IGNORED

6 bloody points

BS3_RED

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

9th wasn't it v Ipswich?

It definitely wasn't Leeds. That was the day after on my birthday(moved from my bday to the next day) which we drew. Ipswich away we were up and another late goal to steal points. Think it was the last time Luke Freeman scored and even that was generous. 

23 minutes ago, robinreliant said:

Only six bloody points Rodney. This time next year we're all gonna be millionaires.

Do you think there was ever a time when Steve Lansdown said to Peter Hargreaves " this time next year we'll be billionaires"?

47 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Do you think there was ever a time when Steve Lansdown said to Peter Hargreaves " this time next year we'll be billionaires"?

I believe SL said at the start of this season he was going to spend whatever it took to get us up, and PH responded, this time next year you will be a millionaire...

It's strange though isn't it, because most people would probably say we played better for the first 3 games last season (Sheffield Wednesday, Brentford and Leeds), in terms of gameplay, possession, excitement etc, the only problem being that our defence was all over the place and conceded 8 goals in those matches. Defence is massive though and let us down so much early on last season, whereas this season letting in only 2 goals in 2 games gives us a reasonable platform to build on. Also worth noting that while Wigan and Burton might not be the strongest teams in the league, they both scored 3 in their other matches.

Our defence isn't perfect now (2 games into the season, it's unlikely to be), but it's looking so much more solid and determined to limit goals against.

36 minutes ago, #roe said:

It's strange though isn't it, because most people would probably say we played better for the first 3 games last season (Sheffield Wednesday, Brentford and Leeds), in terms of gameplay, possession, excitement etc, the only problem being that our defence was all over the place and conceded 8 goals in those matches. Defence is massive though and let us down so much early on last season, whereas this season letting in only 2 goals in 2 games gives us a reasonable platform to build on. Also worth noting that while Wigan and Burton might not be the strongest teams in the league, they both scored 3 in their other matches.

Our defence isn't perfect now (2 games into the season, it's unlikely to be), but it's looking so much more solid and determined to limit goals against.

If we can stop the other side scoring in batches of four, then Tammy and co ought to keep us in the points.

(1 point is acceptable now and again......)

13 hours ago, nellie said:

i honestly think we can only get better we haven't looked good in all 3 of our matches so far but we have got the win. we can only get better 

Second half v Wigan looked ok to me.

Historically City have usually raised their game against bigger clubs, so let's hope this still applies against Villa and Newcastle. 

Working on the basis of win your home games and draw your away games, our target for this month would be 11 points. We have banked six, and with the three relegated prem sides coming up if we win just one of those that puts us on 9 points. That would be a very good return from a very tough start to the season

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

And what a last 5 minutes that was!

The lows and then highs of that match were bi-polar in the extreme.

Seriously concerned about our survival in SBC. Realisation that Cotterill was out of his depth.....then two desperately late City goals changed all that and I left AG buzzing.....unfortunately that "buzz" didn't last long.

Archived