IGNORED

Gary O'Neil (Confirmed)

ZiderEyed

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

That Bowie bloke will be along in a minute to remind you what an evil little **** LJ is and how he`ll be sacked by Christmas.

Still have no idea what that moron was on about.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

At least two CBs required IMO. 

Christopher Jullien was a name I suggested we should look at and then buy. I think Toulouse are buying him for €3m, not as cheap as I thought. Clearly other people have noticed how good he is.

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

We still have a relatively young Williams as a left sided CB.

He's played over 100 games for us and rarely let down himself or the team.

Kept out of the team by Baker last season, but he may yet come of age - pre-season is vital for him.

His fowl throw this season stuck in my head, was fairly inconsistent when called upon last year. I'd still like to have him as a squad player though. 

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Can we officially award Colin Pack an ITK medal?

I would say more ITS than ITK!!

ITS being In The Shit as if this account proves to be genuine then it is a complete faux pas and betrayal of trust. I've no doubt that players talk to numerous family members and friends about the nuances of contracts and goings-on at any club. For these to be regurgitated onto Facebook is totally unforgivable in my eyes.

I'm not sure if LJ finds out about social media nonsense like this but I'm sure if anyone in the higher echelons of the club are aware of this then Marlon will be 28k light in his monthly wage packet in the very near future due to this indiscretion.

Loose lips sink ships

BTW back on topic then kudos to everyone at the club including the Gaffer & Mark Ashton for a fantastic piece of business not only early in the window but a massive statement of intent

45 minutes ago, cynic said:

We still have a relatively young Williams as a left sided CB.

He's played over 100 games for us and rarely let down himself or the team.

Kept out of the team by Baker last season, but he may yet come of age - pre-season is vital for him.

Flint and Williams are the two we have. I'm choosing to ignore El-Abd. 

It's madness to think one more will be OK. Minimum 4 first team quality CB's needed.

21 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Think LJ has plans for Vyner this year. Very much a first team player if he needs to be. 

Good point, completely forgot him! Even so I would be more than happy to see another 2 come in. Assuming there are no first team plans for El Abd. A couple of injuries and all of a sudden you're struggling to name a CB partnership - not a situation we want to be in!

2 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

I would say more ITS than ITK!!

ITS being In The Shit as if this account proves to be genuine then it is a complete faux pas and betrayal of trust. I've no doubt that players talk to numerous family members and friends about the nuances of contracts and goings-on at any club. For these to be regurgitated onto Facebook is totally unforgivable in my eyes.

I'm not sure if LJ finds out about social media nonsense like this but I'm sure if anyone in the higher echelons of the club are aware of this then Marlon will be 28k light in his monthly wage packet in the very near future due to this indiscretion.

Loose lips sink ships

BTW back on topic then kudos to everyone at the club including the Gaffer & Mark Ashton for a fantastic piece of business not only early in the window but a massive statement of intent

Yep, I think MP might be in a spot of bother too.

I think we've got a cracking player here.

Someone in work asked me what type of player he is.  I suggested style wise he was like Darren Fletcher.  Is that a fair comparison?

I wouldn't see him as here for the money....his career doesn't point to that.

3 hours ago, P'head Red said:

His fowl throw this season stuck in my head, was fairly inconsistent when called upon last year. I'd still like to have him as a squad player though. 

Duck or Goose?

6 hours ago, Taz said:

This is a great signing, on paper he's a step up from Elliott with his experience...

Wouldn't agree with that - Wade had played well over 600 games before he joined us, O'Neil has played just over 400 games.

He doesn't have more experience but he is undoubtedly a brilliant signing...just what we needed, and likes getting promoted to the Premier League!

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wouldn't agree with that - Wade had played well over 600 games before he joined us, O'Neil has played just over 400 games.

He doesn't have more experience but he is undoubtedly a brilliant signing...just what we needed, and likes getting promoted to the Premier League!

Prem appearances though? He's a top top signing though anyway

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

HUGE difference is that over 200 appearances for O'Neil are in the Prem, against Wade's 38.

Massive upgrade.

Archived