IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda - Signed

Rocky

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

They may not want to sell but they certainly expect to having left him behind from their pre-season training camp.

Reported this morning that he's flown onto their training camp  after ' a short illness'    :whistle:which meant he didn't go with the rest of squad - so unlikely anything happening right now

Speaking with a mate whos an oxford fan and he was saying how the oxford fan base cant believe he would want to go to us :facepalm:

From a club who cant even muster home gates bigger than that of the gas and were non league for 5 years i have no idea why they are so deluded. They are gonna be worse than barnsley fans over brownhill.

Bloke in my office is an Oxford fan, asked him about COD and got the following, hes obviously very well thought of there.

Keep your mitts off him, he's not for sale!!

He bloody awesome and getting better all the time. When he broke into the senior squad a couple of years ago we thought he was a little bit light weight but in the last 2 seasons he's come on leaps and bounds under Appleton's guidance. We want to build our team around him so the gaff really doesn't want to sell him. He was linked with Derby last season but our valuation of him put the off, I believe we want over a million for him if we will even consider letting him go. But yes he fantastic so if he does leave any team that gets him will be better off for it. He just broke into Rep of Ireland senior squad in their last friendly before the Euro's. He didn't go to France but Keane has stated he is in Rep of Ireland's plans for the future so looking like a promising future for the kid.

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Someone should reply and ask how they think they are a bigger club. Bloody hell he worlds gone mad :facepalm:

Maybe he is getting us mixed up with the other half.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Depends how you look at it. Are we paying 1m for the finished article? Or are we paying for potential?

If it's potential, and he signs a 4 year contract, that's £250,000 a year. If he turns out to be a success, and we sell him for 5x his value, that'll be a steal in relative terms.

Same situation with Pogba, is he worth £100m, no. Is he worth £100m from a potential ability and marketing point of view? Well, some big clubs seem to think so.

I wouldn't pay a million out right for him, I'd offer a staged payment, 250k upfront, some more based on appearances say 300k for 40 appearances, add to that promotion clauses etc and a 30% sell on clause,

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I love it when a manager comes out and says things like:

- I don't know what's going on

- I'm just focusing on the players who are out here with me

If COD genuinely Ill, why not just say it.  Oh yeah, he's not really ill is he!

You're absolutely right Dave. 

"I don't know what's going on." For that please read "he's definitely leaving". 

I'm genuinely excited about what I'm  reading about this lad. I just hope it's to us!

Some of the Oxford fans reactions are frankly comical, for us with say Flint or Kodjia, would we really object to them moving to a Burnley, Watford or Bournemouth etc. Teams who are recently promoted or teams who yo yo? No, provided we got a reasonable fee I feel we'd wish them well, yes a large portion of Oxford fans do have this view, but its rather more than the odd one or two who genuinely appear to think that joining us isn't a step up for him. Considering they've only just been promoted to league 1, they're a small fish in that division and we have the potential to be a mid level team in this division considering our form after Johnson took over last season.

58 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I wouldn't pay a million out right for him, I'd offer a staged payment, 250k upfront, some more based on appearances say 300k for 40 appearances, add to that promotion clauses etc and a 30% sell on clause,

250K upfront? Could you imagine if we sold our best young talent for that amount? I'd imagine if he did come it'd be just under 1m mark with add ons.

He certainly shouldn't be getting offered 10K a week though.

4 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

250K upfront? Could you imagine if we sold our best young talent for that amount? I'd imagine if he did come it'd be just under 1m mark with add ons.

He certainly shouldn't be getting offered 10K a week though.

like Yannock Bolasie?

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

like Yannock Bolasie?

Hindsight is a beautiful thing, Bolasie barely showed anything with us though, he was a raw talent who developed massively once he moved to Palace, we made 4x the amount we bought him for and have a sell on clause, hardly a bad deal at the time considering he hadn't showed much of a sign of the player he has become.

Archived