IGNORED

England v Russia

reddogkev

Now then, we begin tonight on our journey to win Euro 2016, that's right, I said win it.

I back us because of our attacking power; if our glut of forward players get it right on the night, this could be a marvellous English Summer of glory.

Alternatively, it could be a summer of shame if the following things occur: Wales beat us, we don't make it from the group, and the English lager louts continue to toss bar chairs and bottles into the air.

Side bar - Why is their always some drunk, topless fat Englishman dancing around like a prat???

But back onto tonight, and I tip a slow start, a 1-1 draw with Rooney scoring for us, but we will win the next two games and start to build unstoppable momentum...

COME ON, ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!

53 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Now then, we begin tonight on our journey to win Euro 2016, that's right, I said win it.

I back us because of our attacking power; if our glut of forward players get it right on the night, this could be a marvellous English Summer of glory.

Alternatively, it could be a summer of shame if the following things occur: Wales beat us, we don't make it from the group, and the English lager louts continue to toss bar chairs and bottles into the air.

Side bar - Why is their always some drunk, topless fat Englishman dancing around like a prat???

But back onto tonight, and I tip a slow start, a 1-1 draw with Rooney scoring for us, but we will win the next two games and start to build unstoppable momentum...

COME ON, ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!

Bit early to be on the old moonshine isn't it? Seriously think England will be shown up this tournament because of the shambles of the back line

40 minutes ago, Craven arms said:

2-0 Russia but don't worry England will get out of the group you only need 1 point to progress.

With 1 point we might need goal difference to get through then :whistle: :)

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

We only know how to attack so please, for once England, don't go into the game with the usual "don't lose the first game" mentality.... If we go down fighting no one will complain, if we go out with a whimper it will be unforgivable.

We need to get at them. A Russian journo on 5live this morning was saying basically that their defence is crap and too old.

England played as well as I've seen for ages. Quick, aggressive, positive but ultimately unlucky. Russia had one serious effort on goal and scored with a looping header that went in. Bloody hard luck for England,

That all said, Sterling pissed me off with his determination to beat one more defender and then not deliver. He was a weak link in my view. On came Milner to replace him and then he failed to stop the guy who played the cross......:facepalm:

Anothet draw against Wales on Thursday I reckon. Then we'll really be in the shit.....

6 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

I didn't think anyone could be worse than Rooney then along came Kane:facepalm: total waste of space

Bit harsh, admittedly he did not offer a goal threat but he did cleverly win a number of free kicks for us. I thought it was Sterling who was really poor, had 3 or 4 chances on breaks and each time ended up losing possession. Ultimately messing about passing the ball along the line at the back cost us the 3 pts, if moments before we conceded possession we would have played the ball forward we would have seen the game out.

Have to agree that Sterling was really poor. No end product at all. The reason Kane did nothing was because he got next to no service. Drop Sterling for the Welsh match, get some service to Kane & bring on Vardy as an impact substitute. If Sterling isn't good enough for Man City, he's not good enough for England. Play someone who is on form Roy!!

Kane having to take the corners because no one else seems able to do it. That's what a wide player should be doing not your centre forward who is a good header of the ball. Because of course Sterling is a real danger at corners.... 

• why no Vardy on for Kane as game stretched.
  • Kane, corners, no...just stop it
  • MIlner on to shore up 1-0......hmmm... sterling did a better job tbh
  • Rooney did well , soooo slow though
  • pleased with Walker and Rose/ Lallana and Dier
  • Alli - ok
  • Russia were awful 1st half and improved a bit 2nd
  • didnt lose and should get out of this group anyway

Cannot fault the players tonight bar Kane and Sterling who both had poor games I thought but I can accept that.

But I have had it with Hodgson, everyone could see Russia were slow and a player like Vardy to be brought on would have been crucial in extending our lead it was set up for him tonight. Then he opts to take our most influential player off after the goal in Rooney and decides to sit deep which we cant do.

That 2 points dropped is on him not the players who were excellent tonight

Why did Roy take Ronney off? I couldn't hear the commentators but i thought Rooney did ok and if anyone needed to come off it should of been Sterling! He did ok running at the defenders and he caused Russia some problems but there is never any end product, he got involved enough but he either slowed the ball down or didn't seem to have a clue what to do.

We played ok and there is not much to change but after tonight i think Wilshere needs to play and Kane needs to produce or get replaced by Sturridge.

4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

I don't. We'll beat Wales by at least 2 goals and turn over Slovakia. England should still win the group. 

Wales are a two man team. Ramsey and of course Bale who as we saw today can score pretty much from anywhere, I can't see England beating them. A draw at best and that'll put the Taffs through.

Roy's change of tactics has cost us that. We had them beat all over the park all night long. They were very very poor. 

Soon as he changed tactics (and brought Milner on) we sat back. We invited it on and allowed them to go at the weakest part of our team?!

Sterling should have come off after 70min for Vardy. We had 3 good breaks in the last 15 that would be Vardy bread and butter. 

Excellent 80 mins. Good team and tactics spot on. The change back to old England has cost us. Roy knows it. 

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Wales are a two man team. Ramsey and of course Bale who as we saw today can score pretty much from anywhere, I can't see England beating them. A draw at best and that'll put the Taffs through.

England have got far more quality than Wales, Alan. Sorry, but it'll be a comfortable England win.

Archived