IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda - Signed

Rocky

5 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

The last post on there O,Dowda thread is  showing us in a good light.

The guy is tipping us as promotion contenders (outside chance)

He's gona get some stick from the masses !!!

Like most forums there's some balanced views and a lot of fans are level headed. Plenty though can't stand the thought of one of their best players leaving and in their world their club is the biggest  on the planet. 

Apart from the cuckoos who are just deluded ******* 

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Like most forums there's some balanced views and a lot of fans are level headed. Plenty though can't stand the thought of one of their best players leaving and in their world their club is the biggest  on the planet. 

Apart from the cuckoos who are just deluded ******* 

Yeah God help us if someone comes in and makes a bid for Kodjia!!

hello to the better half of Bristol oxford fan here. o'dowda to you is from what I've been told is a done deal for 1.6 million and a 30% sell on fee. you are getting a huge talent he's quick beats defenders at will and is very direct. callum has a chip on his shoulder and some ox fans want rid now. his dad convinced him to sign a new contract last year so we didn't lose out on a decent transfer fee, it's a shame he wants out as he's 1 of our own, I know it's football but to lose roofe and now callum is a  bit to much to take, it's football and we will move on.. ignore some of our fans they tend to live in the 80s. I'll keep an eye on this thread. all the best for the season.  COYY 

5 hours ago, oxfordshirelad said:

hello to the better half of Bristol oxford fan here. o'dowda to you is from what I've been told is a done deal for 1.6 million and a 30% sell on fee. you are getting a huge talent he's quick beats defenders at will and is very direct. callum has a chip on his shoulder and some ox fans want rid now. his dad convinced him to sign a new contract last year so we didn't lose out on a decent transfer fee, it's a shame he wants out as he's 1 of our own, I know it's football but to lose roofe and now callum is a  bit to much to take, it's football and we will move on.. ignore some of our fans they tend to live in the 80s. I'll keep an eye on this thread. all the best for the season.  COYY 

What a nice young man. Why can't all opposition fans coming on here be as well mannered and considered as you?

Good luck for the coming season and if we do sign O'Dowda, fingers crossed he's as good as you say

6 hours ago, oxfordshirelad said:

You had me at better half of Bristol.

good luck for next season

Is this lad any better than Joey Bryan? Doubt it! Good squad player by the sounds of it. The way most Oxford fans are going on you'd think we had spent the last 10 years in the bottom division! Apparently they will be over taking us soon, watch out chaps....the yellow wall is coming!!

6 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Is this lad any better than Joey Bryan? Doubt it! Good squad player by the sounds of it. The way most Oxford fans are going on you'd think we had spent the last 10 years in the bottom division! Apparently they will be over taking us soon, watch out chaps....the yellow wall is coming!!

Never seen the lad play so wouldn't know, Bryan certainly needs to be more consistent watched him have some shocking games last season, this lad is going to provide good competition for places which is always good.

16 minutes ago, Selred said:

I'm slightly worried how much the fee will be on this thread at the end of the day. Started at £800k, then £1.3m, £1.4m and now £1.6m! 

Club record by tea time? 

what ever fee the papers quote, take 30% off and thats what we will have paid

40 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Bryan is a wingback. Not a full back or an out and out winger.

COD appears to be a wide forward so probably not fair to compare the two of them, especially without seeing what COD can offer.

It also gives LJ the option to play Bryan infield if/when needed or chooses. All about the depth of the squad and the quality we bring in.

1 hour ago, Cider red said:

Seen O'Dowda play so many times that you can say that with accuracy then? 

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I love it when a manager comes out and says things like:

- I don't know what's going on

- I'm just focusing on the players who are out here with me

If COD genuinely Ill, why not just say it.  Oh yeah, he's not really ill is he!

And I love it even more when their Chairman says:

- as far as I'm concerned COD is ill

plus there was no mention that he finally travelled.

7 hours ago, oxfordshirelad said:

Thanks for your great post. Brilliant fan. We have some fans that tend to live in the 80s aswell but I hope you get decent replacements for O'Dowda and Roofe and good luck next season

8 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Actually cant remember when we were at the same level as Oxford, must have been years ago they are a huge club clearly if you ask any of their fans

Unforrtunately I am old enough to remember when they played top level ...Old division one in the late seventies :laugh:... Unless i'm going daft :laugh:

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And I love it even more when their Chairman says:

- as far as I'm concerned COD is ill

plus there was no mention that he finally travelled.

He said he'll know more on Saturday, maybe debunking the rumours that he had a medical yesterday

47 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Seen O'Dowda play so many times that you can say that with accuracy then? 

bryan can play anywhere down the left and is pretty decent, he can also play central midfield, so he will be playing at some point this coming season

26 minutes ago, kevthered said:

Unforrtunately I am old enough to remember when they played top level ...Old division one in the late seventies :laugh:... Unless i'm going daft :laugh:

No your not going daft Kev.

They were in the top flight, but think it might have been later - in the 80s. They also won the league cup, as a result of which there main claim to fame is that they are the only major title/cup winer to be relegated out of the football league

21 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

His stats are probably lower on Football Manager....

I think that must be it. I am certain if we were signing a young winger from a prem team (Canos for example) who he hadn't ever seen play, he wouldn't be saying that. It's just snobbery about the player being league 2 and pretty unknown.

2 hours ago, chipdawg said:

What a nice young man. Why can't all opposition fans coming on here be as well mannered and considered as you?

Good luck for the coming season and if we do sign O'Dowda, fingers crossed he's as good as you say

cheers thank you. he is good and will no doubt in a year or 2 he will be a permanent fixture in the ROI. Martin O'Neil is very impressed and he was very close going to the euros. can we have freeman. we hate rovers and scummers just as much as you do

29 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think that must be it. I am certain if we were signing a young winger from a prem team (Canos for example) who he hadn't ever seen play, he wouldn't be saying that. It's just snobbery about the player being league 2 and pretty unknown.

As a City fan I find I'm more comfortable with us signing players from Oxford than I am from Juventus and Liverpool haha!!

Archived