IGNORED

6 bloody points

BS3_RED

5 minutes ago, Kermit the Frog said:

Working on the basis of win your home games and draw your away games, our target for this month would be 11 points. We have banked six, and with the three relegated prem sides coming up if we win just one of those that puts us on 9 points. That would be a very good return from a very tough start to the season

I'd be over with the moon with a draw at Norwich.  And depending on how Newcastle get on, a point against them at home would be a good target too.

8 points from four games, with two of the promotion favourites out the way; not to be sniffed at.

14 hours ago, Clarky89 said:

Top of the League!! 

But still not safe from relegation! :P

Meanwhile down in Conference South; W-S-M are top, P3 W3, F12 A0.

What odds will we get on City & WSM both being promoted as Champions of their respective divisions?

Just now, samo II said:

I'd be over with the moon with a draw at Norwich.  And depending on how Newcastle get on, a point against them at home would be a good target too.

8 points from four games, with two of the promotion favourites out the way; not to be sniffed at.

For sure, I don't think we will beat Norwich and agree that a point would be a great result. I think we have a good chance of getting three points from one of the two other relegated sides (villa more likely IMO). Eight points would be great, 9 points would be the most I could hope for. Any more than that and I will fall off my chair!

9 minutes ago, 22A said:

But still not safe from relegation! :P

Meanwhile down in Conference South; W-S-M are top, P3 W3, F12 A0.

What odds will we get on City & WSM both being promoted as Champions of their respective divisions?

Isn't our lad Macoulskie (sp?) on loan there and banging them in? 

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Can't see any points at Carrow Rd but I fancy 4 points from the Villa and Newcastle games. The Geordies are currently struggling and Villa well, are Villa.........

Should we want Newcastle to beat Reading at home on Wednesday to get their first win out of the way before we play them?

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Should we want Newcastle to beat Reading at home on Wednesday to get their first win out of the way before we play them?

A very poor and scrappy 2-1 win will do, so that they played badly, let a goal in but had just enough quality to win. Then make them crumble at AG ;)

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Balls to that; want Reading to thrash them.  The Geordies would be livid and on their players back immediately if we made a good start.

I misread the goal difference; it's 7-2 as their results so far have been 3-1. 2-1 & 2-0.

They have two City loanees; "Football Development Director Jon Haile made arrangements for the loan of Shawn McCoulsky – striker and George Dowling – centre mid from the Bristol City U 21 Academy. They signed youth loan forms for two months loan.

Villa have the ability to embarrass teams at this level. It's still early so we could catch them at a bad moment but I'm not going in expecting 3 points. Newcastle the same. Norwich away I expect nothing which is not a reflection of us but of how good Norwich can be. I said in another thread what my lineup would be and it didn't include Tomlin. 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 and catching them on the counter. Bryan and Freeman on the wings. Kodjia or Abraham up front. Brownhill, Pack and O'Neil in the middle. Golbourne and Matthews fullbacks and the normal starting CBs.

4 minutes ago, 22A said:

I misread the goal difference; it's 7-2 as their results so far have been 3-1. 2-1 & 2-0.

They have two City loanees; "Football Development Director Jon Haile made arrangements for the loan of Shawn McCoulsky – striker and George Dowling – centre mid from the Bristol City U 21 Academy. They signed youth loan forms for two months loan.

Think Dow,ing - a Bemmy lad - is a decent prospect. Came on in a game late last season and LJ must rate him. 

Archived