IGNORED

Hull city v Sheffield wed - play off

bcfcchampions2015

33 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Hull and their 25,000 fans can piss off. 

Up the Owls.

Unbelievably poor. Couldn't believe it when I saw they hadn't sold out. Apathy obviously setting in up there which could prove dangerous if things don't go their way. 

24 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just heard they , Hull couldn't sell all their tickets. Bit of a surprise.

Shows the difference between the two clubs.

Wednesday's demand for tickets was so big they had a ballot to allocate the ones that Hull couldn't sell...

15 minutes ago, lenred said:

Unbelievably poor. Couldn't believe it when I saw they hadn't sold out. Apathy obviously setting in up there which could prove dangerous if things don't go their way. 

Hull is not a big place and including today they will have been to Wembley four times in eight years.

So I think it's more that the novelty of Wembley and having been in the Premier League for a few seasons has worn off for them

Equally, I remember Sheff Weds taking less than 25,000 to an FA Cup final replay in '93. This time because they been to Wembley four times in the space of a couple of months and the novelty had worn off for them too.

I want Sheff Weds to win today because they are a fine club and they will add a bit of spice to the Premier League. Hull are just a bit boring now, by comparison. 

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Wednesday's demand for tickets was so big they had a ballot to allocate the ones that Hull couldn't sell...

They will also have over a thousand in the Hull end after Hull opened up their ticket sales to anyone and everyone last week.

This only stopped when proof of a Hull address was introduced.

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I think they said 6,500 unsold, they guy from Wembley/FA said thy couldn't pass the tickets on due to segregation issues. Sounds like that ship has sailed !

14 minutes ago, redfred said:

Hull is not a big place and including today they will have been to Wembley four times in eight years.

So I think it's more that the novelty of Wembley and having been in the Premier League for a few seasons has worn off for them

Equally, I remember Sheff Weds taking less than 25,000 to an FA Cup final replay in '93. This time because they been to Wembley four times in the space of a couple of months and the novelty had worn off for them too.

I want Sheff Weds to win today because they are a fine club and they will add a bit of spice to the Premier League. Hull are just a bit boring now, by comparison. 

Get what you're saying but respectfully disagree. They're big enough and a trip to Wembley is a trip to Wembley. Could understand a bit more if it was a cup semi final but it's a Championship Play-Off final on the Saturday of a Bank Holiday weekend. Most football fans in the UK would give their right arm to be where they are today.  I know I would. 

To be fair to Hull, a lot of their fans are unhappy with the owner and the way their club is being run so perhaps that has something in few ticket sales. If so, it's quite nice to see fans actually do something about it but still a shame regardless.

20 minutes ago, lenred said:

Get what you're saying but respectfully disagree. They're big enough and a trip to Wembley is a trip to Wembley. Could understand a bit more if it was a cup semi final but it's a Championship Play-Off final on the Saturday of a Bank Holiday weekend. Most football fans in the UK would give their right arm to be where they are today.  I know I would. 

I completely agree that most regular football fans would be there at Wembley rain, shine or whatever and Hull have 25,000 of those.

What we are talking about is the floating support of Hull who can't be bothered because they've had a few trips in recent years and the novelty has gone. It's human nature, I'd say.

6 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Bannan was Wednesday's stand out player for me when we played them at home. 

Be interesting to see how he gets on today, if he's influential then I think they have a chance. 

I have to wonder whether they were already relaxing to prepare for the play offs when we met them. They didn't look a potential Prem side that day.

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I have to wonder whether they were already relaxing to prepare for the play offs when we met them. They didn't look a potential Prem side that day.

Could be... 

He impressed that day however, and has been strong all season according to their fans. Decent. 

Archived