IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

I don't think we'd stand in his way if a Prem club came in for him....but with the money they've got, I think we can afford to quote 'silly money'.  We need to recoup the 40% profit sell-on too, that's a significant chunk.

Who would we go out and get to replace him.  I know we are supposedly after Mousset, but no guarantees of 20 goals.  The only player I'd go after to replace Kodjia is Nahki Wells.  How much would Hiddersfield sell him for?  He's got 3 years left on his contract.  They'd want a similar amount to Kodjia, so what's the point.

6 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I notice are very own dave has posted on the derby forum to tell them how it is 

http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/23098-jonathan-kodjia/?page=8

Derby is a great club with great support aruably one of the biggest clubs but they have to understand how much he is worth

Shhhhhhh!  Will it be classified as a 'rant'. :whistle:

21 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Are you cheating on us Dave?

You know there's only one team in my life....City.....and Liverpool :P

I was just "managing their expectations".  In the thread I replied to I read more crap than this whole sib-forum.  And it runs slower @Tomarse too.  I think size of club should now be determined by forum speed!  Sod population, trophies etc, they are now rendered irrelevant!

I would like to see Mr Lansdown get his own cheque book out and send out a real signal that we aren't interested in selling our best players to the likes of Derby County these days. Who's there best player - we should put a bid in and show these chancers that we are going past them next season.

4 minutes ago, Cardy said:

I would like to see Mr Lansdown get his own cheque book out and send out a real signal that we aren't interested in selling our best players to the likes of Derby County these days. Who's there best player - we should put a bid in and show these chancers that we are going past them next season.

Alex Pearce.....Lansdown, get yer loose change out :P

10 minutes ago, Cardy said:

3.5mill bid for tom ince

26 minutes ago, Cardy said:

You may joke but if we could pull off Tomlin and this French guy what stops us bidding for players from derby? Players will join an ambitious club for the right money and the ground would be full.... If only hey!!!

9 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

You may joke but if we could pull off Tomlin and this French guy what stops us bidding for players from derby? Players will join an ambitious club for the right money and the ground would be full.... If only hey!!!

you might get banned for showing too much optimism.....

16 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

' we could pull off Tomlin and this French guy ' would this be written into their contracts ?

20 goals for JK in a relegation battling team, when he was new to the country and style of football, unable to initially speak the language and our current manager says that he can improve

So how good can he be next season, how much would it cost to replace his 20+ goals? what's the value to BCFC if he helps avoid relegation again or pushes us to promotion.

Unless someone comes in with an obscene offer well over lets say 12m, then what would be the point in selling, what message would it send to the players, fans and prospective signings if we sell our prize assets, unless the offer is just to good to refuse, it would show that despite all the wealth and talk, we lack any real ambition to play at the top level.

This transfer window will be about who we keep as much as who we sign

10 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

:yes: My name is Barnsley . I am a big club and will keep all my players.

:clapping:My name is Bristol City. We are bigger than Barnsley and will take all your players

:thumbsup:My name is Derby. We are bigger than Bristol and will take your best player.

:yawn:My name is any Premiership Club and I'll take whatever I bloody well want from all of you.

My name is Chelsea, and you can poke all your young English players up your Ar..!

31 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

20 goals for JK in a relegation battling team, when he was new to the country and style of football, unable to initially speak the language and our current manager says that he can improve

So how good can he be next season, how much would it cost to replace his 20+ goals? what's the value to BCFC if he helps avoid relegation again or pushes us to promotion.

Unless someone comes in with an obscene offer well over lets say 12m, then what would be the point in selling, what message would it send to the players, fans and prospective signings if we sell our prize assets, unless the offer is just to good to refuse, it would show that despite all the wealth and talk, we lack any real ambition to play at the top level.

This transfer window will be about who we keep as much as who we sign

Exactly this... time to pay out or shut the @@@@ up regarding the Prem ambition!!!

TBH I'm waiting for the incoming disappointment we've all become accustomed too.... pray to god I'm wrong!!!

• The title was changed to Kodjia
31 minutes ago, CityCity said:

not sure if it's been mentioned, and as usual taken with a pinch of salt, but seen on twitter Hull had a 4.2 million bid truned down for Kodj

that wouldn't surprise me, but with 90% of twitter, take it with a whole bag of salt not just a pinch

On 6/5/2016 at 23:14, 'keepuplino' said:

Exactly this... time to pay out or shut the @@@@ up regarding the Prem ambition!!!

TBH I'm waiting for the incoming disappointment we've all become accustomed too.... pray to god I'm wrong!!!

thats what derby have done, and they are no better for it,,

there are only 3 promotion places and 24 teams competing for them, its not a simple as pay or shut up,

Archived