IGNORED

Match day - stadium information

Mkelly

I hope that you all enjoy the facilities at the stadium tomorrow 

We have listened to your feedback from last season and have made the first phase of changes in concessions with the introduction of extra bar taps.  We have also introduced drink only concessions and pop up food carts around the concourses. There is more to come once we are complete over the coming weeks. 

The ground floor Atyeo concession is now drinks only with food selection upstairs. 

Once the west stand is fully complete we will re visit the plans for a pub within the Atyeo.

As we get into the Autumn we will add more stand alone hot drink stalls across the stadium. (Coffee units sold more than beer last season) 

With recognised positive fan behavior, the police have allowed the introduction of a fan zone serving alchohol and food outside of the south and west stand as well as beer caddies outside of the Atyeo. This is a big step forward and hopefully the start of a creation of external events every match.

This is something that I would like to add to throughout the season with the support of our police reps (to date has been fantastic) 

There will be 450 of our own Ashton Gate staff on duty as well as nearly 200 stewards.  150 of the concession staff are new, they have been fully trained over the summer but please be patient, this is their first test event.   The majority of our AG staff are from within south bristol and the average age is 19.

The majority of our suppliers from bakers (Marks bread) to butchers (Shepard's / Ruby & White) and waste (ETM) are local neighbours.

The average pint of beer for a ST holder is £3.60 which is cheaper than a lot of local and city bars.

I understand that the demand at HT was more than the supply last season and I am hoping that the extra units and the addition of the 5 large concessions in the West Stand (when open) will help with transaction speed.

We are still challenging the restrictions on tables with the authorities and I would like to think I can update soon on the plans.

I will host the allowed 4 beam backs in the sports bar throughout the season and will update once confirmed.

I genuinely hope that your experience within the stadium tomorrow is a positive one. Due to the nature of the building program we have had to phase a lot of our additions over the season. We may not get everything right tomorrow and as ever I am very open minded on feedback and will continue to evolve to add to your match day experience.

Mark 

Thanks Mark.  I for one are very impressed with the changes at the 'new' Ashton Gate.

There will be some teething problems no doubt, but hopefully the feedback will be positive. 

Personally I like the changes mentioned, like the drinks only concessions and hopefully you can a arrange a bit of seating in the concourse doing the season.

I'm looking forward to the fans village tomorrow.

Cheers again and good luck!

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

@Mkelly can only echo what Marie has said above, things are steadily taking shape at Ashton Gate and I personally love the interaction that you have on here, which clearly has had a positive affect. 

I thought I'd told you before now, it proper freaks me out when football related people call me by my real name! #Dolly :D 

This is all far too positive.

Can't you post a story of woe and doom so we've got something to moan about and to take our minds off the fact that tomorrow afternoon people are going to be kicking a ball about and their performance is going to shape the collective mood of the rest of the weekend and then the week.

All sounds very promising. Had a wander past about 10 minutes ago - looked like there was still a bit to do!

I notice there are 2 VIP entrances - how many "very important people" are you expecting?????????

Meanwhile the players, the stars of the show, are relegated to a small side door. (And to be consistent with all the other signage, "Players" not "Players entrance" would have been sufficient.)

Aside from that pedantic nonsense, I wish you good luck. COYR!

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

This is all far too positive.

Can't you post a story of woe and doom so we've got something to moan about and to take our minds off the fact that tomorrow afternoon people are going to be kicking a ball about and their performance is going to shape the collective mood of the rest of the weekend and then the week.

I burnt my pre football day pizza tonight :sad26:

Ironically it was cos I was typing a post on here and forgot to check it !! 

13 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Can you ask Steve and his family to come on to the pitch before kick off so us fan can thank them 

That's a great idea, what a lovely thought. @Mkellyplease persuade them!

And Mark, I can only echo what others have said. We may not always agree with what the club does and why, but mostly it's the not knowing that causes this. Things like the tables etc, we can stand there with pints in hands and complain as it isn't easy to eat send drink without tables. All it takes is a bit of dialogue where someone takes the time to say we are aware, these are the difficulties and we are working on it, which is exactly what you have been doing. We do really appreciate the input from you and long may it continue, thank you.

1 hour ago, Mkelly said:

We have listened to your feedback from last season and have made the first phase of changes in concessions with the introduction of extra bar taps.  We have also introduced drink only concessions and pop up food carts around the concourses. There is more to come once we are complete over the coming weeks. 

The ground floor Atyeo concession is now drinks only with food selection upstairs. 

Once the west stand is fully complete we will re visit the plans for a pub within the Atyeo.

As we get into the Autumn we will add more stand alone hot drink stalls across the stadium. (Coffee units sold more than beer last season) 

With recognised positive fan behavior, the police have allowed the introduction of a fan zone serving alchohol and food outside of the south and west stand as well as beer caddies outside of the Atyeo. This is a big step forward and hopefully the start of a creation of external events every match.

This is something that I would like to add to throughout the season with the support of our police reps (to date has been fantastic) 

There will be 450 of our own Ashton Gate staff on duty as well as nearly 200 stewards.  150 of the concession staff are new, they have been fully trained over the summer but please be patient, this is their first test event.   The majority of our AG staff are from within south bristol and the average age is 19.

The majority of our suppliers from bakers (Marks bread) to butchers (Shepard's / Ruby & White) and waste (ETM) are local neighbours.

The average pint of beer for a ST holder is £3.60 which is cheaper than a lot of local and city bars.

I understand that the demand at HT was more than the supply last season and I am hoping that the extra units and the addition of the 5 large concessions in the West Stand (when open) will help with transaction speed.

We are still challenging the restrictions on tables with the authorities and I would like to think I can update soon on the plans.

I will host the allowed 4 beam backs in the sports bar throughout the season and will update once confirmed.

I genuinely hope that your experience within the stadium tomorrow is a positive one. Due to the nature of the building program we have had to phase a lot of our additions over the season. We may not get everything right tomorrow and as ever I am very open minded on feedback and will continue to evolve to add to your match day experience.

Mark 

The only downside in the Atyeo, we'll have to queue up twice if we want food and drink. By the time we get served the second half will be starting. Everything else sounds a bit more positive

1 hour ago, flipflopcity said:

I Hope there will be plenty of seats in the fan zone as I am bringing along a 77 year old who is so excited he thinks he will get a ST for the coming season after lapsing for a few years :fingerscrossed:

Flip you'll be disappointed then as there's no seating in the FZ as confirmed by @Mkelly elsewhere on here or on Twitter. 

See You in the Spanish/Bs3/hen/cow I suggest. 

2 hours ago, Mkelly said:

Mark 

Fair play mark. I for one appreciate the open dialogue and honesty on what is an ever expanding proposition. Good luck tomorrow.

Archived