IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda - Signed

Rocky

7 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

No it will be north of the border on loan I feel - won't be loaned to a championship club - he was at a league one club last season so would benefit from a step up 

Scunny were interested in him werent they although im not sure he would be first team player.

This sort of player shows why maybe City are in no rush to announce signings and maybe we could of had 3 over all over the line last week... But this wouldn't help negotiations when trying to get Lower league Gems.. if they know we are splashing the cash like there is no tomorrow.... e.g Oxford asking for 2 million rather then around the 1 million mark.... 

I really do think either keeping JK this season or getting him to sign a longer deal will one of the most important things we do even though we are bringing  in what seems  to be quality players , as well as filling the voids in the development squad. 

6 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

This sort of player shows why maybe City are in no rush to announce signings and maybe we could of had 3 over all over the line last week... But this wouldn't help negotiations when trying to get Lower league Gems.. if they know we are splashing the cash like there is no tomorrow.... e.g Oxford asking for 2 million rather then around the 1 million mark.... 

I really do think either keeping JK this season or getting him to sign a longer deal will one of the most important things we do even though we are bringing  in what seems  to be quality players , as well as filling the voids in the development squad. 

You'd like to think Kodjia is looking forward to linking back up with Tomlin (Tomlinson now sounds Icelandic).  Think it was 10 goals in his last 14 appearances with Tomlin in the side.

Anything like that ratio will either push a City up the list, or get him the move should he want one.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You'd like to think Kodjia is looking forward to linking back up with Tomlin (Tomlinson now sounds Icelandic).  Think it was 10 goals in his last 14 appearances with Tomlin in the side.

Anything like that ratio will either push a City up the list, or get him the move should he want one.

I think we should append all player names with 'sson' from now on, to give an Icelandic twist to our squad. 

For example Tomlinsson, Kodjiasson

Shame Flintsson's first name isn't Fred! 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I agree depends how happy he is happy to stay at City to see if we make a good go of a promotion push ( which I'm hopeful of ) or his agent gets talk of Villa,newcastle or maybe the most likely source to turn his head a newly promoted team to come putting bids in and then putting a transfer request...

He is 27 this year.....if I was him and I had no huge affection  for City.... I would be tempted to go to a new team....even though we brought him here and got him used to the country language etc....would you blame him....yes I know what about loyalty ..... I hope so!

35 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

I was thinking on a permanent basis to be honest, given he is the same age as O'Dowda it looks like it may never happen for him here

O'Dowda (age 19) has played League 2 and one game for Republic of Ireland.

Wes (age just 21)has played Championship, Leagues One & Two, quite a few for Wales Under 21 and involved in Wales squad pre the Euros.

I doubt we are trying to buy O'Dowda to replace Burns but to add to the future assets of BCFC and both may have a great future with us or be saleable assets in a few years.  

7 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

He's 21 not 19?

Ok, the same age. Impossible to compare them until we see both over a period. So we are, apparently, willing to pay over £1 million for O'dowda. But what is Burns worth? Less or more? 

Because we sign one, we don't necessarily have to sell another of the same age. Or even sell anyone at all!  

16 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

O'Dowda (age 19) has played League 2 and one game for Republic of Ireland.

Wes (age just 21)has played Championship, Leagues One & Two, quite a few for Wales Under 21 and involved in Wales squad pre the Euros.

I doubt we are trying to buy O'Dowda to replace Burns but to add to the future assets of BCFC and both may have a great future with us or be saleable assets in a few years.  

If we are looking to spend approx £1m + on a player 19 years old it will be for the first team, given Wes didn't nail a space down last season I can only see this pushing him further down the pecking order. How old is he going to be before he has to accept his future lies elsewhere?

4 hours ago, eastonboy said:

If Leaning was the goalie that day, then yes he did.

Seems around the right time for Leaning? 

4 hours ago, elruli said:

Who was the last player we signed from oxford. Gary shelton? Now he was good, swapped for the wally with a brolly if I recall.

Jeez, if he's half the player Shelts was and puts in half the effort we've got a hell of a player 

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Had a quick look at the yellows forum and a couple think its a done deal but by the looks at some of the posts on the rest of the thread they are off the rockers.

Apparently we are the west brom of the lower leagues and not a step up :rofl2br:

Taken them years to get back into a league we pissed two seasons ago after falling out of the footy league for a 4 or 5 seasons.

Im getting more and more assured by their bitterness that this kid is gonna be a good un.

ignore the idiots we are not all like it. you are getting a special talent and he will fit in at championship level no problem at all. I'm gutted he's going he's come through the ranks,would love him to take league 1 by storm but he's bristol bound. 

11 hours ago, Saunders87 said:

Got a feeling this one is a lot more advanced than we know and I reckon it would see Wes go out on loan somewhere probably north of the border 

Good shout!

Archived