IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda - Signed

Rocky

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

like Yannock Bolasie?

He was hardly regarded as our 'best young talent'. Generally. I remember he was a player who hadn't quite reached the levels of Albert Adomah who we wanted to see a bit more of as he was tricky and quite exciting. People thought he was going to have a good season prior to his sale but I don't think anyone would have predicted his increase in ability.

Besides, he was 23 when he left, by that sort of time most players are establishing themselves in a first team, not being described as 'young talents'.

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He was hardly regarded as our 'best young talent'. Generally. I remember he was a player who hadn't quite reached the levels of Albert Adomah who we wanted to see a bit more of as he was tricky and quite exciting. People thought he was going to have a good season prior to his sale but I don't think anyone would have predicted his increase in ability.

Besides, he was 23 when he left, by that sort of time most players are establishing themselves in a first team, not being described as 'young talents'.

the point I'm making still stands, I wouldn't pay 1m for potential, as if he doesn't fulfill it its an expensive flop like the 400k we spunked against the wall for Akindee,  

offer 250k cash plus ad-ons to make it well over a million 

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

the point I'm making still stands, I wouldn't pay 1m for potential, as if he doesn't fulfill it its an expensive flop like the 400k we spunked against the wall for Akindee,  

I'm pretty sure the fee for Akinde was 110,000 pounds .

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It's fast becoming the price for 'potential'. Pogba - 100m? What about Martial last season? Every year the price for talented young players increases. Every transfer is a calculated risk, some won't work out. But you can't use a few that didn't work as a reason to be overly cautious, you have to trust your own scouting.

If we signed no foreign players because Styvar didn't work out, we wouldn't have Kodjia. 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's fast becoming the price for 'potential'. Pogba - 100m? What about Martial last season? Every year the price for talented young players increases. Every transfer is a calculated risk, some won't work out. But you can't use a few that didn't work as a reason to be overly cautious, you have to trust your own scouting.

If we signed no foreign players because Styvar didn't work out, we wouldn't have Kodjia. 

We aren't in the same league as those tho' we don't have a billion pound TV deal fund over the odds deal,

If we were in the prem with prem money then yes I'm all for it, but if we were to part 1m for a kid then he better be coming as a first team player

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Can't we have some fun with this nob on twitter? Deluded *****, I quite like Oxford, best friend supports them and they think less of Swindon than we do....but this bloke sounds like a right ****

I was having fun he got touchy said I dressed like a tramp ;-)

17 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Admittedly a highlights video but if you check out his 10 minutes of best bits  you'll see he is producing right now.  Yes, at a lower level but his pace, strength, determination and skill are evident.  He would be adored at City if we got him and I can only see him flourish under LJ.

4 minutes ago, stokes7 said:

I was having fun he got touchy said I dressed like a tramp ;-)

I did have a quick look at lunchtime, nice to see a few had tucked into him already. He needs some work on his banter, he's pretty shit at it for someone with a big mouth. Can't work out if he's 14, or 41 and never got laid

6 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I did have a quick look at lunchtime, nice to see a few had tucked into him already. He needs some work on his banter, he's pretty shit at it for someone with a big mouth. Can't work out if he's 14, or 41 and never got laid

I know after calling me a tramp ( think my clothes look fine for a festival) I tried looking for a pic of him but I guess he is too embarrassed but it was a good bite I got off him pmsl

9 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Oh I'd also agree with the 2nd comment 41 and never been laid :laugh: 

30 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We aren't in the same league as those tho' we don't have a billion pound TV deal fund over the odds deal,

If we were in the prem with prem money then yes I'm all for it, but if we were to part 1m for a kid then he better be coming as a first team player

It's relative though isn't it, clearly they're in a different world to us financially. It's about calculated risk, I very much doubt it would be £1m upfront, it's pretty unheard of these days. The comparison to Akinde doesn't hold up really, some work out and some don't - but you can't apply that to all signings.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's relative though isn't it, clearly they're in a different world to us financially. It's about calculated risk, I very much doubt it would be £1m upfront, it's pretty unheard of these days. The comparison to Akinde doesn't hold up really, some work out and some don't - but you can't apply that to all signings.

thats the exact point i was making, that's why i compared him to akindee and bolasie (who was only 2 years older when we sold him)

14 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well if deluded fans would admit the obvious then there would be no need to go on. Every club we take a player from always digs at how much of a shit club we are not suprised we bite.

In the period leading up to Tomlin signing, there were plenty of our own fans on here saying how shit is our club and its management thus we can't get upset when outsiders have a pop.

3 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

You do realise all those cars belong to the gasheads on their last visit .

And as soon as they are released from nick, they'll pick them up.

2 hours ago, hodge said:

Hindsight is a beautiful thing, Bolasie barely showed anything with us though, he was a raw talent who developed massively once he moved to Palace, we made 4x the amount we bought him for and have a sell on clause, hardly a bad deal at the time considering he hadn't showed much of a sign of the player he has become.

You're right but we made far, far more than that.

We paid £20k and then sold him for £500k, which is 25 times as much.

For all those who bang on about what a disaster that was, no one else took the £20k punt, did they?

Archived