IGNORED

Euros in sports bar and concourse

Mkelly

Very pleased.  City shirts also very welcome!

BBC and ITV had cameras there today as well as Heart FM and SAM FM.  Great feedback about our club, so good for the stadium and fans to be getting positive exposure.

Also great to see such a friendly atmosphere amongst all the fans.

The bar is now full with a group of Polish who have adopted it as their bar for the championship.   

8 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

BBC and ITV had cameras there today as well as Heart FM and SAM FM.  Great feedback about our club, so good for the stadium and fans to be getting positive exposure.

The bar is now full with a group of Polish who have adopted it as their bar for the championship.   

Going to be interesting if we play them later on!

31 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

Nice to hear that!

2 hours ago, P'head Red said:

Worth mentioning that that clip has over 1.7 million views!

Best bit of free advertising the club could ever have wished for. It really is a fantastic facility that we can be proud of. Bet someone somewhere is wishing they built it bigger now.

1 hour ago, Mkelly said:

It's great to see that the Stadium is making money during the off season. In previous seasons the Stadium was a ghost town throughout the summer. It's also great that we have been able to attract other nationalities to the Stadium. You never know some may be impressed by their experience and start to attend our games.

It's such a shame we are not able to also use the outside screen. Hopefully in future this may change as I can see Ashton Gate becoming the go to venue during tournaments.

2 hours ago, Mkelly said:

Polish fans?

Mr Sheen. Coming over here.....

33 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

Did anyone on here go yesterday? What sort of time did the bar itself get full and late arrivers put in the concourse? Aiming to go for a knockout game so want to ensure we get let into the bar.

I got there just after 12 and there was already at least 50 in there. i think they stopped letting in between 1.15-1.30 so half hour before kick off,

i think it will only get busier though, especially with the coverage the bar got yesterday, was absolutely mental when we scored, i got drenched in beer, cracking atmosphere.

35 minutes ago, jimross2005 said:

I got there just after 12 and there was already at least 50 in there. i think they stopped letting in between 1.15-1.30 so half hour before kick off,

i think it will only get busier though, especially with the coverage the bar got yesterday, was absolutely mental when we scored, i got drenched in beer, cracking atmosphere.

put a big screen on the pitch and open a stand ;)

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

put a big screen on the pitch and open a stand ;)

Or if it is likely to be that busy again, open a section of the south stand.

They can show the game on the multiple of TV's, open a bar or two and make more money and gain further exposure.

Should really be considered if/when England make the last 16.

If possible, I'd like to go if they did open it up more. May need an umbrella though.

2 minutes ago, Scrumpy said:

Or if it is likely to be that busy again, open a section of the south stand.

They can show the game on the multiple of TV's, open a bar or two and make more money and gain further exposure.

Should really be considered if/when England make the last 16.

thats already open isn't it?

Archived