IGNORED

1. Throw in - where it is thrown back. 2. Goalkeepers time with ball

cidered abroad

Seeing the thread about time wasting has prompted me on these subjects.

Throw in; either change the law and let it be taken from anywhere OR instruct refs and linesmen to ensure it is taken from where ball leave pitch.

Goalkeepers; Has the 6 second rule with ball in hand, been totally wiped from the laws or do referees have instructions to totally disregard this law? 

25 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I don't think the six second rule applies anymore. I think Simon Mignolet got booked for time wasting last year and an indirect free kick was awarded but I've no idea how long he'd held onto the ball for.

30 seconds I believe. They put a timer on him during one highlights show. Rightly called for it. Still think it's technically a rule but I think it's at the refs discretion at what he feels is too long but you won't see it called often. 

I thought the ref yesterday was incredibly weak on this, they were taking virtually every throw from miles forward from where the ball went out.

He also let Wigan stand in front of all of our free kicks and commit a lot of niggly fouls (shirt pulling off the ball too) before finally booking a couple.

43 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

The six second rule is definitely still in the rules. Referees just completely ignore it

The same as they tend to so with holding at corner kicks.

52 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

The six second rule is definitely still in the rules. Referees just completely ignore it. 

I don't think referees need the extra hastle of 'creating a problem' if you know what I mean. They get enough stick now without going looking for trouble.

Also it has to be remembered that the 6 seconds start when the keeper has the ball under 'total control' and not as soon as he saves a shot, for instance!

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

did LJ get booked yesterday for trying to hurry up one of their players?

No, I thought that at first, but it was the 'slightly' taller Dan Burn who got it.  Easy mistake :P

21 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

They can't - it's not permitted by the EFL Rules.

33.16    Multiple Balls.  No Club shall be entitled to utilise a 'multiple ball' system in any League Match. 

http://www.efl.com/global/section5.aspx

Is multi-ball where the ball-boys each have a ball and they give that to the player, rather than fetch the match-ball?

• Admin
2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Never understood why they got rid of multi ball. Made sense to me in terms of keeping the game flowing.

Because although brought in to speed the game up, some clubs coached their ballboys to "accidentally" return two balls to the pitch to aide timewasting.

1 minute ago, Ian M said:

Because although brought in to speed the game up, some clubs coached their ballboys to "accidentally" return two balls to the pitch to aide timewasting.

Shame if this was the reason it was dropped. Seems like an overreaction to get rid of the system altogether. Just keep an eye on the clubs doing it and punish repeat offenders.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

And slow the game down even more.

Not if you put a time limit on it being taken and it's adhered too.

Don't take within 10 secs, then it goes to opposition.

Throw in's take forever now anyway...especially with our lack of movement.

Why have we ALWAYS been shite at throw ins..?!

Over the last 30 years, god knows how many players, under however many different managers, we always have & always will be completely inept at taking throw ins. 

Why..?! 

48 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why have we ALWAYS been shite at throw ins..?!

Over the last 30 years, god knows how many players, under however many different managers, we always have & always will be completely inept at taking throw ins. 

Why..?! 

Magnusson looks like he has a decent launch on him.

41 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Magnusson looks like he has a decent launch on him.

All part of Icelands renowned set piece threat, hopefully. 

You know, the one the England should have been fully aware of and trained on, before conceding from a throw in...! 

56 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

All part of Icelands renowned set piece threat, hopefully. 

You know, the one the England should have been fully aware of and trained on, before conceding from a throw in...! 

The sad part is that they did know about their long throws and I assume trained to defend against them . 

Archived