IGNORED

England vs Australia

BRISTOL86

5 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Rooney is looking good. If he plays like this he has to start 

Not sure. He's looking good but how could you leave out Kane? It is a friendly against Aus, fresh off the bench, too...

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I know it's a bit tongue in cheek given the location of the game, but booing Townsend, really? 

Interesting (but forever theoretical) question - would you boo a Rovers player in an England shirt? I certainly wouldn't. 

That's because it would never happen.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I know it's a bit tongue in cheek given the location of the game, but booing Townsend, really? 

Interesting (but forever theoretical) question - would you boo a Rovers player in an England shirt? I certainly wouldn't. 

Tongue in cheek I would. Certainly not with any vitriol. Probably join in with how it is at Sunderland now if we were in that boat. 

But if Skeletor managed England then I'd mean it!!!!

16 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

So what's your theory? He's intentionally playing badly? Really?!

And I'd love to know why you think moving to Man City meant he didn't care about playing for England. How can you even link those two? This is without the benefit of hindsight mind.

Both sentences are just made up where have I said or implied any of what you say?.

Your first sentence is really silly, I would suspect that his head in not in the right place and as a very young kid he has brought this all on himself instead of continuing his impressive apprenticeship at Liverpool (where he was no doubt earning more money than god) he decided to chase the even bigger money at Manc and guess what? he's struggling to cope, something that several much maligned pundits suggested might be the case at the time.

Your second sentence is even sillier, before he even went to Liverpool he asked to sit out an England qualifier against Estonia despite being fit, despite being able to party before and after said qualifier.

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Tongue in cheek I would. Certainly not with any vitriol. Probably join in with how it is at Sunderland now if we were in that boat. 

But if Skeletor managed England then I'd mean it!!!!

I refer the right honourable gentleman to my previous answer,

That's because it will never happen.

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yes I would boo!! 

2 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

I'd take Townsend we've got a lot of midfielders but not many who can score. Townsend often pops up with a goal and looks good tonight. Decent form for Newcastle towards the end of the season as well 

I'd have him over Sterling for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

I'd take Townsend we've got a lot of midfielders but not many who can score. Townsend often pops up with a goal and looks good tonight. Decent form for Newcastle towards the end of the season as well 

Agree.

I would leave that bloody hairdresser Lallana behind.

9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Both sentences are just made up where have I said or implied any of what you say?.

Your first sentence is really silly, I would suspect that his head in not in the right place and as a very young kid he has brought this all on himself instead of continuing his impressive apprenticeship at Liverpool (where he was no doubt earning more money than god) he decided to chase the even bigger money at Manc and guess what? he's struggling to cope, something that several much maligned pundits suggested might be the case at the time.

Your second sentence is even sillier, before he even went to Liverpool he asked to sit out an England qualifier against Estonia despite being fit, despite being able to party before and after said qualifier.

Tbf mate of all of our comments 'money was a bigger motivation even more than playing for his country' was the really silly one. Now that you've provided a proper answer I agree to be fair. Apart from the final bit, where pretty much every pro backed him for saying he was too tired to play. He was 18/19 and had played a full season, it's not out of the question. I wouldn't judge him entirely on that.

2 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Tbf mate of all of our comments 'money was a bigger motivation even more than playing for his country' was the really silly one. Now that you've provided a proper answer I agree to be fair. Apart from the final bit, where pretty much every pro backed him for saying he was too tired to play. He was 18/19 and had played a full season, it's not out of the question. I wouldn't judge him entirely on that.

But not too tired to party before and after, the clue is professional footballer.

As for the highlighted portion he pulled out of the Estonia game very soon after telling the world he wanted to move, the two are linked IMO.

World-Class attack and keepers. Milner ( never thought I'd say this) and Townsend decent.

The rest look decidedly dodgy. Barkley/Sterling more froth than substance, Lallana, Henderson lightweight, defence all at sea. 

Let's hope Roy sorts it.

10 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

It must be really hard having to do a few hours football a day for £100k a week! 

I wonder how much sympathy I'll get at work if I'm too tired to go in next week after another 50 hour week for less than 1% of poor tired Raheem's wage. 

Not sure if it came across on TV (if the camera faced the dugouts) but each time Barkley lost the ball....and it was all bar once, Roy was firing off a few expletives in his direction. 

A stand up, throw arms around and fall back into chair happened too. 

I'm not convinced he's worth taking

36 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I think Barkley could be one to miss out, he has certainly lost his mojo with Everton towards the end of the season, and looked no better tonight when he came on.

Wouldn't take him or Wilshire who just constantly falls over before getting injured. Also have no idea why we need 3 keepers but no doubt Woy will play safe.

Archived