IGNORED

Just Maybe

frenchred

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Bobby was very good today , it's difficult in a way because I thought pack should of started as well ( can't believe I agree with super on something ) Bobby wasn't overawed though and I personally thought Reid wouldn't cut it at this level but since LJ's come in he's been  superb 

Tbf I thought Pack should've started as well and thought Bobby would get bossed a bit but as you said, under LJ, he's been a revelation. Think LJ said he wanted to attack today and you could see it in the lineup. 

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Not yet,wait till we lose against the villa then frenchred will be fuming 

I'm not fuming mate, I don;t think Newcastle are any great shakes based on previous results and today's performance, yet we were still second best but hey ho 0-1 aint bad!

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Happy to be in minority of one, better that than a sheep

Agree about the sheep thing but disagree about him being out of his depth. It's very refreshing to have a manager who's honest and changes tactics and systems to try and get a result rather than cotterill who would change anything for nobody . LJ is a young manager learning all the time , don't get carried away with one or two results we are miles better than this time last season. 

16 minutes ago, 29AR said:

He's not proven out of his depth either. He came here and did a fantastic job last year - play off form under his stewardship and thus far we've 3 wins 2 defeats in 5, two defeats by an odd goal against sides plying the in the premier league last year, one of them also being cross country away on a Tuesday night. Indeed the man has credit in the bank and suggestions of out of his depth show a total, total lack of appreciation of where we are as a club and what he has done. 

Your papering over the cracks...

36 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Johnson is a little bit out of his depth?

Poor starting line up, very poor substitutions, say what you like about Matthews you bought him, you played him and sold our best right back!

Thought we gave Newcastle far too much respect, they were not that oood!

I haven't even read the rest of this thread, but my thoughts are you are totally incorrect. 

I've been impressed by LJ's positive attacking substitutions. 

When we've got a fit Matthews, Smith, o'dowda & Bryan, to add to today's encouraging performance, I think a top half finish is realistic. 

A couple more quality additions, and who knows..?!

Just now, Thatwasclose said:

Yes ... You've only got to look at the number of times JP is alongside him standing in the technical area.... Relies on JP a lot by the looks of things.

Look around all other clubs you won't see much of that.

Relies, or works with?

The bloke is only in his 4th season of management, and his first one starting the season at this level. 

His counterpart today has 30 years of experience either as a coach or manager, and is THE ONLY manager in history (according to Wiki) to have won the Champions League, Europa League, UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup. It's only natural for there to be a little bit of difference in how they go about their job.

44 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Poor starting line up, very poor substitutions, say what you like about Matthews you bought him, you played him and sold our best right back!

Is somebody going to wake up with a sore head and deep lingering fear with the "what have I done"'s? Switch to shandy's, full pints aren't kind to you.

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Yup, Lee Johnson is so out of his depth that last season he managed to put together a great run and made us finish safe from relegation! Definitely not up to this level. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Sold our best right back?!

Pahahahaha. 

28 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Yes ... You've only got to look at the number of times JP is alongside him standing in the technical area.... Relies on JP a lot by the looks of things.

So you'd prefer it if Lee Johnson completely ignored the fact that he has a number two that is well-experienced and can provide useful insight and team instructions during a game?

5 hours ago, Brizzol said:

I think we played brilliantly against a quality team and was unlucky to get at least a draw....out of his depth mate, think your having a laugh to be fair. Always looking for the negatives on this site it's a joke.

Sorry but I'm not sure you can play "brilliantly" and lose 1-0 home without being able point to any particular bad luck or even any clear cut chances that justify the claim.

We did OK, but we were ultimately outclassed and Newcastle did a very effective job of managing the game. But it wasn't brilliant.

Amazing, absolutely amazing. We lose 1-0 to a team worth over £45 million, match them toe for toe, even their own manager said we played well and will do well this season, praising Johnson before and after the game. I'm sure you know more than Rafa Benitez though.

Matthews, going by Spudski's comments on another thread wasn't bothered about getting fit in pre season and this is what irked Johnson.

8 hours ago, Thatwasclose said:

Good post, a totally un common theme in football is the manager interacting with their coaches. It has never happened before, ever.

I mean here's a picture of another manager truly out of his depth getting too much help from his assistant.

article-2513655-09608E0C000005DC-635_634x506.jpg

7 hours ago, Lympsham Red said:

So you'd prefer it if Lee Johnson completely ignored the fact that he has a number two that is well-experienced and can provide useful insight and team instructions during a game?

Lee is pretty quietly spoken even when trying to shout - I think Pemb's is used for the instructions because he has a voice like a fog horn when he yells - so you know players will hear him.

10 hours ago, Thatwasclose said:

Are you serious? If so, this says that you clearly don't know much about football. 

10 hours ago, frenchred said:

Whys that then mate, he's not proven at this level and after today he was out of his depth, I hope it s just a bad day at the office, w'ell see

Unproven at this level? I think you need to remember he steered us away from relegation last season. The club were in a bit of a mess, and he comes in saves us from going down and puts us 6th in the form table. 

I don't think he needs to prove himself...

Archived