IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda - Signed

Rocky

I don't think we spent the money on him to him be on the bench all the time. Better than Freeman or not, he's LJ's guy and Freeman isn't. I imagine some games a few won't make the bench that we've brought in. I imagine some will start some games and not others. Think LJ fancies himself a tactician(good track record so far I might add) and will have a different lineup depending on matchups. There will be mainstays like O'Neil, Tomlin, Kodjia and Flint but I can see everyone else getting rotated quite a bit. 

50 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

“Callum's success is another endorsement of our youth system. His development over the past two years is also testimony to the importance we place on nurturing and supporting talented young players and, of course, Michael Appleton's outstanding coaching skills.

"We are disappointed to be losing Callum as he was going to be an important member of the squad in the coming season. We wish him great success in the rest of his career and look forward to him being a regular visitor to the club.

"We have known of Callum's wishes for some while which has enabled us to plan for different outcomes. With a couple more players expected to join us over the next week or so, I believe we have a squad which is well equipped to have an exciting and successful campaign.”

Oxford chairmans comments. All sounds promising for a very good player.

All said and done, I feel we might even kick some arse next season!!!  Only time will tell.... Hold on to your pre arranged seats and enjoy the ride.......again x

49 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Do you know what, I'm as excited by this one as I am Tomlin. 

If That run on his Irish debut is anything to go by, then we've just signed a real diamond. 

Totally agree. How can you not be anything other than excited by this. Without heaping more pressure on the lad he covers the ground with the ball at feet like a young Ryan Giggs

14 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Totally agree. How can you not be anything other than excited by this. Without heaping more pressure on the lad he covers the ground with the ball at feet like a young Ryan Giggs

Excellent close control, particularly looking at some of the turnip patches he was playing on. Doesn`t mind a tackle back either.

13 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

I have to admit I knew very little of Callum odowda. But he looks some prospect watching that video. And your right . He to reminds me of Ryan giggs when he runs with the ball . Only difference is odowda has a right foot . Very excited to see him play

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Do you know what, I'm as excited by this one as I am Tomlin. 

If That run on his Irish debut is anything to go by, then we've just signed a real diamond. 

Without wanting to put a dampener on things, we've seen Ivan Sproule run like that - and score at the end of it! Beware the curse of the misleading YouTube video...

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Without wanting to put a dampener on things, we've seen Ivan Sproule run like that - and score at the end of it! Beware the curse of the misleading YouTube video...

Indeed, No player has a worst of you tube montage do they? I'm heartened by the fact he's been linked to the likes of Spurs, Liverpool in the last year and the fact that Derby were very happy to take him. Add to that didn't Martin O'Neil say he was the future of Irish football? I'd like to think he knows a thing or two about decent wingers. 

Don't get me wrong, the Championship is a hell of a step up and we must not judge him too early but he does seem to have all the natural attributes to make a good go of it.

5 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Likes to attack, quick feet, reminds of Freeman in some respects. 

This will be a huge step up. It will interesting to see how he gets on.

I thought that TBH. The difference between the two ( LF based on last season) is that C O`D seems always looking for the chance to play a good ball rather than beat players for the sake of it.

29 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I have to admit I knew very little of Callum odowda. But he looks some prospect watching that video. And your right . He to reminds me of Ryan giggs when he runs with the ball . Only difference is odowda has a right foot . Very excited to see him play

Your not releasing a CSF book soon, are you, with a live singeing?

1 hour ago, Sargent Pepper said:

O'Donnell

O'Neill

O'Dowda

Great work Bristol O'City!

(we just need O'Driscoll back now) :whistle:

O'No we don't!

Paddy O'Brien. "Tricky little inside left who scored both goals as Bristol City defeated Blackpool 2-0 in their first football league game in September 1901 Moved to Bristol City in July 1897 he scored 44 goals in 106 outings before moving to Swindon Town in July 1902"

How could you forget him?

Archived