IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Does make you wonder about the "extra holiday" or perhaps smoke screen as he is not coming back.

Would be very disappointed in club if sold for under 12m, seems a lot but where do you get a replacement, look what B,mouth just paid for our summer French target.

Games for Ivory Coast......

2 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Games for Ivory Coast......

Still the rest of the season to score goals to keep us up, whilst it does detract from his value and cause difficulties, we can all see he is going to get much better. A JK that speaks English settled in to a way of living and playing could still score 20 goals and be away.

6 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Still the rest of the season to score goals to keep us up, whilst it does detract from his value and cause difficulties, we can all see he is going to get much better. A JK that speaks English settled in to a way of living and playing could still score 20 goals and be away.

I think he said 'Games for Ivory Coast...... ' because you questioned why he was given extra holiday.

Can't see anything recent about Kodjia rumours on twitter, anyway McCormack scored 1 more and has a clause for about £11m which Wednesday are rumoured to be thinking of going for, Rhodes went for what £9m? and he scored less than Kodjia, if anyone wants him you'd hope they'd have to cough up a lot.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Can't see anything recent about Kodjia rumours on twitter, anyway McCormack scored 1 more and has a clause for about £11m which Wednesday are rumoured to be thinking of going for, Rhodes went for what £9m? and he scored less than Kodjia, if anyone wants him you'd hope they'd have to cough up a lot.

True. Everyone else wants stupid money, why not us! £8 million minimum. 

LJ cancelling his press conference to talk Kodjia into staying? Who knows? The LJ thing today was weird and something must be going on be it a signing or someone thinking about leaving. I'd hate him to leave but as we've seen with the Chinese league and Ramires, Hulk, Teixera and Jackson Martinez, footballers can be mercenaries. If they want to give him 25k a week and a big bonus for promotion, I could see him looking into it. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

LJ cancelling his press conference to talk Kodjia into staying? Who knows? The LJ thing today was weird and something must be going on be it a signing or someone thinking about leaving. I'd hate him to leave but as we've seen with the Chinese league and Ramires, Hulk, Teixera and Jackson Martinez, footballers can be mercenaries. If they want to give him 25k a week and a big bonus for promotion, I could see him looking into it. 

Your right but he's under contract. 

If there's a release clause then different matter. 

Of course it would need to be a stellar bid if you compare his return vs others who have been sold for a lot more. 

This ain't happening though on this occasion. 

3 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Of course it would need to be a stellar bid if you compare his return vs others who have been sold for a lot more. 

I tend to agree. 

Derby - probably not. 

Newcastle, however, would worry me a lot. 

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I tend to agree. 

Derby - probably not. 

As far as I'm aware Newcastle are not looking at him, it's not been a topic of conversation and it would usually be.

That said I'm not told everything (obviously) but I'd think in this instance I would. 

12 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

I get that. Just saying I could see him talking with his agent if something did come up but it would have to be at a price we are comfortable with. I imagine that price is quite high when it comes to teams in our division. 

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I tend to agree. 

Derby - probably not. 

Hopefully Dwight Gayle is the only striker they're after. Could see 1 of Mitrovic and Perez staying as well. They'll be scary good this year I think

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

The club who spent £20m odd last summer wouldn't be able to afford him...?

Well... They spent that on a fair few players. And that expenditure makes them less likely to do it again (doesn't it?).

I'm not sure they'd be in a position to spunk 10m on Kodjia.

Am I just clutching at straws here?

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Well... They spent that on a fair few players. And that expenditure makes them less likely to do it again (doesn't it?).

Pearson must have been given a war chest to take the job ..just not enough for Jimmy I'd say ..

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

They'd know how much they could afford for a transfer window, if they prioritised a striker and said it was key they would be able to afford him.

I really don't think Johnson would have given the date that Kodjia will be back training (the 4th) if he was expecting him to leave soon.

As for Newcastle, if they were interested we can change what we ask for based on their other signings this summer and our need for him. If they came sniffing I'd be telling them £15m plus add ons. Don't think he's worth that much, but in the market we have right now its a reasonable price to put on him.

Archived