IGNORED

Just Maybe

frenchred

Johnson is a little bit out of his depth?

Poor starting line up, very poor substitutions, say what you like about Matthews you bought him, you played him and sold our best right back!

Thought we gave Newcastle far too much respect, they were not that oood!

:facepalm: I spoke too soon in another thread. 

There was nothing wrong with the starters. Only sub I didn't get was taking Tammy off but Wilbs needed to come on IMO. Just would've played all 3 strikers. Maybe Tammy needed treatment though. Losing 0-1 to Newcastle while being on top most of the game is not poor. 

Just now, GrenadaRed said:

I thought we matched a decent team and you are talking total bo***cks!

Couldn't agree more. Yes, there is room for improvement but comments like "out of his depth" when we lose to a team that has spent forty odd million on players are just plain stupid and ignorant without putting too fine a point on it.

I do think he made mistakes today but don't think he is out of his depth. For me you can't play Bobby in a midfield two and Pack should of played, and didn't really understand bringing Wilbs on when we then just resorted to hopeless long balls.

We also haven't "bought" Matthews....

In all honesty very few would have expected us to get anything from Norwich and/or Newcastle. Villa also unlikely, but of the three that game is the best chance of getting anything.

4 minutes ago, Super said:

I do think he made mistakes today but don't think he is out of his depth. For me you can't play Bobby in a midfield two and Pack should of played, and didn't really understand bringing Wilbs on when we then just resorted to hopeless long balls.

But Bobby was excellent today. That bit worked 

4 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Poor starting line up, very poor substitutions, say what you like about Matthews you bought him, you played him and sold our best right back!

Or perhaps , our recruitment this season has been very good . It will take time for everyone to gel . Give him credit for switching to 3 at the back to try and get a point . Anyone can pick up a injury but yes unfortunate it's someone who has previous. 

I do agree a little bit with the too much respect this but only with certain players o'dowda for example but thought Jimmy , o'neil , Flint,  Tomlin , Abraham certainly didn't. Abraham is only 18 and will learn a lot from the last two games. It's a marathon not a sprint and I don't think anyone should get carried away with results from Norwich and Newcastle , we are years behind clubs like them. 

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

:facepalm: I spoke too soon in another thread. 

There was nothing wrong with the starters. Only sub I didn't get was taking Tammy off but Wilbs needed to come on IMO. Just would've played all 3 strikers. Maybe Tammy needed treatment though. Losing 0-1 to Newcastle while being on top most of the game is not poor. 

Nothing wrong with the starters? Freeman? Matthews? what was Wilbs going to give us? why is losing not poor, That Newcastle team will be nowhere near the top on that performance

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Couldn't agree more. Yes, there is room for improvement but comments like "out of his depth" when we lose to a team that has spent forty odd million on players are just plain stupid and ignorant without putting too fine a point on it.

You thought they were decent? Oh dear on that performance they will be nowhere near

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

Nothing wrong with the starters? Freeman? Matthews? what was Wilbs going to give us? why is losing not poor, That Newcastle team will be nowhere near the top on that performance

Matthews got hurt. It happens. 

We were playing long ball and Tammy and Kodjia were struggling to hold it up or win anything. Wilbs brought that and it helped a bit without end product. 

Freeman had a good first half and it's a squad. Sometimes someone else will get a start. Freeman did today. 

18 minutes ago, frenchred said:

You've had a 'mare here mate.

maybe you could have said Johnson had a bad day at the office, maybe - but you'd be wrong, but to say out of his depth is up there with Thatch and his booing. 

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

The funny thing is that Rafa Benitez said afterwards is that he knew it would be a tough gane today because "Bristol City have a Manager and Players who know what they are doing and have the ability to switch systems mid game". Another bloke out of his depth?

And please tell me which of those systems worked?

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

But Bobby was excellent today. That bit worked 

Bobby was very good today , it's difficult in a way because I thought pack should of started as well ( can't believe I agree with super on something ) Bobby wasn't overawed though and I personally thought Reid wouldn't cut it at this level but since LJ's come in he's been  superb 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

You've had a 'mare here mate.

maybe you could have said Johnson had a bad day at the office, maybe, but to say out of his depth is up there with Thatch and his booing. 

Whys that then mate, he's not proven at this level and after today he was out of his depth, I hope it s just a bad day at the office, w'ell see

Just now, frenchred said:

And please tell me which of those systems worked?

Neither on the basis we lost 1-0. A retard could tell you that. But that doesn't mean the Manager is out of his depth. Sorry but you have made a stupid, ignorant and nonsensical comment and are in a minority of around.........one.

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Whys that then mate, he's not proven at this level and after today he was out of his depth, I hope it s just a bad day at the office, w'ell see

He's not proven out of his depth either. He came here and did a fantastic job last year - play off form under his stewardship and thus far we've 3 wins 2 defeats in 5, two defeats by an odd goal against sides plying the in the premier league last year, one of them also being cross country away on a Tuesday night. Indeed the man has credit in the bank and suggestions of out of his depth show a total, total lack of appreciation of where we are as a club and what he has done. 

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Neither on the basis we lost 1-0. A retard could tell you that. But that doesn't mean the Manager is out of his depth. Sorry but you have made a stupid, ignorant and nonsensical comment and are in a minority of around.........one.

Happy to be in minority of one, better that than a sheep

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Happy to be in minority of one, better that than a sheep

It's not when it means sitting in the corner with a dunce hat. I'm honestly flabbergasted that someone is calling his abilities in to question. He's brave, he's bold, he's made mistakes, he's made masterstrokes. One thing he absolutely has not done is shown himself out of his depth. Far from it, he's shown massive promise and potential. I personally think he'll be to us what Eddie Howe is to Bournemouth and I think, like Kodjia, he's destined for much more than AG. 

20 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Just maybe they managed the game expertly, limited us to half-chances, showed their quality when they needed to with a very good goal, and just maybe they are the title favourites for a reason, with a Premier League budget and players to match.

Just maybe we tried to break them down but, rather than showing them "respect", we just weren't able to because we are not quite as good as them. And just maybe that's not because the manager is "out of his depth", but because he is working with a less capable group of players.

Just maybe.

Archived