IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

Would start to worry if it was prem teams linked to him. A big salary offer from a lower prem team may be enough to make him unhappy staying. Another championship club though I think we can persuade him isn't good enough for him to go.

he is going to be linked to everyone, its media speculation and 90% of the time comes to nothing, no point in worrying about it until there is a announcement that we have accepted and official bid from some one

Wouldnt be letting him go anywhere for 6.5mill.as many have said it will cost that if not more to replace a 20goal plus striker unless we find another bargain.imo Jonathan will be kicking off the season with us and if he continues the way he finished last season.could see a couple low end prem teams come in for him in January. Until then have no fear Kodjia is here.

12 hours ago, Spoons said:

If kodja wants out sell him, only need players 100% committed to cause . Get somewhere between £7-8 million?? Re invest it.

Always worried since he started to play for Ivory Coast that might be his ticket out of the gate, hopefully I'm wrong as he definatly improved and his link up with Tomlin was really working. 

If Kodjia wants ' out ' I would suggest that he gives his all up to the January transfer window and then ,if he's still keen on a move , he'll more than likely have bigger suitors than Villa or Brighton .

Don't think he'll go this season though .

No one goes in January. If we have poor season and he scores 15+ goals, he'll most likely be off next summer. And his value will be anything between £12m-£15m by then. That is assuming we'd agree to sell. And no one goes until a replacement has been signed. 

13 hours ago, City169 said:

The more clubs that are interested the more we can bump the price up. So far there's been rumours about interest from Wednesday, Villa, Brighton and Derby, any others I've missed?

If we are serious about pushing on we should be bidding too.

4 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The only thing that slightly worries me is that we look like spending £7-8M on players, can't see how we can possibly stay within FFP rules without selling one of our stars

We now how extra turnover and revenue streams we've never had before, don't under estimate that

Way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if kodja ended up in china. If they are prepared to make pelle the 5th highest paid footballer in the world on £260,000 a week or £13.6 million a year surely kodja would be worth a punt for one of the Chinese super clubs.

13 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The only thing that slightly worries me is that we look like spending £7-8M on players, can't see how we can possibly stay within FFP rules without selling one of our stars

10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We now how extra turnover and revenue streams we've never had before, don't under estimate that

And SL can top up £5m (I think) to help smooth things over, if needed

The way I read the FFP was can't lose more than £39m over a 3 year period. So if we lost say £7m last season(guess I don't know) and lose say £16m this year l, that is only £23m over 3 years meaning we could lose another £16m the next year and be within the rules in that scenario. What we actually lost last year and project to lose this year, I do not know but a big loss this year doesn't necessarily mean we are in a bind financially or in danger of breaching FFP. 

14 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Given we've typically been losing £10m a season can't see the increase being enough (SL predicted an extra £7m a season from the new stand) once you take the extra wages we'll be paying as well.

45 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Said it before, SL said that 20k average (that includes increased away support too, not suggesting 20k STs) would bring £7-8m increase in revenue.  And we might top that if we get on a run.

As @GrahamC stated earlier in the window....he thought about £5-6m which probably was 2 main signings, a couple of free transfers and maybe a couple of small fees for younger players.  Don't think he was a million miles (or pounds) away.  Can't see us spending £10m+.  Graham - correct me if I'm way out.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

The way I read the FFP was can't lose more than £39m over a 3 year period. So if we lost say £7m last season(guess I don't know) and lose say £16m this year l, that is only £23m over 3 years meaning we could lose another £16m the next year and be within the rules in that scenario. What we actually lost last year and project to lose this year, I do not know but a big loss this year doesn't necessarily mean we are in a bind financially or in danger of breaching FFP. 

I'm pretty sure we're only allowed £13m this season as it's only our 2nd year, the 'average £13m' only applies after you've been in the league at least 3 seasons.

15 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I'm pretty sure we're only allowed £13m this season as it's only our 2nd year, the 'average £13m' only applies after you've been in the league at least 3 seasons.

