IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda - Signed

Rocky

11 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Same guy who claimed the medical was happening is saying the deal is €1.4 million.

Not sure why it would be in euros?

His source is from The Sun.

The bloke saying it is 1.4m euros is irish

12 minutes ago, Kodjia said:

The bloke saying it is 1.4m euros is irish

Yes I know, still, the deal is between to English teams, in £££'s.

Why bother changing it to Euro's? If Real bought Pogba for €100 million, that's how we'd talk about it. Not change it to pounds.

Anyway, each to their own!

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Why bother changing it to Euro's? If Real bought Pogba for €100 million, that's how we'd talk about it. Not change it to pounds.

We didn't change it to Euros and I disagree that we talk about every foreign transfer in their own currency, most of the time we talk about the fee in pounds

11 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

He's Irish and I think it's because in the main, his followers are from Ireland. He's not reporting as such for our benefit, mainly to his Irish followers who deal in euros. 

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He's Irish and I think it's because in the main, his followers are from Ireland. He's not reporting as such for our benefit, mainly to his Irish followers who deal in euros. 

Fair enough, still think it's a little strange personally, but, time will tell if he is right or not!

8 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Oxford are obviously a much bigger club

CnEnsISWYAAzmSA.jpg

If that top photo is of their players' car park then perhaps they are a bigger club than us!

6 hours ago, stokes7 said:

I was having fun he got touchy said I dressed like a tramp ;-)

What, stockings, suspenders, stilettos and a short dress and a tarty blouse?

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Same guy who claimed the medical was happening is saying the deal is €1.4 million.

Not sure why it would be in euros?

His source is from The Sun.

Steve L has a suitcase full of currency  left over from his recent trip to France and needs to use them up.

4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Tough for me to monitor those websites because I'm at Lulsgate waiting for the next arrival from Reykjavik. Unfortunately, it doesn't arrive until tomorrow morning at 10:10. Perhaps I'll fly to Newcastle and back while I'm waiting. I suppose that I can do that? Anyone know?

4 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

All in one day?

Can't see why not,  can I have a lift? 

Brilliant :clap:

13 minutes ago, 1414England said:

Some Oxford fan seems to think we have signed him, his later post says that is the talk between fans on their tour of Spain

image.png

#rumour does not fill me with great confidence but continued speculation and the fact he is in the right place for idle Oxford gossip at this moment in time is promising

Quote from the Oxford forum

' Can't help but think Callum has undersold himself by going for Bristol City. A bigger club certainly, but in the longer term I think it's unambitious. A great season for us in 16/17 would have set him up for a big PL club or a much bigger Championship club.'

:laugh:

Main part I laugh at though is how many Championship clubs at the top end spend £1m plus on league one players? Roofe went to Leeds for fairly big money, however again a mid table club, not many clubs at the top end of the division sign players from league one, they tend to sign the better players from the rest of the division or players dropping from the division above. League one players tend to go to lower to mid table clubs which fits exactly with us. As for a 'big PL club' :laugh: the only league 1 players who go to premier league clubs are those who incredible talents ie Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Dele Alli etc.

Archived