IGNORED

Jocks wanting England to lose in Euros

TwoSheds

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Scotland are crap, no doubt, but my Point is that as England fans we have absolutely nothing to shout or be proud about after years and years of embarrassment and failure

Nor have City but we still take the piss out of our less fortunate neighbours in blue, tis just the way of things!

25 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Nor have City but we still take the piss out of our less fortunate neighbours in blue, tis just the way of things!

I feel totally indifferent to Scotland and certainly have no dislike for them as I have for our friends across the river

4 hours ago, Cunnyfunt said:

Walking 500 miles and Tennis. 

Andy Murray didn't he in a world cup a while ago come out and openly support Paraguay when England had to play them. Yet he wants the home support when he plays at Wimbledon.

24 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

Andy Murray didn't he in a world cup a while ago come out and openly support Paraguay when England had to play them. Yet he wants the home support when he plays at Wimbledon.

Similar to when Britain won gold, and Scotland won silver, at the London Olympics tennis.

6 hours ago, TwoSheds said:

New ad run by Paddy Power ends with Scotland wanting England to lose. They really dont like England do they!

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/paddy-power-vive-la-bantz-lucky-generals/1396837

I worked in Scotland for 7 years.....I support whoever they are against......shouldn't be too expensive  to buy the shirts....They will be out by the end of the group stage........f&*kers

8 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I think the fact we fail miserably every two years gives them the last laugh!

i hate to say it but they will be laughing again in about 3 weeks time.

Not taking Drinkwater could precipitate that.

8 hours ago, harrys said:

And the great Archie Gemmill

That goal against Holland... Sublime but alas too little too late for the Jocks.

I had a laugh at the advert, as I did at the 6N advert

It's a bit of fun, although the fact that everyone else is going, whilst the Sweaties stay at home does make me smile

It's all banter, if they weren't there we'd have to invent someone, just like the G*s

No problem at all with the advert or what Scottish people think.  Personally I want British teams to do well at sporting events (as long as it's not doing better than us!) but I do think part of that is because, with Scotland, Wales, NI or Republic of Ireland the 'cheering on the underdog' mentality sets in for me.  I can completely understand why they wouldn't feel the same way about us...

54 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

No problem at all with the advert or what Scottish people think.  Personally I want British teams to do well at sporting events (as long as it's not doing better than us!) but I do think part of that is because, with Scotland, Wales, NI or Republic of Ireland the 'cheering on the underdog' mentality sets in for me.  I can completely understand why they wouldn't feel the same way about us...

Understand why they dont feel warm towards us which is why they should expect English to reciprocate. The fact that we actually dont crow as much as they invariaby do when they get a result at absolutely anything says it all.

The Scottish fans hate England with every fibre in their fat, hairy bodies.

I can remember being in Scotland one world cup when we got knocked out. The Scots went utterly, totally berserk with joy. The noise was incredible. They are full of loathing.

The things is this. Hate is a powerful emotion. Akin to love.

So, actually, they love us.

:hug:

This explains the Scottish referendum result too.

:hug:

Which is more worrying? Being hated by a hairy, fat, smelly, kilted Scotsman ...... or loved by him?

:glare:

Essentially, do you want the broken bottle, or the hot, smelly c**k.

Eh?

Uncle TFR

3 hours ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

Which is more worrying? Being hated by a hairy, fat, smelly, kilted Scotsman ...... or loved by him?

:glare:

Essentially, do you want the broken bottle, or the hot, smelly c**k.

Eh?

Uncle TFR

People like that would possibly do both to you TFR..

It's weird that an advert from an Irish bookmakers has managed to convince English people that it was an advert from Scottish people, while at the same time made Scottish people think it was taking the piss out of Scotland's failure to qualify.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/paddy-power-pokes-fun-unofficial-8063113#72uuJHifASGmo4kO.97

6 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

It's weird that an advert from an Irish bookmakers has managed to convince English people that it was an advert from Scottish people, while at the same time made Scottish people think it was taking the piss out of Scotland's failure to qualify.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/paddy-power-pokes-fun-unofficial-8063113#72uuJHifASGmo4kO.97

But everyone in Britain now knows it`s Paddy Power and will remember it so a brilliantly successful advertising campaign.

On 31 May 2016 at 17:03, Super said:

What are Scotland actually good at?

Inventing things - Scots were responsible for:

Bicycles

Telephones

Microwave ovens

ATMs / cash dispensing machines

Televisions

Fax machines

Refridgerators

Toilets that flush

....and more!

Doubt you could go through life without using quite a few of those?!

• Admin
On 31/05/2016 at 20:43, City169 said:

If they are expecting to qualify and you're writing 2 games off (Germany) then you need to be picking up at least a draw against your second toughest opponents.

ROI aren't a hugely stronger nation, and Scotland should have been competing against them, but instead they were busy losing to Georgia

On 31/05/2016 at 19:10, City169 said:

Yes, so they had one tough team- Germany, one that they should be looking to draw against- Poland.

The fact Scotland lost to Georgia shows they just weren't good enough. As I said before, the ROI got out, so the Scots could have done as well.

On 31/05/2016 at 20:25, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why should the Scots expect to draw against Poland? They've got a population of 39m compared to Scotland's 5m population.

Scotland has generally over-achieved over the last 30 years in footballing terms, they have qualified for World Cups when England failed and there is no way they should expect to qualify for tournaments. 

When I was growing up every top team in England had lots of Scots playing for them, this doesn't happen anymore, so the fact they even compete is an achievement, but there is no way you can say that they should have qualified from a group containing Germany, Poland and ROI...

The things is, and this is a little awkward but, draw with Poland is exactly what they did. Twice.

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 22:13, TwoSheds said:

Ok, I don't believe I'm going to defend him but in all fairness he did come out with that comment straight after an English journalist ripped into him for Scotland failing to qualify yet again. That often gets overlooked when this comment rears it head that every tournament. I think I would have reacted the same way

5 minutes ago, Ian M said:

The things is, and this is a little awkward but, draw with Poland is exactly what they did. Twice.

What part of any of my posts suggest they didn't? I simply stated what I thought their expectation should be facing Poland.

And crucially they lost to Georgia. Not sure how many times that has to be said.

6 minutes ago, Big C said:

Ok, I don't believe I'm going to defend him but in all fairness he did come out with that comment straight after an English journalist ripped into him for Scotland failing to qualify yet again. That often gets overlooked when this comment rears it head that every tournament. I think I would have reacted the same way

This.

If some gashead journalist ripped into City and then asked who we wanted to win the JPT?

Andy Murray isn't the most likeable of people but he's not particularly anti English.

• Admin
1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

This.

If some gashead journalist ripped into City and then asked who we wanted to win the JPT?

Andy Murray isn't the most likeable of people but he's not particularly anti English.

He simply made the mistake of engaging in banter in a press conference.

Archived