IGNORED

Just Maybe

frenchred

1 minute ago, Buckeyed said:

I know it's normal for OTIB to have a meltdown after a defeat, however can we remember that we played team that is full of players who wouldn't look out of place in a premier league team. Newcastle's defence alone cost them close to £30m, the midfield even more - is it any surprise that we struggled to break them down. 

If we were told before the season started that we would be mid-table after playing the top teams I am sure many of us would have been happy. 

I was thinking about this before this run of games started, both Newcastle and Norwich were pretty much 1 result away from being still in the Premier League if not for Sunderland's strong last ditch form (again!). They were, if you like, the worst of the also rans and they both were close to getting out of trouble throughout April.

Villa are a different matter, they were a team clearly out of their depth from quite early on and up until the couple of signings they made I would have said that they were the better measure of where our development is going. then they signed McCormack and we all know that he is like Kryptonite to our defence, and judging by some of the highlights I have seen RDM has got their confidence increasing too.

On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 23:18, frenchred said:

Happy to be in minority of one, better that than a sheep

Therein lies the problem old chap.....you are fishing for a bite and only argue your case so enthusiastically because, deep down, you have that feeling that tells you that you've lost the argument. I'm sure that I speak for all fellow forum fans when I say "P155 off!"

Archived