IGNORED

Gary O'Neil (Confirmed)

ZiderEyed

2 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Deary me. Even during a time where City make a excellent signing your still obsessed. Thanks for thinking of me. 

A lot of elephants on this forum thatch.  Your gonna have to live with it until someone else makes a otib boo boo one day.

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

So Gary O'Neil replaces Josh Brownhill at the top of the new signings chart. If every new signing goes straight in at number 1 we could be having a good summer:thumbsup:

My league ladder table has been updated accordingly.....

4 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Deary me. Even during a time where City make a excellent signing your still obsessed. Thanks for thinking of me. 

That is ok. Just glad I had the sense not to boo Lee Johnson when he was appointed before a ball had even been kicked under his managerial reign, even though the boo would have been aimed at SL who is funding these exciting signings! Cmon, admit you might have been a tiny bit wrong?

Brilliant signing in so many ways. Take my hat off to Johnson and Ashton. They've shown they can bring an excellent Premiership quality player to City, others including Tomlin should follow. So LJ has overturned one of the key objections to his appointment already.

8 minutes ago, TRL said:

A lot of elephants on this forum thatch.  Your gonna have to live with it until someone else makes a otib boo boo one day.

Even while sticking up for him, you manage to get a little dig in...

...well played.

5 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Promoted in the play off final with West Ham

Promoted in the play off final with QPR

Promoted in the play off final with Norwich..

Now what are the odds on that for us this year :fingerscrossed:

stuck a fiver on it 

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Even while sticking up for him, you manage to get a little dig in...

...well played.

Haha it was intentional. Glad you picked up on it.

Time to give him a little slack though me thinks

9 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Promoted in the play off final with West Ham

Promoted in the play off final with QPR

Promoted in the play off final with Norwich..

Now what are the odds on that for us this year :fingerscrossed:

1000000/1 with our record.

49 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Excellent signing. Massive upgrade/replacement for Pack. Pack can learn a lot from him.

The exact experience needed, well done MA.

He will indeed be an excellent mentor for Pack. O'Neill is everything that Pack can go on to develop into. Hopefully Marlon is more grounded than Colin and realises that. 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No idea how accurate that source is but Grabban would be an awesome signing. 

This is the first possible deal I've heard from a 'Source' that could be on the button this summer. Didn't hear a thing about O'neil.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

As in you'd heard about Grabban before today?

Yes mate...I heard last night, but didn't really take it seriously because of his age and the fee's that would be involved.

The 'Source' heard it from someone who works as an agent for a Bournemouth player.

I don't know anything about Tomlins situation though.

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

This is the first possible deal I've heard from a 'Source' that could be on the button this summer. Didn't hear a thing about O'neil.

Wasn't it Grabban's move to Norwich last year that fell through...supposedly scuppering our attempts to sign Kermogrant?

Grabban would be a great signing for us as well. 

Edit: move to Bournmouth, not Norwich.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Yes mate...I heard last night, but didn't really take it seriously because of his age and the fee's that would be involved.

The 'Source' heard it from someone who works as an agent for a Bournemouth player.

I don't know anything about Tomlins situation though.

Based on nothing other than intuition, he signed a 3.5-year deal in January and after a bright start Afobe hasn't hit the headlines, they could conceivably lose Wilson this summer and Glenn Murray is getting older every year. I'd be surprised if they let him go, especially after how well his first spell there went.

I think what's especially pleasing is central midfield was a bit of a weakness last season where, if Pack or Smith were out, we needed to bring Bryan across to cover. We've now got 4 good options including one with the experience we were maybe lacking without Wade and one promising youngster. Work to do on the defence still but we're starting to look much more able to compete...

Wouldn't be surprised if he was involved in some type of coaching role with the u21s in the near future.

This is a great signing, on paper he's a step up from Elliott with his experience, and a brilliant replacement for him too. We missed that leader in the centre after Wade retired, I can see O'Neil being a central figure, maybe even captain for this coming season. 

Statement of intent from the club? Certainly has the makings of it, but it is going to take a few more signings before we'll be able to tell. I would think it will certainly make potential signings think twice before saying no.

Well done all involved in making this happen.:clapping:

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Cracking signing and happy with two year deal.  No fee so even if he's on 15k a week it's a good deal.  The two years would have clearly secured the deal as I expect Norwich only offering a year.  

Only a right back, centre back, Tomlin, striker and keeper needed! 

At least two CBs required IMO. 

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Cracking signing and happy with two year deal.  No fee so even if he's on 15k a week it's a good deal.  The two years would have clearly secured the deal as I expect Norwich only offering a year.  

Only a right back, centre back, Tomlin, striker and keeper needed! 

2 CB's, Matthews, Tomlin and a striker would suit me fine.

Lee Johnson said he wanted 8 signings. The two signed so far, plus those 5 is 7, I reckon the 8th is a winger of some sorts and that would roughly be the 8 he wanted.

Archived