IGNORED

Hull city v Sheffield wed - play off

bcfcchampions2015

1 hour ago, WarksRobin said:

Congratulations to Hull

Really emphasises the different trajectories they and we have been on since 2008

The 2008 final has defined most of what has happened to both clubs since. Getting there the first time has given Hull the financial clout to compete at the top of the Championship and thus float between the two divisions ever since. Had we won that day, I dare say we would likely have done something similar. It really does show just how much that Windass goal was worth.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Less than us and Walsall took to the JPT final, which I find astonishing.

I hope every Wednesday fan who wanted a ticket was able to get one, given there were 20k empty seats.

I doubt it. Haven't read the thread but they were saying Hull refused to sell "block by block" soSW couldn't claim any more !

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I doubt it. Haven't read the thread but they were saying Hull refused to sell "block by block" soSW couldn't claim any more !

I fear you may be right. A colleague at work is a Wednesday fan and said they sold out the final allocation in an hour or so, so inevitably some will have missed out.

Outrageous really - no reason they couldn't have done POTD or more advance sales with 20k unoccupied seats.

I sort of feel a bit sorry for Sheffield Wednesday. As a child growing up they were always in the top half of the old First Division. I think a well run club (unlike the likes of Leeds etc.) could have really benefited from the money, to maybe upgrade a crumbling Hillsborough and other stuff! Oh well, Hull it is - again.

Very suprised that hull only 21k the lowest ever to a wembley final but having said that, they had to go twice two seasons ago and i suppose to the hull fans its not quite a big deal bouncing up and down!

Does anybody know how many us and hull sold for 2008 ? I was under the impression we sold more than them 

There is a few reasons why hull wouldn't have sold out.

Start with the obvious - anger at their owners due to name change, change in prices etc

They have also had many trips to Wembley recently. Most clubs rely on day trippers to sell out Wembley...  There will be less of those the more games a club plays at Wembley. 

Hull fc were at home to St Helens today. Crowd of 11k some of which may have travelled to Wembley if it hadn't of been on.

Sky rescheduled the game from 3pm to 5:30 a couple of weeks back. The last train back to Hull was 8:15pm. Doesn't leave a lot of time for error and what if the game had gone to extra time and penalties? 

There was a lack of POTD and not selling to fans without a hull address. I imagine there are a few people from Hull living in London who would have gone but couldn't get a ticket. 

8 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I hope every Wednesday fan who wanted a ticket was able to get one, given there were 20k empty seats.

Poor attendance but Cider Manc seems to have the reasons behind it which is a list that suggests some people at the FL or Wembley or more dropped a bit of a clanger by not understanding these factors and mitigating against them. 

While I have considerably more time for Wednesday I just about prefer to play them over Hull next season who I think will likely come straight back down again as Steve Bruce is poached by Everton after their new gaffer balls it up in short fashion.

5 minutes ago, cynic said:

With both Hull and Burnley going up, their parachute payments go to those left behind - anyone know how much that would be ?

As I understand it, both Hull and Burnley were due 20m this coming season so roughly 2m coming to Ashton Gate ?

Do we know whether teams already getting parachute payments in the championship also get a share of this?

13 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I have a work colleague who is a Wednesday fan and he reckons there were Wednesday fans who couldn't get tickets.

Plumduff are taking more to Wembley tomorrow than Dull took. Disgraceful.

15 hours ago, RedM said:

The tv is going off at FT, I'm not going to watch that lot celebrate going to the Prem again

Or, indeed, not celebrate again - was in a carriage full of jester-hatted Hull "fans" after the 08 game, was like a library.

5 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

I have a work colleague who is a Wednesday fan and he reckons there were Wednesday fans who couldn't get tickets.

Plumduff are taking more to Wembley tomorrow than Dull took. Disgraceful.

Local news down here saying 40k for Argyle tomorrow. They reckon they sold a couple of thousand on Friday as people were waiting for pay day!

3 hours ago, Porto Red said:

Or, indeed, not celebrate again - was in a carriage full of jester-hatted Hull "fans" after the 08 game, was like a library.

I remember the same thing. Though at the time it was undoubtedly preferable to being stuck in a carriage full of them ballooning about and celebrating. 

Disappointing day for us yesterday, Hull were just too strong.  Their midfield were superb and Bannan, Forestieri and Hooper never had a sniff.

It has been an excellent season for us and everyone remained in good spirit throughout the game. Hull have announced today that there won't be a parade through the town. (probably due to lack of interest)

Will be an interesting Championship next season with Villa, Newcastle and Burton. 

See you guys there. :sad26:

Archived