IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Not sure where the Birmingham Mail have got their valuation of £6.5m for Kodjia unless he has a release clause in his contract (which I hope not) but surely we have to be looking at a lot more than that when put up against comparables (McCormack & Rhodes).

And 20% (?) to go back to Angers.

30 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

One thing these big clubs need to realise is that all though they have the money from coming down, clubs like us that don't need to sell will and can ask for a lot or quite simply, they won't be sold. I'm sure the likes of Newcastle and villa will think they can buy promotion straight away but it will come at a cost and a very big cost if they aren't successful.

But the problem is if these big teams come in the players may want to go. Villa and Newcastle are massive clubs.

Given the state of the market, kodjias ability and potential, and the money we know the interested clubs have coupled with their desperation to buy a 20+ goal striker, I think it is fair to say if we were to sell, we should ask for minimum 15 mill but closer to 20mill. Sounds ridiculous but the way things stand, we are in a strong position

Agree with all that we don't need to sell and we really shouldn't even entertain the thought of selling for anything less than the cost of a proven replacement, which is easily £10-12m at current market rate. 

The only concern I have is that his head could be turned. You'd hope the opportunity we've given him and the team spirit we have would be enough, but it'll come down to money. If they're willing to stump up the fee and the wages, he could go. 

I'd be gutted if he went because he is magic. I really think he could be lethal this season with Tomlin pulling the strings behind him. I'm convinced Kodjia is a second ahead of most, and I think Tomlin is right there with him. I cannot wait to see those two find their form together. Jog on Villa

9 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Agree with all that we don't need to sell and we really shouldn't even entertain the thought of selling for anything less than the cost of a proven replacement, which is easily £10-12m at current market rate. 

The only concern I have is that his head could be turned. You'd hope the opportunity we've given him and the team spirit we have would be enough, but it'll come down to money. If they're willing to stump up the fee and the wages, he could go. 

I'd be gutted if he went because he is magic. I really think he could be lethal this season with Tomlin pulling the strings behind him. I'm convinced Kodjia is a second ahead of most, and I think Tomlin is right there with him. I cannot wait to see those two find their form together. Jog on Villa

I hope he remembers how long it has taken him to settle here, not just on the pitch but off it too, he doesn't know England that well yet, so i think he should take his time before relocating again.

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I hope he remembers how long it has taken him to settle here, not just on the pitch but off it too, he doesn't know England that well yet, so i think he should take his time before relocating again.

I think this is a bit wishful thinking, he didnt know england at all before he came to us. A 3 or 4 year contract at villa on 25k per week would pretty much set him up for life. Unless we are prepared to match it, i cant see how we could expect him not to put a transfer request in if that was on offer.

Agree with you both @Port Said Red and @cynic.

I would hope our new projected confidence as a club and our dealings thus far are enough to show JK that there's no reason to go anywhere. I would hope too that he remembers how we've helped him settle and that in playing for us, he's now playing for his country. 

You cannot deny Villa are a big club though, so there may be some pull, regardless of how mental they are at board level and on the pitch.  

Time for the club to stand firm. Both for Kodjia and Flint. The signing of Korey was as important as Tomlin, so we cannot undermine all of that good work by entertaining offers for any of our players when we don't need to sell.

Im getting quite excited at seeing how this team develops. 

2 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Let's be honest, if we needed to offer him a 25k contract, there is no question, he must be given it, deserves it and is worth it. There aren't many that could replace him and all that he offers

And certainly not for less that 12 million. How much is Andre Gray worth now do we think?

I get Villa are a mess of a club and had a bad season last year but they can pay more wages and most likely Kodjia will have no idea about the mess at Villa and his agent will only be telling him how much money he'll be making. Villa can turn his head but that doesn't mean we should just let him go for peanuts. 

19:20

KODJIA TO VILLA?

Bristol City striker Jonathan Kodjia is on the radar of Aston Villa, according to the Birmingham Mail.

The Ivory Coast international, who scored 20 last season, would cost Villa in excess of £6.5million if they can get the deal done.

IMO if the worst were to happen and Kodjia was sold for such a pittance as to what the Birmingham post are reporting, then this would be just as poor a decision as it was to let Bob Taylor leave for peanuts.

hopefully the board will tell them to come back when they at least double it.

Just saw some Brighton fan on Twitter saying that they might getting him... Everyone wants him so means they would have to pay our asking price! Hopefully over 12 million! But shouldn't let him go unless we have a replacement signed up who will score those goals

If kodja wants out sell him, only need players 100% committed to cause . Get somewhere between £7-8 million?? Re invest it.

Always worried since he started to play for Ivory Coast that might be his ticket out of the gate, hopefully I'm wrong as he definatly improved and his link up with Tomlin was really working. 

3 hours ago, simon uk said:

I think this is a bit wishful thinking, he didnt know england at all before he came to us. A 3 or 4 year contract at villa on 25k per week would pretty much set him up for life. Unless we are prepared to match it, i cant see how we could expect him not to put a transfer request in if that was on offer.

If he's under contract to us, he stays....end of !

Archived