IGNORED

Jocks wanting England to lose in Euros

TwoSheds

16 minutes ago, Red Rag said:

Seems that I am the odd one out. I always support the UK teams against any Johney Foreigner outfit, unless of course they are playing England.

I support Northern Ireland against other countries. As the others have an absolute obsession with England I choose not to support them.

27 minutes ago, harrys said:

To be fair if England were not to qualify from the group they were in would of been a total embarrassment, Scotland were in a very difficult group 

I couldn't possibly imagine the difficulty of a group with Georgia and Gibraltar, and so difficult that the Republic of Ireland got out of it.

2 minutes ago, harrys said:

Weren't Germany and Poland in that group as well?

Yes, so they had one tough team- Germany, one that they should be looking to draw against- Poland.

The fact Scotland lost to Georgia shows they just weren't good enough. As I said before, the ROI got out, so the Scots could have done as well.

10 minutes ago, City169 said:

Yes, so they had one tough team- Germany, one that they should be looking to draw against- Poland.

The fact Scotland lost to Georgia shows they just weren't good enough. As I said before, the ROI got out, so the Scots could have done as well.

ROI got out by finishing third and winning a play off, Scotland were always playing for third place, remind me who the footballing giants were in England's group, as I remember we couldn't of had it any easier if it were hand picked, personally I find England's constant under achieving far more pathetic than Scotland's constant failure

ROI got out by finishing third and winning a play off, Scotland were always playing for third place, remind me who the footballing giants were in England's group, as I remember we couldn't of had it any easier if it were hand picked, personally I find England's constant under achieving far more pathetic than Scotland's constant failure

I haven't asserted anywhere that Englands group wasn't easy. Switzerland and Slovenia were potential banana skins, but we did win EVERY game. Not sure what more they could have done there.

Yes, ROI got out by finishing third and winning a playoff, which is more than Scotland did. Perhaps if they had been able to beat the European giants known as Georgia they might have had a chance to face the mighty Bosnia & Herzegovina.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It's what English fans expect. I'd be be disappointed if the Jocks got behind England....most of em hate us anyway and have never got over us winning the World Cup 50 years ago........:facepalm:

or use owning them and the land they live on. Don't bite the hand that feeds you that's what I say.. :whistle:

4 minutes ago, City169 said:

I haven't asserted anywhere that Englands group wasn't easy. Switzerland and Slovenia were potential banana skins, but we did win EVERY game. Not sure what more they could have done there.

Yes, ROI got out by finishing third and winning a playoff, which is more than Scotland did. Perhaps if they had been able to beat the European giants known as Georgia they might have had a chance to face the mighty Bosnia & Herzegovina.

Scotland are crap, no doubt, but my Point is that as England fans we have absolutely nothing to shout or be proud about after years and years of embarrassment and failure

6 minutes ago, harrys said:

Scotland are crap, no doubt, but my Point is that as England fans we have absolutely nothing to shout or be proud about after years and years of embarrassment and failure

But I'm not shouting about anything, I'm one of the more critical about our squad and our chances. You aren't making any point.

8 minutes ago, harrys said:

I feel able to shout at the Sweaties for as long as we are superior. I do not feel the same compulsion to do so at superior footballing nations. I guess thats the difference.

1 hour ago, Edinburgh Red said:

Try living up here...some still go on about ne of the England games in 66 got moved to our advantage! Also they keep n about how big England is and the population of Scotland is so small.....I could go on but they are obsessed but they do also realise they are shit.

I bet you were constantly looking over your shoulder, whilst typing that!

1 hour ago, City169 said:

Why should the Scots expect to draw against Poland? They've got a population of 39m compared to Scotland's 5m population.

Scotland has generally over-achieved over the last 30 years in footballing terms, they have qualified for World Cups when England failed and there is no way they should expect to qualify for tournaments. 

When I was growing up every top team in England had lots of Scots playing for them, this doesn't happen anymore, so the fact they even compete is an achievement, but there is no way you can say that they should have qualified from a group containing Germany, Poland and ROI...

1 hour ago, harrys said:

I think the fact we fail miserably every two years gives them the last laugh!

i hate to say it but they will be laughing again in about 3 weeks time.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why should the Scots expect to draw against Poland? They've got a population of 39m compared to Scotland's 5m population.

Scotland has generally over-achieved over the last 30 years in footballing terms, they have qualified for World Cups when England failed and there is no way they should expect to qualify for tournaments. 

When I was growing up every top team in England had lots of Scots playing for them, this doesn't happen anymore, so the fact they even compete is an achievement, but there is no way you can say that they should have qualified from a group containing Germany, Poland and ROI...

Remember Scotland qualifying for World Cup in '74 and '78 while England stayed at home, they had some great players through the 70's and 80's

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I think the fact we fail miserably every two years gives them the last laugh!

i hate to say it but they will be laughing again in about 3 weeks time.

Could be right there Bill but we live in hope

Remember Scotland qualifying for World Cup in '74 and '78 while England stayed at home, they had some great players through the 70's and 80's

The certainly did! Jordan, Dalglish, Law, Buchan, Souness, McQueen, Donachie, Hansen, Macari, Rioch, Johnston, Wark, Burley, Miller, McCleish, Narey, Sturrock etc etc....

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The certainly did! Jordan, Dalglish, Law, Buchan, Souness, McQueen, Donachie, Hansen, Macari, Rioch, Johnston, Wark, Burley, Miller, McCleish, Narey, Sturrock etc etc....

And the great Archie Gemmill

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If they are expecting to qualify and you're writing 2 games off (Germany) then you need to be picking up at least a draw against your second toughest opponents.

ROI aren't a hugely stronger nation, and Scotland should have been competing against them, but instead they were busy losing to Georgia

Archived