IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda - Signed

Rocky

29 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

if I remember rightly Cheesley was carrying an injury, scored the opener and was virtually immediately subbed.

Yep, I think you'r e right. Cheese got the opener and Houseman the equaliser in a 1-1 draw. January '76.

Only 1 sub. in those days, wonder who the replacement was for Cheese? Fear or Brolly probably.

I just remember standing there soaked and freezing from the ride up, and 'not looking forward to the journey home neither.'

Oh, and City fans piling out of the ground at the end to one of that season's favourites, 'Aggro time la la la...'

51 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I was there! It was one of Flappers early games for City and he tried to boot a back pass up the pitch but missed it completely and the ball rolled into the net.......:facepalm:

That was Molyneux, unless he did it twice.

23 minutes ago, Malago said:

That was Molyneux, unless he did it twice.

It was definitely at the Manor Ground. I wasn't at Molynuex when he did it again but I did see on the TV. 

Looking back I'm guessing that Flapper had no serious competition for his place at City. 

8 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

tweeting players loads of questions is one thing, but actually tweeting a family member (who probably has no knowledge whatsoever of how the 'negotiations' are going) is just frightening! 

Get a ****ing grip!!!

4 minutes ago, cynic said:

Apparently his dad is his agent..

But yes, it is a bit weird.

....and according to LinkedIn, held senior positions in Thames Valley Police in Security Operations, so I reckon the 'tweeter' should start deleting his hard drive!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

You wanna read some of his (?) other tweets.  Assuming the 19 in his profile is either his age, but more llikely something else.

IQ? :shocking:

53 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Oh, and City fans piling out of the ground at the end to one of that season's favourites, 'Aggro time la la la...'

Funny ain't it......The triangle comprising  Oxfam, Reading & Swindle, only one of their "mobs" were no mugs, and it wasn't Reading or Swindle !

45 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It was definitely at the Manor Ground. I wasn't at Molynuex when he did it again but I did see on the TV. 

Looking back I'm guessing that Flapper had no serious competition for his place at City. 

At the time he didn't, but Pulis had very helpfully come out in the press and said he was looking for a new goalkeeper because we didn't have any good ones. Didn't do much good for the confidence of the young keeper who'd only just come through from the youth team.

Billy Mercer arrived not long afterwards.

23 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Funny ain't it......The triangle comprising  Oxfam, Reading & Swindle, only one of their "mobs" were no mugs, and it wasn't Reading or Swindle !

They were all off of Blackbird Leys mate, one of the roughest estates I`ve ever worked on outside London and right close to the Manor.

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The Manor Ground was certainly a curiosity as was The Dell which I visited  one night game when we faced a team comprising Terry Paine, Ron Davies and Mick Channon. Can't remember what year but we lost.

Monday 11th January 1971.

Lost 3-0.

Goals from Ron Davies (2) and Brian O'Neil.

Eric Martin, Joe Kirkup, Dennis Hollywood, John McGrath, Hugh Fisher, Brian O'Neil, Jimmy Gabriel, Tom Jenkins, Mick Channon, Ron Davies, Terry Paine. (Sub. Tony Byrne for Tom Jenkins)

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I remember the foggy one. Very odd to be behind the goal & see all the players literally disappearing over the halfway line, and having no idea what was going on down the other end.

Vague memories of Leaning (?) having to tell us that we had scored....or was I pissed?

25 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Monday 11th January 1971.

Lost 3-0.

Goals from Ron Davies (2) and Brian O'Neil.

Eric Martin, Joe Kirkup, Dennis Hollywood, John McGrath, Hugh Fisher, Brian O'Neil, Jimmy Gabriel, Tom Jenkins, Mick Channon, Ron Davies, Terry Paine. (Sub. Tony Byrne for Tom Jenkins)

That's the one - thank you very much. However you missed the part where, on the return drive home, my brother failed to negotiate a right hand bend on a very dark country road and drove his Rover 90 through a farm gate and straight into a ploughed field. Strange the things you remember from 45 years ago!

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

That's the one - thank you very much. However you missed the part where, on the return drive home, my brother failed to negotiate a right hand bend on a very dark country road and drove his Rover 90 through a farm gate and straight into a ploughed field. Strange the things you remember from 45 years ago!

Costly away trip

49 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They were all off of Blackbird Leys mate, one of the roughest estates I`ve ever worked on outside London and right close to the Manor.

First time (68) we all went thinking it would be all "studenty". WRONG. The amount we had there would have taken the Town End (or Tote) twice over.....not the London Rd. They battled back to share it, fair play.

Archived