IGNORED

Jimmy's Instagram activity

JasonM88

There is a decent chance Jimmy has become an existentialist. Scott Walker of The Walker Brothers is one of their most famous converts. Existentialists only live for the here and now so don't pay any homage to the past or even plan for the future. All that exists is the present. A good sign that someone is an existentialist is that they do away with anything to do with the past, such as photographs.

It is a well known fact that existentialists tend to be French types and that most converts to this philosophy become one after suffering a trauma that leads them to radically change their outlook on life. The top five traumatic events that lead someone to convert to existentialism according to the textbook on existentialism called 'Existentialism: What Every Existentialist Needs To Know But Then Will Need To Forget Because That Would Be Hoarding Something From The Past' are:

1. Losing a job.

2. A near death experience.

3. Living beyond imposed boundaries.

4. Having several top 10 hits in about 1967.

5. Failing to score in the first two league matches of the season.

What with being a French type, Jimmy scores heavily on that list. Number 1, according to some, he will be dropped for tonight's game. Number 3, he is caught offside a lot and number 5, he has, at this present time failed to score in the first two league matches this season...although this might yet change as Tammy had but now hasn't.

48 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Scenes on this post when Jimmy scores the winner tonight 

or when he re-follows Bristol City and restores all his photos to his instagram account.

Tammy is better than Jimmy, IMHO,

Jimmy got goals last year, but was also a large part of the problem with the wider team and our poor results. All the talk from LJ in the last few weeks of last season (trying to get him to 20 goals) and in preseason from the club/LJ/SL has been to talk his price up, with a view to shipping him out for a profit (probably because he is a nice lad but with plenty of issues = heart and now probably head is not with BCFC, language, does not seem to understand offside, selfish, does not think team etc)

I would take the money and invest in some one similar, but who wants to be here and can communicate in English and does not get catch offside so much

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

I thought the club back tracked on that, and they confirmed that it was actually a genuine account after all

That was Gartia wasnt it?

30 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

Jimmy got goals last year, but was also a large part of the problem with the wider team and our poor results. All the talk from LJ in the last few weeks of last season (trying to get him to 20 goals) and in preseason from the club/LJ/SL has been to talk his price up, with a view to shipping him out for a profit (probably because he is a nice lad but with plenty of issues = heart and now probably head is not with BCFC, language, does not seem to understand offside, selfish, does not think team etc)

I would take the money and invest in some one similar, but who wants to be here and can communicate in English and does not get catch offside so much

I've not heard anyone from the club sounding keen to sell

How do you know he has 'Issues'?

Your suggestions for a 20 goal replacement?

1 hour ago, brady bunch said:

Jimmy got goals last year, but was also a large part of the problem with the wider team and our poor results. 

Scored the most amount of goals in open play in the whole league playing for a team that came 18th which had absolutely no creativity in it for the first half of the season. 

Any criticism he receives is laughable. If he was playing for any of he teams around us last season, this forum would be absolutely unanimous in saying what a good player he is and how we need someone like him.

Of course I know some seem to enjoy endlessly pointing out his weaknesses like they expect the perfect player to be playing for Bristol City.

To be fair I'd actually agree that the early signs suggest Tammy is better and as I don't think we can play both tonight I'd have Kodjia on the bench. However that doesn't change the fact that Kodjia did great last season and is a very, very good player at this level. For the time being he is actually ours unlike Tammy as well.

44 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Scored the most amount of goals in open play in the whole league playing for a team that came 18th which had absolutely no creativity in it for the first half of the season. 

Any criticism he receives is laughable. If he was playing for any of he teams around us last season, this forum would be absolutely unanimous in saying what a good player he is and how we need someone like him.

Of course I know some seem to enjoy endlessly pointing out his weaknesses like they expect the perfect player to be playing for Bristol City.

To be fair I'd actually agree that the early signs suggest Tammy is better and as I don't think we can play both tonight I'd have Kodjia on the bench. However that doesn't change the fact that Kodjia did great last season and is a very, very good player at this level. For the time being he is actually ours unlike Tammy as well.

"Absolutely no creativity in it" - really?  Did we really go from a side that scored 96 goals the previous season to one with no creativity?  That's not how I remember it.  OK, we didn't have Tomlin back then but I remember plenty of games where we created plenty of chances and didn't take them.  Cardiff away (0-0) springs to mind as a very good example.  In fact a theme on here at the time was our tendency to often dominate games without winning.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

"Absolutely no creativity in it" - really?  Did we really go from a side that scored 96 goals the previous season to one with no creativity?  That's not how I remember it.  OK, we didn't have Tomlin back then but I remember plenty of games where we created plenty of chances and didn't take them.  Cardiff away (0-0) springs to mind as a very good example.  In fact a theme on here at the time was our tendency to often dominate games without winning.

I remember plenty of games when Kodjia created his own chances yeah. 

Our 'creative' force was Freeman and I'm not sure he's ever even passed to Kodjia let alone created him any sort of chance. Derrick Williams playing wingback? Again not exactly a massive attacking force.

At the very start of the season I agree, we played some gung ho football and created  and wasted some chances. But after the Reading home game that could have been a cricket score we became less attacking in order to stop getting humiliated on the counter and up to LJ coming in we barely created a chance. Something like 2 goals from open play in 16 games wasn't it? 

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

I remember plenty of games when Kodjia created his own chances yeah. 

Our 'creative' force was Freeman and I'm not sure he's ever even passed to Kodjia let alone created him any sort of chance. Derrick Williams playing wingback? Again not exactly a massive attacking force.

At the very start of the season I agree, we played some gung ho football and created  and wasted some chances. But after the Reading home game that could have been a cricket score we became less attacking in order to stop getting humiliated on the counter and up to LJ coming in we barely created a chance. Something like 2 goals from open play in 16 games wasn't it? 

Fair enough, it did decline, no doubt about that, I just think "absolutely no creativity" is a bit strong.  I would say the 2 goals from open play thing had as much to do with failing to take chances as it did failing to create them.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No, not necessarily - my company (a huge multi-national) is still waiting for the blue tick to be granted for its twitter account...

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You own a huge multi-national company?!  You're not Donald Trump are you?

If BS4 was or is Donald Trump (and he's not) we could tell because he would've said:

"....my company (a huge multi-national. A huge multi-national) is still waiting - it is still waiting - for the blue tick (Hilary is a lesbian) to be granted for its twitter account (and I blame Mexicans/Muslims/radical Islam)"

Something like that....

2 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

If BS4 was or is Donald Trump (and he's not) we could tell because he would've said:

"....my company (a huge multi-national. A huge multi-national) is still waiting - it is still waiting - for the blue tick (Hilary is a lesbian) to be granted for its twitter account (and I blame Mexicans/Muslims/radical Islam)"

Something like that....

He would also have encouraged us to sign a marksman who can hit the target...that target being Hilary Clinton.

Archived