agent.

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

But he's not on form so you go with the players who are

Agreed but we are dropping a CM and if it was a case of Fabian Delph v Jack Wilshere going I'd take Wilshere every day of the week.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

As for performances, we have virtually nothing to judge him on over the past 2 years, he has gone backwards and that can only be blamed on one thing, not the fans or the media or even his agent.

That's fine, and I absolutely agree with you. It's the BS like 'money was a bigger motivation even more than playing for his country' that are absolute nonsense. I highly doubt that he thought moving to Man City would jeopardise his England chances. In fact, looking at the incredible facilities Man City now have, it's entirely possible that it would be a positive factor in moving.

3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Agreed but we are dropping a CM and if it was a case of Fabian Delph v Jack Wilshere going I'd take Wilshere every day of the week.

Delph is out injured so it's not going to be either or. In that battle so would I, but I wouldn't have either in my 23. 

That's fine, and I absolutely agree with you. It's the BS like 'money was a bigger motivation even more than playing for his country' that are absolute nonsense. I highly doubt that he thought moving to Man City would jeopardise his England chances. In fact, looking at the incredible facilities Man City now have, it's entirely possible that it would be a positive factor in moving.

Dropping 2 midfielders,obviously delph(why just why) and then it's between drinkwater and Wiltshire 

3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Well we'll agree to disagree on that one.

Truly great players perform at a consistent level, week in week out and players in his position with the ability that he showed 2 years ago (winger/striker) should be taking teams apart almost single handedly, something has gone badly wrong and I don't buy the confidence argument personally, Manc had a poor season by their standards but he shone pretty much every week in another under performing team.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not a chance in hell that Hodgson would take Drinkwater over Wilshere. 

Nah, that would take bollox. Considering he's still shit scared of Liverpool fans....

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well we'll agree to disagree on that one.

Truly great players perform at a consistent level, week in week out and players in his position with the ability that he showed 2 years ago (winger/striker) should be taking teams apart almost single handedly, something has gone badly wrong and I don't buy the confidence argument personally, Manc had a poor season by their standards but he shone pretty much every week in another under performing team.

So what's your theory? He's intentionally playing badly? Really?!

And I'd love to know why you think moving to Man City meant he didn't care about playing for England. How can you even link those two? This is without the benefit of hindsight mind.

Archived