IGNORED

This is class from Hodor

9 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

We all thought he'd scored in the SS. His confidence noticably grew after too, so even if it was TA's goal it did the lad a world of good.

We did. Otherwise how can you explain the spontaneous Iceland Clap that happened while he was celebrating in front of us?

2 hours ago, samo II said:

I wasn't there but my Dad was, and he was convinced it was Magnússon who scored.  But watching the highlights last night, think Ambraham glanced it.

Doesn't matter really, and if nothing else; Tammy getting it means his confidence will improve, Hodour doesn't seem to mind, and the fact that on a couple of occasions (according to the radio at least) our man from Iceland troubled them in attacking situations suggests he'll add something (and notch a few) for us this season.

Great to think that even if we were a bit shakey at times, the new boys seem to really be up for the challenge and keen to get involved.

he got into goal scoring positions against Portsmouth as well - great to have 2 CBs that look as though they may contribute a few goals over the season.

Just now, Fiale said:

he got into goal scoring positions against Portsmouth as well - great to have 2 CBs that look as though they may contribute a few goals over the season.

Frankie Fielding mentioned his free kicks on the commentary; would also be keen to see him hit one or two this season.

37 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

We all thought he'd scored in the SS. His confidence noticably grew after too, so even if it was TA's goal it did the lad a world of good.

We saw the blond hair go up for the ball and it looked as if Hodor had got it but from the Atyeo end of the Dolman but we were too far away to see clearly.

He's becoming a fans favourite already despite looking shaky in the first half. 

Just back fro m Iceland this week, and waiting at the airport for Gatwick flight there was an Icelandic national youth team (looked like U17s) obvs going to play in a tournament.  Asked the coaches about Hordur, and the boss fella said he knew him well from coaching him at youth football.  He spoke in glowing terms about his character, and said he'd got a lovely left foot too.  Sounds like good DNA to me!

P.S.  Robbored can turn away now, but for those  interested, the odd looking 'd' that Hordur uses in his name is called an 'eth' and is a letter we have dropped from English.  It represents the 'th' sound as in 'them' or 'those' - not the related 'th' as in 'thing' or 'Thelma' - so his name is pronounced Horthur, rather then with an English 'd'. Just thought I'd say; if you're living abroad it's always nice if people try to get your name as right as they can.

4 minutes ago, bcdc said:

P.S.  Robbored can turn away now, but for those  interested, the odd looking 'd' that Hordur uses in his name is called an 'eth' and is a letter we have dropped from English.  It represents the 'th' sound as in 'them' or 'those' - not the related 'th' as in 'thing' or 'Thelma' - so his name is pronounced Horthur, rather then with an English 'd'. Just thought I'd say; if you're living abroad it's always nice if people try to get your name as right as they can.

That's interesting but I like to use colloquialism that has has originated at AG. Hence Kodjia and now Hordor or even Hodur.......

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Yep, certainly some options, and Flint might be a good decoy, just as Matt Smith was for Flint.

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Super said:

Yep lots were doing that silly Icelandic chant.

Agree, it is silly when it`s just being done for the sake of it and because it`s been on the telly but I don`t see any problem with it being done spontaneously by the stand at the end that our Icelandic player has just scored at (or so we thought at the time).

1 hour ago, BS3City said:

Must admit that I vowed never to indulge in the "Icelandic Clap"! Couldn't help myself when it started though. Top banter from the Ice Man too! Wonder if any of the Wigan mob have seen his comment?

One of them has called it "phenomenally arrogant" :rofl2br:

1 hour ago, City169 said:

One of them has called it "phenomenally arrogant" :rofl2br:

Speaks volumes about that humourless rugby town that they'd fail to see the funny side of their boring-as chant once Mr Grigg was shown to be significantly less 'incendiary' at this level, and people poked a little fun.

I guess pointing out you can change the words to 'Wigan are liars/no one here is terrified' and it would be more accurate would probably get me called "arrogant" too... 

He was definitely tentative in the first half, got caught flat footed once or twice, and whenever he was passing he never put his foot through it, so gave the ball away with a few underhit passes. Really impressed with how well Flint helped him though, and in the second half Magnusson didn't put a foot wrong.

4 hours ago, Luxo Jr. said:

He was definitely tentative in the first half, got caught flat footed once or twice, and whenever he was passing he never put his foot through it, so gave the ball away with a few underhit passes. Really impressed with how well Flint helped him though, and in the second half Magnusson didn't put a foot wrong.

Thought the positioning of Magnusson and Flint wasn't right in the first half.  They seemed to be covering the same areas.  Much better second half.

Archived