IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda - Signed

Rocky

9 hours ago, oxfordshirelad said:

hello to the better half of Bristol oxford fan here. o'dowda to you is from what I've been told is a done deal for 1.6 million and a 30% sell on fee. you are getting a huge talent he's quick beats defenders at will and is very direct. callum has a chip on his shoulder and some ox fans want rid now. his dad convinced him to sign a new contract last year so we didn't lose out on a decent transfer fee, it's a shame he wants out as he's 1 of our own, I know it's football but to lose roofe and now callum is a  bit to much to take, it's football and we will move on.. ignore some of our fans they tend to live in the 80s. I'll keep an eye on this thread. all the best for the season.  COYY 

Always good to hear a balanced view, only thing I find strange with this is the £1.6m AND a 30% sell on clause, if we're willing to spend that much on a fee for a player I can't see us being happy to put a healthy sell on clause in too, I would expect either a bigger fee and smaller sell on, or a smaller big with a big sell on clause.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

No your not going daft Kev.

They were in the top flight, but think it might have been later - in the 80s. They also won the league cup, as a result of which there main claim to fame is that they are the only major title/cup winer to be relegated out of the football league

The days of John Aldridge and Ray Houghton. Wigan have since joined that group of teams to win a major trophy and be relegated when they won the fa cup

2 hours ago, kevthered said:

Unforrtunately I am old enough to remember when they played top level ...Old division one in the late seventies :laugh:... Unless i'm going daft :laugh:

Like you, I also remember the 70's. In particular a game at Oxford in 73, where we lost 2-0. After the game, we were pursued by a group of Oxford fans from the ground back to the station. Arriving at the station, I waited on the platform for the train to London, where I was at London Uni. On the opposite platform, back to Bristol, were a large contingent of City fans, who assuming I was local started abusing me. Not a good day all in all ! :-)

So unfortunately we have been at Oxfords level...and lost to them..

1 hour ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Quite. I think he's referring to Oxford's relegation to the Conference about ten years ago though.

Yes I am.

39 minutes ago, Tonks51 said:

Like you, I also remember the 70's. In particular a game at Oxford in 73, where we lost 2-0. After the game, we were pursued by a group of Oxford fans from the ground back to the station. Arriving at the station, I waited on the platform for the train to London, where I was at London Uni. On the opposite platform, back to Bristol, were a large contingent of City fans, who assuming I was local started abusing me. Not a good day all in all ! :-)

So unfortunately we have been at Oxfords level...and lost to them..

Any one remember the Old Manor Ground?

i visited in about 1999 and have experienced anything like it before.

4 minutes ago, boatman said:

Been there loads, the last time was last year . Took my mrs to what is now a private health clinic (for her back). They have a plaque in the floor marking the center spot !

3 hours ago, oxfordshirelad said:

hahaha well I've been to the blue shed numerous times. only been to Ashton a couple of times. 

good luck for the season and smash reading 

I used to love reading Smash magazine.  What's it got to do with O'Dowda though?

PS It's Ashton Gate and you should try a revisit soon (might have one of your players playing) as it's all changed. :thumbsup:

33 minutes ago, boatman said:

Yes, went up there in 2000 after we both had a poor start to the season. We won 1-0 and went on a run that saw us in Play Off positions by late December.

The same season we beat the Gas at AG on Sky to ruin their Christmas.

Archived