IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

4 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

http://goo.gl/SMmQba

No idea if they're reliable, looks to be a fan based website to me but wasn't it something like that who initially broke the Kodjia to us story last season?

Remember the JK story breaking on twitter last summer, can't remember if it was this website or a journo that it came from though.....although, worryingly, that website did look familiar.....

15 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

James Wilson is a good shout tbh. He's now behind Rooney, Martial, Zlatan and Rashford. Think he's been left behind with the U21s for preseason as well. He'd have plenty of suitors you'd think. If we did sell Kodjia for say £10m and picked up Wilson for £3-4m? Then on paper it would look like good business. We wouldn't know about on the pitch unless it happened but he's got goals in him and looked a threat for Brighton. 

I watched James Wilson a fair bit last season for Brighton and I don't think that he's worth a look, I know most Brighton fans wouldn't want him back.

5 minutes ago, M.D said:

I watched James Wilson a fair bit last season for Brighton and I don't think that he's worth a look, I know most Brighton fans wouldn't want him back.

Being linked with Fulham this morning

I’d be surprised if a bid hadn’t been made. If it’s £5m, they’re testing the water. But they’ve gone in far far too low. I’d guess this suggests they’re not prepared to go above £7-8m at most. The club will have their own valuation on him based on the current market and how important he is to us. I’d be staggered if we accepted anything less than £10m. And again, as said many times before, we hold all the aces here. Don’t need to sell, and if we do, at a substantial profit and only when a replacement has been signed and sealed. £5m??? That’s “Big Club” entitlement for you.

4 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

I’d be surprised if a bid hadn’t been made. If it’s £5m, they’re testing the water. But they’ve gone in far far too low. I’d guess this suggests they’re not prepared to go above £7-8m at most. The club will have their own valuation on him based on the current market and how important he is to us. I’d be staggered if we accepted anything less than £10m. And again, as said many times before, we hold all the aces here. Don’t need to sell, and if we do, at a substantial profit and only when a replacement has been signed and sealed. £5m??? That’s “Big Club” entitlement for you.

It says 'the club are apparently holding out for 5m' that's gotta be bullshit, surely?

7 minutes ago, M.D said:

Fair enough. I'm haven't seen Brighton many times but he was usually in the highlights for them and right in the middle of the action. I know he came off the bench quite a bit for them. Maybe for them who were looking to go up automatically he may not have been ideal but he's only 20 and he could definitely develop into a strong striker IMO. 

I got a bad feeling this villa interest has got some legs....would be a real shame if Kodjia's head gets turned so close to the start of the season and after a great summer of transfer activity. Want this rumour to go away but think we may have a fight on our hands

4 minutes ago, RedSA said:

It says 'the club are apparently holding out for 5m' that's gotta be bullshit, surely?

So it does. No f-ing way. Let's try and rationalise this. We've had a great transfer window so far. Got our main man, bought some exciting young players. Mark Ashton et. al been as good as their word. The club's delivered. Can we really, honestly, truly believe the same people are prepared to sell our main striker for only £5m??? I can't. 

10 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I really do hope so.

With SL, MA & LG talking about the realistation of bloated Prices/Wages in this league if the ' Bristol City are holding out for around £5m ' is true that would be literally bonkers

His market value has to be 8.5m (with add ons) at the VERY least

I also think that £5m isn't nearly enough, and that LJ would be mad to allow it, but I think the club would happily take £5m. If they've offered £5m then he'll probably be off by the end of the week.

Looking at who is available, I cannot think of a single striker that could match his goal tally that wouldn't cost more than £5m.

14 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I got a bad feeling this villa interest has got some legs....would be a real shame if Kodjia's head gets turned so close to the start of the season and after a great summer of transfer activity. Want this rumour to go away but think we may have a fight on our hands

Same here.  Gut feeling - he's off. 

2 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

I also think that £5m isn't nearly enough, and that LJ would be mad to allow it, but I think the club would happily take £5m. If they've offered £5m then he'll probably be off by the end of the week.

Looking at who is available, I cannot think of a single striker that could match his goal tally that wouldn't cost more than £5m.

If we let him go for £5m (we won't, but let's pretend we do), the club will have undermined all the hard work over the summer. 

The club should think very carefully before considering selling JK to a rival Championship club imo.

If a PL club comes in with an acceptable (i.e.huge) offer, that's a different matter, a real career changer for Kodjia and very hard to stand in his way.

He's a huge asset who is vital to our prospects so I'd accept nothing less than 12m., let's see how much the money bags clubs really want him.

I wouldn't surprise me if other teams were looking at Jimmy, having watched him all year we all know he can occasionally need 5 shots for 1 goal, but in terms of skills he has everything and just needs fine tuning. 

No1 would have believed a French signing for 2.2mil, who had only ever played League 2 in France would score 21 goals in first season for a mainly struggling team.... So there will be plenty of other similar 'gems' about and I have more confidence now with MA/Scouting network that we will be aware of these players. 

If we are going to live with the big boys we really do need to play hard off the pitch as well as on it. That means setting a figure that makes it worth OUR while not there's.

Its a tough game we are playing now so we have to act tough. We know what he is worth to us. They DONT obviously,.5M  What a joke. Well, I'm not laughing.

No player at our club is unsellable. I'm sure Ashton and Lee would have had a conversation at the start of the summer knowing that there would be interest in some of our players. I'm sure they have identified a price they are willing to let anyone go for and hopefully have lined up possible replacements and the money they would need if that should happen. Trust in the dynamic duo

8 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Let him go at any price and the club will undo what they have done this summer.

he can't be replaced especially at short notice prior to season. Would see a huge negative impact on fans and results 

Villa want him for a reason to score goals to get them out of this div, problem is so do we; bigger problem is.....if they want him they can and will take him.

If the club got offered 8m+ I believe they would accept that offer. The issue as stated above is he would be incredibly difficult to replace, and I don't think there's enough goals or quality in the other strikers at the club at the moment to get us the goals we need. Would be a real shame if he left as it would leave the side looking a lot weaker, and we have had a successful summer so far, but Villa are no doubt a big pull. Unfortunately I think this is a realistic rumour. All we can do is put faith in Ashton and hope Kodjia stays with us COYR

6 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Let him go at any price and the club will undo what they have done this summer.

he can't be replaced especially at short notice prior to season. Would see a huge negative impact on fans and results 

Exactly. Big test for the board this. Sends a message to our competitors if we let one of our prize assets go for pittance. Says we're the club that lets the bigger boys walk all over us. That all it takes is a few million and we'll surrender. How serious are we about promotion in the next few years? We're about to find out. 

Daniel Levy at Spurs has a reputation as being a complete bas**rd to do business with. Hard as nails negotiator. That's what we should aspire to. You may eventually get one of our gems but it'll be on our terms and for the right money. And when we say. 

Archived