IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Surprised nobody has said they got no passion or some nonsense like that.     Didn't read the text above 

Care to tell us what they have got in them?

I see a team that basically started with a 1 goal headstart losing and struggling to break down a side that has a talent pool of players to choose from no bigger than Bristol's ameteur footy leagues. I don't mean in quality but in terms of numbers they should not be able to put together a side that is beating England.

3 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Iceland....ICELAND FFS!!!!

I wonder what our excuse will be today. Can't use the old 'Iceland turned up and stuck 11 behind the ball to defended all game'

The heat? Oh no, we`re playing a country that`s buried under ten feet of ice for 8 months of the year, best not use that one then.

To think. My drunken rant on here after the Russia game hasn't changed anything. I still maintain my views were correct and ever since, we've been god awful. Even the Wales game, they were poor.

Our football is shocking, predictable and boring. This was supposed to be the tournament where the young players of the 2014 world cup would bring through the quality and experience needed for these Euro's. 

No shape, no controlling the game, out battled all over the pitch. 

Iceland fully deserve to be winning, and look at dangerous as us when they go forward. 

Still expect us to win, based on we surely can play no worse, but starting to wonder. Having watched Germany, Italy, Belgium recently we are a country mile behind, whatever the score today.

The problem in the group stage was that each of the three teams that we came up against was playing for a draw (obviously very frustrating to watch).  Today should be a far more open game as there has to be a winner, however we've now given Iceland the opportunity to park the proverbial (which they are doing in emphatic style) - I predict an equally frustrating second half and can't see the score changing. Happy to be proven wrong though!

17 minutes ago, smokey live said:

:laugh:. Im not angry like I thought i would be, this is almost comical.

This.

A truly pathetic first half performance. Joe Hart…feeble…born loser. Good for Iceland…deserve to be in front and it probably matters a darn sight more to them. Comical indeed.

Needs a massive turnaround in the second half.

We're now losing to a 4-4-2 team using set pieces. Remember when we beat Germany away 3-2 playing 4-4-2 with Kane & Vardy up front and NEVER PLAYED IT AGAIN? 

Why are we making so many changes each match?

Why are we so shapeless? Why are we playing players out of form? Why are we carved open so easily?

Can we not for once just be an average team for our size! 

Really pleased for Iceland, they have been fantastic.

As for England, dear oh dear, I don't normally go on about "passion" but watching the gutless prima donna Sturridge, does anyone seriously think he is putting as much in as Italy's players did earlier or Iceland's are now?

Archived