IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

If Andre Gray was worth £9M when he went to Burnley than Kodjia has to be worth a similar amount, at least. 20 goals in a side that struggled badly for the first half of the season, a full international with a highly rated country, and now an international goalscorer. £4M in the current market is an insult.

Should just slap an 11m price tag on his head. Nobody would come in for him for that much and if they do.... then well we've done amazing to make that much money on him. We don't want another Maynard situation, looking back now there won't be a single city fan who would say no to 6m for him....

7 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

knowing our lot we'll probably bite there hand off...then angers probably get 20-25%....another andy cole situation awaits

I think this is rather unfair on Steve Lansdown. He / the club doesn't need the money and he's said he wants promotion to the Premier League. Selling JK isn't an option unless it's stupid money. 

21 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

knowing our lot we'll probably bite there hand off...then angers probably get 20-25%....another andy cole situation awaits

Based on what exactly, a transfer that was over twenty years ago now?

Us being offered £4m for a player (as opposed to double that, which I would expect us to consider) is unchartered territory...

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Based on what exactly, a transfer that was over twenty years ago now?

Us being offered £4m for a player (as opposed to double that, which I would expect us to consider) is unchartered territory...

We sold Panicbuyi for £4m, 3m profit. Both then records until we paid 2 and a quarter for Micky.

2 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

todays currant bun top story

Also appears the day after Nixon became "irritated" with City supporters for continually asking questions about targets.

Wouldn't read too much into it.

17 minutes ago, Just Brett said:

Should just slap an 11m price tag on his head. Nobody would come in for him for that much and if they do.... then well we've done amazing to make that much money on him. We don't want another Maynard situation, looking back now there won't be a single city fan who would say no to 6m for him....

Maynard had 12 months on his deal. 

1 hour ago, Andy Horsman said:

If Andre Gray was worth £9M when he went to Burnley than Kodjia has to be worth a similar amount, at least. 20 goals in a side that struggled badly for the first half of the season, a full international with a highly rated country, and now an international goalscorer. £4M in the current market is an insult.

But Gray is English so that doubled his value straight away

I guess we have to balance any reasonable approach with the players wishes in mind. I know he's contracted but if we had a £5/6m offer and the player was desperate to play in the prem on BIG wages, then the whole sitition needs to managed correctly.  Clubs get promotion by spending and selling in the right way. I want him to stay and think he will, but look outside the bubble for a minute , we may be able to invest the money on 3 or 4 £2m players that will push us on. Just a view 

23 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

10-12? Wow. Fair play to the board if that's true.

After what Brentford quoted them for Andre Gray damn right. 

13 minutes ago, Ashton1 said:

I guess we have to balance any reasonable approach with the players wishes in mind. I know he's contracted but if we had a £5/6m offer and the player was desperate to play in the prem on BIG wages, then the whole sitition needs to managed correctly.  Clubs get promotion by spending and selling in the right way. I want him to stay and think he will, but look outside the bubble for a minute , we may be able to invest the money on 3 or 4 £2m players that will push us on. Just a view 

I agree we need to be reasonable but

a) in the current market, I don't think £5 - £6 million is an appropriate amount to accept for someone who scored the number of goals Kodjia did and has the potential he has. When you at what McCormack and Andre Gray went for, I think it would be way too low.

b) If the wants to play in the Premier League then fair enough IF a premier league club come in for him.  Derby are not a premier league club and are something like fourth favourites next season.  There's no guarantee at all they will go up. 

If, a huge if, it will be for more money and to a Premiership club.

Remember he is French and likely to be more savvy than many an English equivalent and will know he'd benefit from at least one more season at City

Believe in Lee believe in Jimmy

COYR

9 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

If, a huge if, it will be for more money and to a Premiership club.

Remember he is French and likely to be more savvy than many an English equivalent and will know he'd benefit from at least one more season at City

Believe in Lee believe in Jimmy

COYR

Don't think his nationality has any influence on how 'savvy' he is. Clutching at straws there I think.

16 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Don't think his nationality has any influence on how 'savvy' he is. Clutching at straws there I think.

Can you have a word with Farage please :pray:

I think to some extent it will come down to what he wants.

Even 4-5m is a fair old bid for Derby. For a premiership side, or even one of those coming down, offering a substantial increase on his wages must have some pull. It is also just possible he has some trigger clauses in his contract.

In a sense, the big budget teams are in an opposite position to us, unsettling a player with great wages, and then trying to be tight on the fee offered. To one of those teams, I think we might get 6-7m with some add ons - if Jimmy made it clear he wanted to go.

Archived