Could be. It's only how I read it and don't remember seeing that. Also can't you break transfer fees down over the length of the contract? Or is that something to do with larger fees? Thought I've read somewhere you could break it down. Example this lad from Juve will cost €3m on a 3 year deal so would effect our budget as his wages for the year plus €1m to Juve

Point is, is that I think there are ways to soften how our losses look per season and it isn't as simple as we've spent 5m and add that straight to our losses 

13 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

We can lose as much as we like 

Just ask QPR Leeds etc

Nothing ever seems to get done if you brake the ffp rules

24 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Could be. It's only how I read it and don't remember seeing that. Also can't you break transfer fees down over the length of the contract? Or is that something to do with larger fees? Thought I've read somewhere you could break it down. Example this lad from Juve will cost €3m on a 3 year deal so would effect our budget as his wages for the year plus €1m to Juve

Point is, is that I think there are ways to soften how our losses look per season and it isn't as simple as we've spent 5m and add that straight to our losses 

I'm no accountant, but I'm assuming it is based on the a Profit & Loss report from the annual accounts (subject to some things being taken out, e.g. Academy costs).  So if we've agreed a £3m paid equally over 3 seasons, then in effect only £1m should come out each year.  Obviously there'll be another £1m next year, and we mustn't forget similar deals from previous seasons.  What I don't think you can do is take a £3m fee and divide it by the contract years if you've paid it all up front.

However, From a Balance Sheet perspective I believe the asset is depreciated over the contract length.

But then again, I could be completely wrong....and I bet it's not that simple either.

On an aside we are starting to see the effect of Brexit on fees.  Reported today that Jansen's move to Spurs would  have been £1.5m cheaper had it been completed before the Euros when the £:€ rate was more favourable.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I'm no accountant, but I'm assuming it is based on the a Profit & Loss report from the annual accounts (subject to some things being taken out, e.g. Academy costs).  So if we've agreed a £3m paid equally over 3 seasons, then in effect only £1m should come out each year.  Obviously there'll be another £1m next year, and we mustn't forget similar deals from previous seasons.  What I don't think you can do is take a £3m fee and divide it by the contract years if you've paid it all up front.

However, From a Balance Sheet perspective I believe the asset is depreciated over the contract length.

But then again, I could be completely wrong....and I bet it's not that simple either.

On an aside we are starting to see the effect of Brexit on fees.  Reported today that Jansen's move to Spurs would  have been £1.5m cheaper had it been completed before the Euros when the £:€ rate was more favourable.

Don't get me started on exchange rates. Brexit hitting my bank account hard exchanging to USD. 

I didn't mean it as if we've paid the fee up front. Obviously that would come out of this budget and it may be the case for all smaller fees but in my example I meant I think you can only make payments for the duration of the contract of you are making payments. Like I said for Magnusson if we are reported to agreed a €3m fee, it could be we are paying Juve €1m per as its a reported 3 year deal. 

My point was I'm not too worried with the fees we are paying and FFP. I think everyone knows their budget and I'm sure they're using every advantage they can to get the players they want in. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Don't get me started on exchange rates. Brexit hitting my bank account hard exchanging to USD. 

I didn't mean it as if we've paid the fee up front. Obviously that would come out of this budget and it may be the case for all smaller fees but in my example I meant I think you can only make payments for the duration of the contract of you are making payments. Like I said for Magnusson if we are reported to agreed a €3m fee, it could be we are paying Juve €1m per as its a reported 3 year deal. 

My point was I'm not too worried with the fees we are paying and FFP. I think everyone knows their budget and I'm sure they're using every advantage they can to get the players they want in. 

Yeah, I get you.....and yes there are ways....it's as simple as not spending too much more than we get in!

Once again I've no idea what really goes on, but I don't think it is as simple as saying we've got a transfer kitty of £10m, go ahead and spend it.

I suspect there's a Finance 'bod' entering numbers into a spreadsheet every time we look at the finances of a deal to see what it means to many things, e.g. FFP, Cashflow, Bank Overdraft etc etc.

Of course Football Manager dies all if that for us!

10 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Not even a teeny bit?

Honestly no. It would be madness to sell our top scorer two and a half weeks before the season starts. I really don't think we are that clueless. :fingerscrossed:!

Archived