IGNORED

Euros in sports bar and concourse

Mkelly

All England games will be shown on the large screen with a small screen on the bottom right streaming the other games.  This is no change to how the screen has been used to date.

Clearly we got the message confused on this on our SM.

I do suggest early arrival tonight as we have had a lot of interest since the viral video of the celebrations and the concourse will be open too.

It is great to see so many of our season ticket holders come to the Euros to date and I hope that this continues.

Thinking of coming down to the Sports bar tonight for the England game, so a couple of questions ;

Is it likely to reach capacity? How long before kick-off does it start to get busy?

If it gets full do you get turned away at the door? 

Will England stay in Europe? :)

Cheers

• Admin
31 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Thinking of coming down to the Sports bar tonight for the England game, so a couple of questions ;

Is it likely to reach capacity? How long before kick-off does it start to get busy?

If it gets full do you get turned away at the door? 

Will England stay in Europe? :)

Cheers

They will be showing it in the Sports Bar, the Heineken Lounge, the Lansdown Club & the South Stand Concourse. If you arrive too late to gain entry to the Sports Bar (previous matches suggest this happens 30-60mins before kick off) they will direct you to one of the other areas. According to Mark Kelly there were 3600 down there for the Wales game so it seems we can accommodate a fair old number.

12 minutes ago, Ian M said:

They will be showing it in the Sports Bar, the Heineken Lounge, the Lansdown Club & the South Stand Concourse. If you arrive too late to gain entry to the Sports Bar (previous matches suggest this happens 30-60mins before kick off) they will direct you to one of the other areas. According to Mark Kelly there were 3600 down there for the Wales game so it seems we can accommodate a fair old number.

3600? Or 360?

24 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I hope the Polish contingent still feel welcome down The Gate, I'd hate to think that anyone would feel nervous about attending any of the remaining matches of Euro 16.

Everyone welcome even the blue few :gasmask:

2 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Even if everyone down there only spent £10 down there that's still £36k from one afternoon. 

However if everyone had spent what I did that day I can imagine there are some extremely happy people down the gate! 

I can imagine @Mkelly ringing SL half way through the night and excitedly announcing "We've taken 1 Tomlin-week!!". And then as the night draws to a close "We've taken a Tomlin-fortnight on the bar alone!"

7 hours ago, Ian M said:

No they aren't. Only the main sports bar open! 

Just got down here and wouldn't let us in the concourse, so I'd turn up early if I were you! 

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No they aren't. Only the main sports bar open! 

Just got down here and wouldn't let us in the concourse, so I'd turn up early if I were you! 

Incredible if they don't open those areas up. Get huge exposure on Social Media with over 8m views, 200k likes 10k comments making everyone want to go there after 3600 attend the Wales game and then limit our first knockout game to 400 people? Surely not?

15 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Incredible if they don't open those areas up. Get huge exposure on Social Media with over 8m views, 200k likes 10k comments making everyone want to go there after 3600 attend the Wales game and then limit our first knockout game to 400 people? Surely not?

Own goal by club if this is true, especially after the club has had some excellent feed back so far regards bar/ concourse etc

Response from Mark. 

Just the bar is open tonight, still space in there now. It can fit 600 in there. The take up wasn't massive last Monday hence no other areas open tonight, plus there is another event taking place in the concourse. 

Provided we get through to the next round, our next game would be Sunday and there will another update then as to what will be available at the ground for then.

Hope that helps. Mark is gutted it won't be England v Ireland on Sunday for obvious reasons. 

Archived